Sign in to follow this  
jeffr_ideal

Rumor page

More often than not on this forum, where there's smoke, there's fire.

This is true. Just think back to the Burroughs rumors around the World Championships this year. We all thought they were a crock but then they turned out to be partially true.

Out of state costs at OK State are $17K per semester. Like Penn State, not cheap. Maybe OK State offered to cover more than PSU?

I just took a glance at PSU's tuition, room and board and it's about 14k in-state so it ain't too big of a difference apparently.

2014 PSU room and board

Room and board with cheapest options at University Park is going to be about $8K/year.

2014 PSU tuition only

$16,992 in-state

$29,566 out-of-state

PSU is at least $25K/year total for in state.

We have multiple people saying that this is like the Haines situation and that Penn State essentially pulled the plug. I find it all very hard to believe but the sources are pretty solid. Unreal.

I have no inside Oklahoma State Information on this but obviously I want it to be true. However, the people posting that Penn State pulled the plug are just plain wrong. Why would they pull the plug on the top recruit in the country? That is just sour grapes. We had a very good recruiting class without Chance although not Penn State good. It still will not be as good as Penn State even if we get him but it will help to stop the bandwagon effect of the Penn State recruits. Sad for Penn State but good for us and I will not be spilling any tears either way.

We have multiple people saying that this is like the Haines situation and that Penn State essentially pulled the plug. I find it all very hard to believe but the sources are pretty solid. Unreal.

I have no inside Oklahoma State Information on this but obviously I want it to be true. However, the people posting that Penn State pulled the plug are just plain wrong. Why would they pull the plug on the top recruit in the country? That is just sour grapes. We had a very good recruiting class without Chance although not Penn State good. It still will not be as good as Penn State even if we get him but it will help to stop the bandwagon effect of the Penn State recruits. Sad for Penn State but good for us and I will not be spilling any tears either way.

Well Oberebo-the same poster who broke this news(who was lambasted for posting that he was de-committing) also posted that it was PSU who pulled the plug. So take that for what it is. So do not think it is sour grapes.

I have a feeling a fellow recruit may have gotten a better offer or that he simply committed to PSU too early. Personally I think Okie State is the best place for him.

Where is OK State going to get the $$? They already have commits from Ryan Blees and Chandler Rogers (the day after Chance committed to PSU).

First off, John Doe has had some other posts that were true and then Tim Owen said he has talked to many people who could not deny or confirm the rumor. And a well respected poster dunk, just posted that Chance is out. Kids change their minds, they are young.. I will still be shocked, but listen to his interview as super 32 when he is asked about Penn State--he did not sound very excited. Well only have to wait till next week for early signing to find out.

http://bwi.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?fid=2 ... 90&style=2

I can't say anything is official (nothing is "official" until the letter of intent is signed, notarized, sealed, and delivered), but Tim Owen is about as reliable a source as you are going to get

"Exploring options" .... That's like late in the 3rd period, and your opponent is making a comeback!! Cael needs to Rally !! 'Cause if Chance ends up at Ok State ... That's gonna be one HELLA tough group of kids. :o

I have a feeling a fellow recruit may have gotten a better offer or that he simply committed to PSU too early. Personally I think Okie State is the best place for him.

Where is OK State going to get the $$? They already have commits from Ryan Blees and Chandler Rogers (the day after Chance committed to PSU).

PSU can "de-comitt" on little Rogers ... (or can they?)

We have multiple people saying that this is like the Haines situation in that Penn State essentially pulled the plug although reasons very well may be different. I find it all very hard to believe but the sources are pretty solid. Unreal.

Someone else with inside info said that the Penn State staff was in a state of shock about this, so the jury is still out for me. It could be either way right now.

It could be anything. Any two people with a disagreement on anything are bound to see things differently.

Tod Kindig was in Chance's corner at Super32. Having an OK state father in his corner and perhaps in his ear has something to do with it.

Kindig has been in Chance's corner numerous times at tourney's for years. Chance has been a guest wrestler for Kindig at his clinics also a few times. I am sure he would love Chance to wear the Okie singlet along with his son.

We have multiple people saying that this is like the Haines situation in that Penn State essentially pulled the plug although reasons very well may be different. I find it all very hard to believe but the sources are pretty solid. Unreal.

Someone else with inside info said that the Penn State staff was in a state of shock about this, so the jury is still out for me. It could be either way right now.

It could be anything. Any two people with a disagreement on anything are bound to see things differently.

This is where I'd like to suggest to you that Marstellar is overrated. He's short for his weight. Unlike DT, for example, he matured physically earlier than other kids, an advantage he enjoyed in HS that he won't have in college. And he has a history of pretty serious elbow injuries.

Let him become someone else's mistake.

Brutus-I'll go on record right now saying you're wrong. I know you are going farther out on a limb saying he will be someone's mistake than I am saying he will live up to the hype, but I'm saying he's going to live up to the hype. I think he's a can't miss. I don't think it is possible to over hype him. There is no way by definition he can be overrated. We disagree here and the cool thing is we get to see who is right.

I believe Marstellar will be a 4 time high-placing AA, whether he wrestles as a true-frosh or takes a redshirt.

Any claiming a lot of his results are based upon physicallity over lesser opponents have never seen him wrestle at high-level tournaments where he still dominates his peers (1 close match with Weircioch doesn't take away from that, either - he's 125-0 with 3 State championships in 3 years wrestling in the PIAA).