Sign in to follow this  
MA_Wrestler

Is Dake at 165 for the season?

go back to the last foklstyle season for both and caldwell beats howe and loses to an athlete that a few moths later is crowned the best in the world. who was taylors big win?

looking at this past year caldwell was banging heads with sr level athletes and competing at events like the sunkist kids international where he dropped a match to paulson. i know you dont want to look at freestyle since taylor lost to dake in freestyle but if you dont look at caldwells last year and include that you are ignoring a year of data while boosting taylors resume with his hodge season. there is no doubt that olympic years are slightly weaker due to the olympic redshirts. this past year caldwell was working with the best wrestler in the world. you can discount this past year and the progress caldwell has made. you can choose not to include data like taylor folding to howe in iowa city but i am looking at the whole body of work and know that the year of sr level training does wonders even if it isnt in the same style. kilgore will be fun to watch this year too. do you remember when herbert came back from his olympic redshirt?

we will ignore the fact that caldwell beat 2012 olympian unurbat purevjav since freestyle doesnt matter

You are just off the wall at this point. I clearly stated I am not ignoring freestyle. Obviously an Olympic Redshirt year will bring improvement in a wrestler coming back to the NCAA... I just said you are giving it far, far, far to much weight for the current question at hand.

That question is, should Caldwell be favored over / ranked ahead of David Taylor this upcoming NCAA season. The answer is an obvious, and resounding, NO. You keep falling back on arguments to back your opinion that Caldwell has surpassed Taylor and can beat him, but what you seem to refuse to realize is that I am arguing your much earlier point that he should be considered right there with him in folkstyle...when there is absolutely no reason to believe that..none at all. Sure, his freestyle body of work and training this past season helps, it would certainly close the gap a bit, but it is not enough (or even close to enough) evidence to then say he is expected to be right in the mix with Taylor in folkstyle, let alone that he should be ranked ahead of him (to be clear on how silly this is, you are ranking a 2 time AA with 20 career losses, over the defending Undefeated NCAA Champ at the weight, with 1 career loss...insanity)...HE HAS NOT SHOWN ENOUGH FOLKSTYLE ABILITY TO WARRANT THAT ASSERTION, PERIOD!

It is very interesting that you say you are the one considering the "whole body of work", while I choose to ignore the most compelling evidence. The fact of the matter is I give more weight to folkstyle results and accomplishments, and less to freestyle...and you for some reason and giving more weight to freestyle and less to folk. We are comparing and arguing the two in folkstyle...so who is really considering "the whole body of work" more accurately??

Im going to leave it at that with you, because your inability to understand simple distinctions and logic is making my brain shrink.

Your prediction with or without the results of this match along with the "Big Red" ...Lets say Kyle Dake wins...NCAA Championships 2013???

You know it's bad when the PSU fans start ad hominem attacking one another over David Taylor.

Answer???

Casey Jones, you better... watch your speed!

NICE!!!!!

How often do you get to reference the Greatful Dead on a wrestling site?????

I can't seem to shake this mental image of Mopar as a guy with a choo-choo hat and a tie-dye t-shirt! :)