Sign in to follow this  
rodneydeeeee

Chance Marsteller

I have seen kids commit well before the school has made any promises to them. So please don't overstate what a verbal is. If you have some knowledge that the coaches have promised something (and usually it is the case, btw) then say so but sometimes the very early verbals are just kids jumping the gun.

Wow - that's crazy. Can you share any known/public examples of this? I know these are just 18 year old kids, but to publicly commit without an athletic scholarship offer in hand sounds a really embarrassing and even a risky move that would get an offer in the works rescinded from a program! It takes some real guts to do something like that.

I'm not going to personalize it. And it's not to say in one of these cases I know of that there wasn't a tentative scholarship offer out there but the school hadn't accepted him yet (which is likely often the case with the early acceptances but in this particular case the school was telling him to wait).

Metals? I have enjoyed the last three years tremendously. I'm not the one tearing down a STUD because he simply had a different thought as kids are apt to do from time to time. It's not hard to talk smack when you feed me the material at this rate.

Baloney! It's long before this. And it's always the PENN STATE FAN BASE, as opposed to singling out the 1, 2, or 3 responsible. The larger the fan base, of course the knuckleheads will multiple.

If there was ever any doubt as to just how low the PA/PSU fan base is, read this thread. This kid went from the best HS wrestler ever, to a short, fat bum who has bullied HS kids due to being more mature, due to wavering on his decision to go to PSU. Wow.

Please quote these Penn State fans you speak of because the people making the nasty comments I don't recognize. Of course your not interested in that, you've been a hater for years along with Gonzo, Nelson and few others that constantly talk about how bad the Penn State fans are. Simple fact of the matter is you guys are the ones that pollute this forum with nonsense at every turn while the vast majority of PSU fans just like to talk wrestling.

If there was ever any doubt as to just how low the PA/PSU fan base is, read this thread. This kid went from the best HS wrestler ever, to a short, fat bum who has bullied HS kids due to being more mature, due to wavering on his decision to go to PSU. Wow.

Please quote these Penn State fans you speak of because the people making the nasty comments I don't recognize. Of course your not interested in that, you've been a hater for years along with Gonzo, Nelson and few others that constantly talk about how bad the Penn State fans are. Simple fact of the matter is you guys are the ones that pollute this forum with nonsense at every turn while the vast majority of PSU fans just like to talk wrestling.

there are several blatantly horrible posts on this thread. if you didn't notice them on your own then that might tell you something.

Metals? I have enjoyed the last three years tremendously. I'm not the one tearing down a STUD because he simply had a different thought as kids are apt to do from time to time. It's not hard to talk smack when you feed me the material at this rate.

Baloney! It's long before this. And it's always the PENN STATE FAN BASE, as opposed to singling out the 1, 2, or 3 responsible. The larger the fan base, of course the knuckleheads will multiple.

yeah, obviously. some of best friends are yankee fans, etc etc. yet to make this point you call out more actions of the iowa kids, not their fans.

come on folks, priorities, please.

there are several blatantly horrible posts on this thread. if you didn't notice them on your own then that might tell you something.

Yes, and they are not Penn State fans. See that was my point and if you didn't notice that then that might tell YOU something.

Yes, and they are not Penn State fans. See that was my point and if you didn't notice that then that might tell YOU something.

fair enough. i just assumed they were, but if the horrible posts on here are not from PSU fans than i apologizing for mix up.

Rodney-I single them out all the time!! It's way more than 3 by the way. I thought I remembered liking you though. If you're not one of them then I'm not talking to you. As far as being a p**s poor fan anyway. I'd be happy to converse with you about wrestling and recruits any time you wish though buddy. I'll continue to wait a few more days before commenting on the Marstellar jilting, just to make sure it's a reality. Then I'll unleash hell. Lol!!!

I like that two-six guy too. Isn't he a PSU fan? See I don't hate the entire fan base. I certainly don't hate the athletes. I get a lot of entertainment out of watching the PSU wrestlers.

Rodney-I single them out all the time!! It's way more than 3 by the way. I thought I remembered liking you though. If you're not one of them then I'm not talking to you. As far as being a p**s poor fan anyway. I'd be happy to converse with you about wrestling and recruits any time you wish though buddy. I'll continue to wait a few more days before commenting on the Marstellar jilting, just to make sure it's a reality. Then I'll unleash hell. Lol!!!

I am one that thinks Marsteller definitely matured early, and hasn't seemed to get a whole lot better since his freshman year. He was arguably beating kids worse than, then he is now. With that being said, I am with you, that I do NOT think he is overrated. I honestly see him being a 4x HIGH AA, and 3x NCAA champ. The one huge variable though, is Bo Jordan. Bo could be his Kyle Dake! :-)

I am still happy about our incoming class, but CM was the one we were counting on to fill at least one of the voids with DT or Ruth in regards to the constant bonus points. Ouch...

Uh, I'm guessing you haven't read most of this thread? Even the ultimate fanboy, Rodney, is starting to say that Chance isn't really any better now than he was as a freshman, lol. If this thread was started yesterday, prior to any change of heart by this teenage boy, Rodney would be saying he's better than Kolat, and likely to be the first American to knock Burroughs out of the Olympic team lineup, lol.

Now, since you claim I consistently knock PSU fans, can you show me two posts of mine making such statements? You can't, because I've stayed out of that mess. The fact is, when Chance was committed to PSU, he was the best recruit since Kolat, and you guys were offended that some felt Snyder was better (and God forbid anyone say Bo Jordan should have been rated ahead of him). Now that he's an OSU recruit? He's a short, fat bum who was better as a freshman than he is now. Lol, so predictable.

Remember what it was like to be a teenager. The teenage brain is different, medically speaking, than the adult brain. It's literally all over the place. That is why as a teenager it feels like its the end of the world when someone "breaks up" with you, or laughs at, or you have a bad day, etc...

Now, take that teenage brain and put it into an adult situation that really is important and will surely affect your life for the next four to six years. I do not envy star high school athletes that have to make this decision. (Though I do envy Chances skills. He is one really talented wrestler!) So give the kid a break, remember what it was like to be a teenager, and put yourself in his shoes. Some of the posts I have read are just ridiculous and childish, all because Chance would dare even consider going anywhere other than PSU. Pick where is right for you, Chance. You do not owe anyone anything. You do not owe loyalty to Penn State, just because you live in Pennsylvania.

I agree with those that think it may be about the Olympics. If he chooses to redshirt for the Olympics, OSU has to be the best college environment to prep for that. The OTC has to be a pretty stale environment, but at OSU he gets the college life and world class coaching. Oh well, I hope it all works out in the end for all involved.

I'm a little shocked by how the "PSU fans" are reacting..very sour grapes.

There HAS to be more to this story. If Chance is close with Haines maybe that played a part? There has to be an unwritten rule amongst coaches that you don't try to out recruit a wrestler once a commitment has been given. How much of a FU move by Smith is this? Surely not the first time but maybe the first time the #1 recruit has done this between arguably the #1 and #2 programs. Mocco, but his switch was mid college career. As far as Chance's ability, I see him great out of the gate with a somewhat limited ceiling but only time will tell. I'd love to know the whole story. It does open up the possibility for a great ginger rivalry between Chance and Bo throughout their college careers and evens the recruiting plane up a little bit.