Sign in to follow this  
FATMANROLL

Why does the wrestling comunity put up with?

The wrestling community needs to demand better!

The whole FLOW issue(loosing feed)

Intermat Scorebook with incomplete results

http://www.intermatwrestle.com/scores/college

The NWCA website does not even have a story about last nights All-Star Event, just a link to FLOW and Trackwrestling.

Live scoring blogs that seem more like a place to whine about calls and predict outcomes instead of describing the action.

Why do we put up with it?

I hate to complain (but I sometimes do) but trying to follow SHP's blog was brutally painful. There's very little time for him to comment on the matches because he's trying to allow everyone to make comments. I think he should post the entire log for all to see. Maybe have the NSA take a pass.

The whole FLOW issue(loosing feed)

Intermat Scorebook with incomplete results

http://www.intermatwrestle.com/scores/college

The NWCA website does not even have a story about last nights All-Star Event, just a link to FLOW and Trackwrestling.

Live scoring blogs that seem more like a place to whine about calls and predict outcomes instead of describing the action.

Why do we put up with it?

Why would they listen to someone who does not know the difference in lose and loose?

Might want to look under that heading that reads "Top Stories" on the right side ...

Before you complain about something not being on a website, you might want to actually look beyond the sliding feature. If you're saying it should have been in the slider, fine, that's one thing, but considering I personally posted the release and disseminated it to every single Division I SID and over 300 members of the media, your complaint here does not compute.

I'm only going to comment on that, because it's the one thing I was responsible for on behalf of the NWCA.

I clicked on Events and there is nothing . I have now seen your article and I am sorry for speaking out of turn, I still am disappointed in the Live Blog as well as the poor coverage by the Intermat Scorebook of the weekend duals.

Flow needs to pick it up as there seems to be way too many issues

I thought SHP did a good job with the blog and it was enjoyable and easy to follow. There were a TON of mopars in there though. It was a little flooded with nonsense but if you focused on SHP it was easy enough to follow. Imagine mopar times 25 and that was what the blog was like, but SHP did a great job I thought.

i have thought the elite level sports marketing effort have been a joke outside of twitter which any college kid could do i really hope the nwca hasnt been putting money into this there is so much more that could easily be done to improve it for very little money and it looks like they havent done it

Might want to look under that heading that reads "Top Stories" on the right side ...

Before you complain about something not being on a website, you might want to actually look beyond the sliding feature. If you're saying it should have been in the slider, fine, that's one thing, but considering I personally posted the release and disseminated it to every single Division I SID and over 300 members of the media, your complaint here does not compute.

I'm only going to comment on that, because it's the one thing I was responsible for on behalf of the NWCA.

Thank you for your excellent article Mr. Bryant.

By the way, you seem to have the propensity to see hiccups as opportunities to think a little longer

… a little better.

I thought SHP did a good job with the blog and it was enjoyable and easy to follow. There were a TON of mopars in there though. It was a little flooded with nonsense but if you focused on SHP it was easy enough to follow. Imagine mopar times 25 and that was what the blog was like, but SHP did a great job I thought.

I tried my best...it would have been easier on my end if I could simply concentrate on the match rather than also having to approve posts, but you work with what you have.

You're right that some people were out of hand. You're wrong on one thing though...Mopar isn't nearly as bad as some of the clutter that made it into the blog last night, and that only included the stuff I didn't (or couldn't due to it taking away from me covering the match) block.

It may work for some people some of the time, but that's no reason to dismiss the concerns of others. Last night, my problems began during the heavyweight match-up and never ended! An IT contact of mine even took a look with no avail!

Worse than last night was something I experienced last week. My nephew was competing in The Freak Show. I couldn't attend for business reasons and they only showed a handful of mats. And they didn't show the youth finals!

Other, more reputable, businesses would have reached out to customers after such mistakes and even issue them a credit against their bill. I've never received such an offer from Flo!

Other, more reputable, businesses would have reached out to customers after such mistakes and even issue them a credit against their bill. I've never received such an offer from Flo![/color]

I could easily afford their single product, but I'll never support it for reasons above. Wrestling can and should do better than this.

SHP-Ok then, worse than Mopar! I didn't go extreme enough!! Anyway despite all the nonsense I thought it was well done. You need a helper to answer all the random wrestling question the casual fans have while you call the action. If you need me to handle that part next year I'd be glad to!

Other, more reputable, businesses would have reached out to customers after such mistakes and even issue them a credit against their bill. I've never received such an offer from Flo![/color]

I could easily afford their single product, but I'll never support it for reasons above. Wrestling can and should do better than this.

Ditto.

Why do wrestling fans settle for mediocrity? Is it because we all know that wrestling is an obscure sport to most? I think that's the problem. Why refer to the joy we all had a dozen years ago that we were lucky to even have any kind of computer video coverage?

Any paying customer, for any online web content, should always expect a quality product. Besides, when I do watch the occasional video after the fact from Flo, I need to mute the audio. It's painful sometimes.

The answer to the basic question is simple - you get what you pay for. If any entrepreneur truly believed that there was an opportunity to get a reasonable return on investment by providing the type of coverage many are requesting, he/she would do it.

It seems that the "wrestling community" is hoping for some gazillionaire to come along and bankroll our desire for better coverage out of his/her love for the sport. God forbid that we pay our own way.

The answer to the basic question is simple - you get what you pay for. If any entrepreneur truly believed that there was an opportunity to get a reasonable return on investment by providing the type of coverage many are requesting, he/she would do it.

It seems that the "wrestling community" is hoping for some gazillionaire to come along and bankroll our desire for better coverage out of his/her love for the sport. God forbid that we pay our own way.

You put the onus on the wrestling fans. But USA Wrestling is giving away their best events and they are going away behind an inflexible paywall. USA Wrestling has some obligation as a fringe sport, to promote their brand. The sport will not sell itself. By your own advice, the organization is getting what they pay for, which is not a lot.. to next to nothing.

I pay Netflix less than $150 a year and I never have a problem. Yes, it's a little bit apples/oranges, but the pricing model is not that different. I think USA Wrestling was wanting to get out of the video business and Martin is a GREAT sales guy. Heck, I would hire Martin in a minute to run a sales organization in my line of work.

I think competition is the key. Flo essentially has a monopoly and you know they must have deep pockets. They fly all over the earth now and I assume they don't stay in youth hostels. It's unfortunate that many of us are quite upset. Wrestling and wrestlers deserve a better product.