Sign in to follow this  
rodneydeeeee

Chance Marsteller

No clue if this is true but one thing seems for sure. This commit then de-commit thing seems to be a growing trend in many college sports. Maybe the worlds need for quick Information and coaches need to stay relevant is pushing kids to make quicker decisions than should be happening but the trend is a little annoying.

It is what it is ... a zit faced kid see sawing and yearning for a spot light. If he can't commit to a program like PSU and a coach like Cael, then f-him.

A coach like Cael. You mean the same Cael who said one thing to Haines and his parents and then did another? If rumor is right, and that's all we have to go by, then apparently Cael did it again.

If true, and admittedly that's a big if, then f- who, is the question, Cael or the zit faced kid?

I have nothing against Cael personally, but I am squarely in the camp that thinks that Haines-ing HS kids is bush league.

I have nothing against Cael personally, but I am squarely in the camp that thinks that Haines-ing HS kids is bush league.

Not sure there can be "Haines-ing" when your talking the consenses best high school recruit in the nation. Who would PSU be bringing in over Chance? Who would one of the most proven HS kids in quite sometime, that seeks out top kids, possibly be worried of competiting against as far as underclassman. Maybe I'm or your confused on how "Haines-ing" is being implied.

Chance is obviously a great wrestler but I see his career looking very similar to the Altons regardless if he is at PSU or anywhere else. I'm a PSU fan but think Bo Jordan has the edge at this point and will continue to in college as well!

the pennlive website, which covers PA District 3 has the following story:

http://www.pennlive.com/sports/index.ssf/2013/11/wrestling_phenom_chance_marste.html

What a difference 10 days makes : )

Chance Super32 Interview with FLO on Oct 26, 2013: (1:30 mark of video)

http://www.flowrestling.org/coverage/25 ... ally-tough

Flo: "You committed to Penn State, Why Penn State?"

CM: "Good fit, close to home. I mean, why not Penn State, right?"

the pennlive website, which covers PA District 3 has the following story:

http://www.pennlive.com/sports/index.ssf/2013/11/wrestling_phenom_chance_marste.html

What a difference 10 days makes : )

Chance Super32 Interview with FLO on Oct 26, 2013: (1:30 mark of video)

http://www.flowrestling.org/coverage/25 ... ally-tough

Flo: "You committed to Penn State, Why Penn State?"

CM: "Good fit, close to home. I mean, why not Penn State, right?"

why not penn state was likely due to his narrow view but after getting recruited by other programs and meeting more elit athletes he may now know why not penn state

there isn't one best program there is a best program for each individual

I think some people have the wrong idea of what happened with Haines.

Haines committed to Penn State. Shortly thereafter Nevills commits to Penn State. What is Cael supposed to say to the #1 Hwt. in the country, "No, I don't want you"??? Of course he isn't going to say that. Cael accepts Nevills commitment and then calls Haines and explains to him what transpired and how this would impact the situation money wise and competition wise, and Haines then decides Penn State isn't the place for him.

In that situation both Haines and Penn State made the right decisions based on all of the information they had and at the time they had it. Nobody screwed anybody.

Chance wrestled at S32 with Kindig's dad in the corner. He is also somewhat friendly with Haines. I have no inside information at all, but I can easily see where a kid could get his mind a wandering in a situation like this one. Everyone wants him. He needs to and will make a tough decision about the next four to five years of his life. Best of luck to him.

I think some people have the wrong idea of what happened with Haines.

Haines committed to Penn State. Shortly thereafter Nevills commits to Penn State. What is Cael supposed to say to the #1 Hwt. in the country, "No, I don't want you"??? Of course he isn't going to say that. Cael accepts Nevills commitment and then calls Haines and explains to him what transpired and how this would impact the situation money wise and competition wise, and Haines then decides Penn State isn't the place for him.

In that situation both Haines and Penn State made the right decisions based on all of the information they had and at the time they had it. Nobody screwed anybody.

Chance wrestled at S32 with Kindig's dad in the corner. He is also somewhat friendly with Haines. I have no inside information at all, but I can easily see where a kid could get his mind a wandering in a situation like this one. Everyone wants him. He needs to and will make a tough decision about the next four to five years of his life. Best of luck to him.

penn state makes a verbal scholarship offer and haines makes a verbal commitment to accept the offer then penn state revokes their offer

people like to jump on kids for changing their mind with a verbal why shouldn't a school with adults be held to the same standard

penn state makes a verbal scholarship offer and haines makes a verbal commitment to accept the offer then penn state revokes their offer

people like to jump on kids for changing their mind with a verbal why shouldn't a school with adults be held to the same standard

Because it isn't that simple with wrestling and the partial scholarships that revolve around the sport. It isn't like football or basketball where it is an all or nothing proposition. Had Haines chosen Penn State he'd have gotten some money during his college career, just not perhaps as much as he expected up front.

Maybe Chance needs the attention he gets from being the big fish for his high school team "The Rams" and gets here on "the boards" by waffling on his decision, and being the best guy on the college team of his choosing rather than the spoke in a wheel that he would likely be on the Penn State "team".

Regardless of where he chooses to go it will be fun watching Chance and Bo go toe to toe as foes.

Maybe Chance needs the attention he gets from being the big fish for his high school team "The Rams" and gets here on "the boards" by waffling on his decision, and being the best guy on the college team of his choosing rather than the spoke in a wheel that he would likely be on the Penn State "team".

Regardless of where he chooses to go it will be fun watching Chance and Bo go toe to toe as foes.

Why do people take pot-shots at young boys, who have a tough time deciding where to go in situations like this?? I have a 19yo, (who isn't even a star athlete) and it took him multiple visits just to figure out where he wanted to go to get a college education. Jeez ... give these kids a break.

Can you even imaging (at 19 yo's old) sitting in a room with Coach Smith or Cael ?? And having a discussion ... About school, grades, scholly's, Money, etc ... From what i have read, it appears Chance has some stable, solid parents and adults in his "camp" to help out the process. Which will be a good thing.

Chance was not happy about Bo Nickal signing, he felt slighted. Also something about what weight they wanted him to wrestle at PSU. He had a meeting with Coach Smith at Super 32, and now we wait to see what school he chooses.

As a PSU fan I hope he picks PSU, but in the long run I just hope he picks what makes him the happiest. Because honestly it is his life and he needs to choose what is best for him. He is the one who dedicated himself to this sport like no other. Wherever he goes I believe he will become an amazing college wrestler, both colleges have great programs.

Chance is obviously a great wrestler but I see his career looking very similar to the Altons regardless if he is at PSU or anywhere else.

This is where I'd like to suggest to you that Marstellar is overrated. He's short for his weight. Unlike DT, for example, he matured physically earlier than other kids, an advantage he enjoyed in HS that he won't have in college. And he has a history of pretty serious elbow injuries.

Let him become someone else's mistake.

Yeesh, some of the PSU faithful on here are really tactless. I like Cael and penn state, but some of his fans really leave a bad taste in my mouth. Penn state is not the end all be all place for college wrestling. Chance would do just as we'll at osu, Iowa and others I'm sure.

IMO Chance leaving PSU and heading to OK St. would shift the title landscape in the near future. While I have no inside information I would find it hard to believe signing Nickal is the reason he decided to reassess his options. Especially when OK St. already has both Rogers and Crutchmer on their roster fighting for 174/184 in the near future. Add to the fact Dieringer may be moving up to 165. Chance has won just about everything he has entered and competition does not seem to bother him. As hard as it is for Penn State fans to believe maybe, just maybe, Chance decided OK St. offers him the best chance to become the best wrestler possible.