Sign in to follow this  
BRGuy

jrob calls out cael on dual proposal

Wonder if cael's participation in the all-star classic is his way of showing that he is now willing to be involved with the nwca.

In an article by brinzer in AWN.

[blockquote]“Why the rush?” Penn State coach Cael Sanderson asked on his blog, echoing sentiments expressed by many online. “Why does everything I read imply, “We have to do this now or we will never get the chance again?”[/blockquote]

[blockquote]“A lot of what’s going on is emotion, is people are driving it with emotion, like Cael,”Minnesota’s J Robinson shot back, in an AWN interview. “You’re giving no alternatives. “Well, you can’t rush into this.’ We haven’t rushed into this Cael, if you’d have been part of these committees for a long time. This hasn’t been a rushed deal at all. It’s just that you haven’t been a part of it, and you don’t like it, so you don’t want to deal with it.”[/blockquote]

[blockquote][/blockquote]http://awn.theopenmat.com/2012/09/ncaa-national-duals-proposal-laid-out-in-awn/ [blockquote][/blockquote]

The "rush" was that coaches not on the committee didn't see the proposal then when it is given, they must take an almost immediate vote. JRob is calling out Cael, but he's not the only coach that felt the rush, he's just the biggest name. So, JRob is proposing that EVERY SINGLE DI coach be on the committee so they don't feel the rush? Absurd.

Ask to see the email Moyer sent to the coaches (and all those other emails of his conversations that got included in that email). If/when you get to see those, people may be singing a different picture.

Right because 2nd in the nation last year is complete trash. And the year Minnesota had 10 AAs J Rob didnt have his guys peaking that year either. I mean, I am not a Rodent fan at all, but its obvious that J Rob knows what hes doing.

I was being a little harsh...I will admit, but so is he on Cael. That was the whole point of my post. The NCAA even thought it was done in an absurd manner. So if he can make absurd comments then I should surely be able to say he won the NCAAs a while ago and last year ....he beats psu in a dual at the beg of season and gets spanked by psu at the end of the year. Except mine are facts. His are not the whole truth!

I was being a little harsh...I will admit, but so is he on Cael. That was the whole point of my post. The NCAA even thought it was done in an absurd manner. So if he can make absurd comments then I should surely be able to say he won the NCAAs a while ago and last year ....he beats psu in a dual at the beg of season and gets spanked by psu at the end of the year. Except mine are facts. His are not the whole truth!

where did the ncaa say it was done in an absurd manner?

his words were the whole truth. the nwca has been working on this for at least five years with the ncaa. maybe you should read the article brinzer wrote which makes it pretty clear.

Why read it, someone said something bad about Cael so we need to make ignorant statements.

How many NWCA meetings has Cael attended? How many Committees has he volunteered to be on etc...?

I personally think Cael makes some very good points. I also think J makes some valid points in that coaches need to be involved.

This wrestle09 guy is clearly a new fan to the sport or understands very little about in general. It's comments like this that just make me wonder....

The PSU coaching staff ( and about half of the other schools) are against any proposal that eliminates the NCAA team title being decided at the NCAA championships. So if that is JROB's agenda then half the coaches dont even wanna entertain any proposal that begins with that. What is there to discuss? Really? Cant they think of another starting point? Oh...I got one lets support what we already have in place.. So PSU gets out of most school's comfort zones and supports the All Star Classic by sending 4 of their guys. That alone will increase fan attendance THEN Cornell sends Dake. And CAEL and ROB agree to one of the most highly anticipated matches in a looooooong time. Taylor vs Dake!!! Now that's how you do it boys. Any more questions ... Amazing what happens when people use their brains to grow the sport and not their egos. This is step 1 BTW...more to come!

The PSU coaching staff ( and about half of the other schools) are against any proposal that eliminates the NCAA team title being decided at the NCAA championships. So if that is JROB's agenda then half the coaches dont even wanna entertain any proposal that begins with that. What is there to discuss? Really? Cant they think of another starting point? Oh...I got one lets support what we already have in place.. So PSU gets out of most school's comfort zones and supports the All Star Classic by sending 4 of their guys. That alone will increase fan attendance THEN Cornell sends Dake. And CAEL and ROB agree to one of the most highly anticipated matches in a looooooong time. Taylor vs Dake!!! Now that's how you do it boys. Any more questions ... Amazing what happens when people use their brains to grow the sport and not their egos. This is step 1 BTW...more to come!

Penn State doesn't support what we already have. They do not attend national duals. They ignore it because it is not official. Maybe if they showed up and gave legitimacy to the event then there would not be as big a push to make it official. But right now they sit it out because they feel like it and the result is a pretend 'National' Duals without the best team. If PSU participated we might not have the current push for a change.

Is this guy for real? No wonder I do not venture over here very often.

Wrestle09 how many of the coaches have you personally spoke with? Everything you just wrote shows how ignorant and and close minded you are. Another "Die" hard PSU fan that thinks the world revolves around PSU. They will save us all.

Come on get real. How many did Cael send last year? The year before that? Koll has always sent guys so that is no shock there. Serious speak about things you know and can support and you will not look so silly,

Viritas not arguing any of your other points but Koll has always sent guys. You might want to check on that im pretty sure your way off on that. How many has he sent in the past 10 Years?

I recall frequently when invited. Until the very recent years when it just conflicted with team schedule, caused the staff and one wrestler to travel and be away from the team, and impact the wrestler when he lost in ways indirect from the official record. He left it optional to the wrestler and none have indicated until Dake they wanted to do it.

Does he have to speak with every coach???

P.S. The PSU "Train" will fill the stands not sure Minnesota does!!!

When he is speaking for them, and or when he makes claims like he did. Yea he should.

I am glad you have had a good team for two whole years. That is awesome.

I am actually very impressed with what Cael has done and applaud him for it. Some of us can respect and appreciate all sorts of teams. But as we have seen in your post and wrestle(iam9) post some people can't.

Yea its out east you wil probably have more fans, do you want us to make a trophy for you? Grow up.

Veritas..I did not speak directly to all of the coaches....I guess you did. I spoke with a few that I have had relationships with for many years. They said essentially the same thing the NCAA said. Did u actually read the NCAAs comments. They were very concerned with the fact that approx half of the coaches voted it down. They needed to see way more support. The coaches I spoke with and most of their peers agreed it was done to say the least in an unprofessional manner. No real forum at all! So if you wanna call me silly I really don't care but I think you read one sentence and find out I'm a psu fan and you completely go crazy!!! Take time to read my comments and tell me what comments I made are incorrect. I'm human and can make mistakes BUT i would like you to be specific. If not then you should go back to not visiting this board

I'm not sure what is your point...Comparing Cael to Jrob and not having available talent...Population with respect to wrestling...Clubs and results...You need to nail this down so we can discuss!!!

Does he have to speak with every coach???

P.S. The PSU "Train" will fill the stands not sure Minnesota does!!!

When he is speaking for them, and or when he makes claims like he did. Yea he should.

I am glad you have had a good team for two whole years. That is awesome.

I am actually very impressed with what Cael has done and applaud him for it. Some of us can respect and appreciate all sorts of teams. But as we have seen in your post and wrestle(iam9) post some people can't.

Yea its out east you wil probably have more fans, do you want us to make a trophy for you? Grow up.

Viritas not arguing any of your other points but Koll has always sent guys. You might want to check on that im pretty sure your way off on that. How many has he sent in the past 10 Years?

I recall frequently when invited. Until the very recent years when it just conflicted with team schedule, caused the staff and one wrestler to travel and be away from the team, and impact the wrestler when he lost in ways indirect from the official record. He left it optional to the wrestler and none have indicated until Dake they wanted to do it.

Cornell's last All-Star Classic participant was 2008, when Jordan Leen went (and beat Cael's brother by fall). Cornell's other Classic participants, ever, were 2003 (Clint Wattenberg), 2004 (Travis Lee), and 2006 (Jerry Rinaldi...sort of).

Of course, 2008 was also the last All-Star Classic held east of the Rocky Mountains.

Cornell had Mack Lewnes wrestle in 2008 as well.....Dustin Minotti and a few others but it has not been many. I think Cael Sanderson wrestled in the event all 4 years

There was once a time they didn't have the quality for frequent invitations.