Sign in to follow this  
John Jensen

Aaron Pico

I believe Pico plans to sit out of high school wrestling until the post season. Some outlet (flo?) reported that with a quote that Pico "still wants to win state," but that he seriously wants to focus on freestyle.

The story holds water because of Pico's involvement in the dual meet and the fact that he hasn't gone/wont go to things like Freakshow or Ironman.

I believe Pico plans to sit out of high school wrestling until the post season. Some outlet (flo?) reported that with a quote that Pico "still wants to win state," but that he seriously wants to focus on freestyle.

The story holds water because of Pico's involvement in the dual meet and the fact that he hasn't gone/wont go to things like Freakshow or Ironman.

Thanks for the information

Do you think the Russian is better than the Puerto Rican olympian that Marstellar faced? :?:

If he is, Aaron Pico is pulling another Dave Schultz, wrestling on the senior level while still in H.S.

There was a story that Dave Schultz wrestled in the Tblisi Tournament where he did very well, only to return and have to petition into his H.S. state tournament because the post season tourneys had already been completed. Anybody have first hand knowledge of this?

Thanks,

Do you think the Russian is better than the Puerto Rican olympian that Marstellar faced? :?:

If he is, Aaron Pico is pulling another Dave Schultz, wrestling on the senior level while still in H.S.

There was a story that Dave Schultz wrestled in the Tblisi Tournament where he did very well, only to return and have to petition into his H.S. state tournament because the post season tourneys had already been completed. Anybody have first hand knowledge of this?

Thanks,

Dave wrestled in the Tblisi and took second his last year of high school. He missed the qualifying tournaments and petitioned to be placed in the tournament. They allowed him to compete two weight classes above his normal weight and he pinned everyone except the guy in the finals who he beat 12-1.

i wrote the article on FLO about Pico missing a portion of the season but still planning on wrestling for a state title. that came directly from his father.

the guy that Pico is wrestling in the RUS dual was in the finals of NYAC. took second to Molinaro.

The win by Marstellar was a nice win, but this win by Pico (if it does happen) will be much more significant in my personal opinion. Pico is super special. There are few kids coming out of high school that I considered absolute cant miss prospects. Logan Steiber, David Taylor, Mocco, JD Bergman, Chris Phillips (Who I obviously missed on), Steve Luke, Jordan Oliver, Bo Jordan, Tony Jameson ( I missed ), Dustin Schlatter, CP Schlatter (sort of missed on), just to name a few. I will add Pico to this list, and outside of Steiber, D. Schlatter, and Bo Jordan, he might be the highest Ive ever been on a kid.

I'm a huge Pico fan, but I will be surprised if he doesn't get tech'd or pinned. If he does anything besides that, or even scores some points on the Russian, it will be a huge victory for the high school sophomore.

I have no expectation whatsoever for him to win this match, but am very interested in seeing if it can be even remotely competetive. His opponent had a very good tournament against high level competition at NYAC, and it will be a real measuring stick for the high school soph. I just look forward to seeing his continued development.

I have no expectation whatsoever for him to win this match, but am very interested in seeing if it can be even remotely competetive. His opponent had a very good tournament against high level competition at NYAC, and it will be a real measuring stick for the high school soph. I just look forward to seeing his continued development.

Tech by Pico... nice