Sign in to follow this  
jeffr_ideal

Rumor page

Exactly, Chance won a PA state title as a freshman. Hard to believe his physical maturity had anything to do with that success. Didn't he also just beat an Olympian (albeit from a lesser wrestling country)? Was he more physically mature than that dude as well?

I have a feeling a fellow recruit may have gotten a better offer or that he simply committed to PSU too early. Personally I think Okie State is the best place for him.

Where is OK State going to get the $$? They already have commits from Ryan Blees and Chandler Rogers (the day after Chance committed to PSU).

I assume Blees would look at other options, Rogers I think is a lock for OSU (lives in Stillwater, brother goes there, parents have jobs there, etc) . Maybe they could keep all three as they are losing Perry, Caldwell, Rosholt, Kindig, and Morrison this year.

They would have a very tough group there

Exactly, Chance won a PA state title as a freshman. Hard to believe his physical maturity had anything to do with that success. Didn't he also just beat an Olympian (albeit from a lesser wrestling country)? Was he more physically mature than that dude as well?

It is not just that. He wrestles a style that doesn't really rely on brute strength or physical maturity. He is easily one of the most technically proficient and varied wrestlers I've ever seen in HS. He is not like, say, Grajales or a bit longer ago Cozart, who were clearly beneficiaries of physical development in HS. Masteller's technique is what impresses and gets the job done, not his physical traits.

I assume Blees would look at other options, Rogers I think is a lock for OSU (lives in Stillwater, brother goes there, parents have jobs there, etc) . Maybe they could keep all three as they are losing Perry, Caldwell, Rosholt, Kindig, and Morrison this year.

They would have a very tough group there

Kindig has another year after this one.

We have multiple people saying that this is like the Haines situation in that Penn State essentially pulled the plug although reasons very well may be different. I find it all very hard to believe but the sources are pretty solid. Unreal.

Someone else with inside info said that the Penn State staff was in a state of shock about this, so the jury is still out for me. It could be either way right now.

It could be anything. Any two people with a disagreement on anything are bound to see things differently.

This is where I'd like to suggest to you that Marstellar is overrated. He's short for his weight. Unlike DT, for example, he matured physically earlier than other kids, an advantage he enjoyed in HS that he won't have in college. And he has a history of pretty serious elbow injuries.

Let him become someone else's mistake.

I hope this was tongue in cheek? WOW.

Does anyone know how he does in the classroom?

And to the comment he had a maturity advantage etc .. One would think by his Sr. year the other kids have caught up to him in that respect. At this point in his life, the other Sr's in PA are going to be catching up to his maturity level themselves. IMO, It's a wash at this point.

Geez ...Smith is really loading up, and his pipeline is pretty full with all the OK State Offspring from various former wrestlers at OK State.

Someone else with inside info said that the Penn State staff was in a state of shock about this, so the jury is still out for me. It could be either way right now.

It could be anything. Any two people with a disagreement on anything are bound to see things differently.

This is where I'd like to suggest to you that Marstellar is overrated. He's short for his weight. Unlike DT, for example, he matured physically earlier than other kids, an advantage he enjoyed in HS that he won't have in college. And he has a history of pretty serious elbow injuries.

Let him become someone else's mistake.

We are going to disagree on this. I hate to see Chance not in blue and white, but I trust Cael 100%. Chance is still an incredible wrestler. I don't know what caused this move, but I doubt is has anything to do with his skill set.