Sign in to follow this  
BRGuy

jrob calls out cael on dual proposal

Cornell had Mack Lewnes wrestle in 2008 as well.....Dustin Minotti and a few others but it has not been many. I think Cael Sanderson wrestled in the event all 4 years

Right you are...apparently I don't know how to use the NWCA All-Star Classic historical database all that well yet, in that I need to search both columns. Leen and Lewnes are, however, the most recent participants in the event.

Veritas, just one more thing you are not correct about. The more i read your posts the more I think you're a basketball player with nothing to do with your time. Cmon Man!!

He was a d1 wrestler. I love his story about Brands cutting weight in the hot box.... when they blocked the door so that he couldn't get it open when he wanted to get out.

Viratas-Since you don't get on much anymore you won't know this Mopar Bozo but do NOT engage him. This wrestle09 guy is even newer and is just as bad. They have no idea who you are. Penn St. got good and all these annoying "know it alls" popped up. I'm sorry you don't get on much anymore, it's nice to hear from people who actually know what they're talking about.

Wasn't there a year that Cornell had a wrestler go out but they were unable to make weight because they had wrestled the day before in the Body Bar or something?

I don't think I am confusing it with the story of a Edinboro wrestler hurrying to fly back from the All-Star just in time to make the Kent State dual, but I very well could be...

BTW, the other historical Cornell participants are as-follows:

1967: Don New, lost to Jim Rogers (Oklahoma State)

1993: Mark Fergeson, lost to TJ Jaworsky (North Carolina)

1994: David Hirsch, lost to Tony Purler (Oklahoma State)

2003: Dustin Manotti, lost to Jake Percival (Ohio)

2004: Dustin Manotti, lost to Zack Esposito (Oklahoma State)

2004: Dustin Manotti, lost to (here's one for irony) Jeremy Spates (Missouri)

It amazes me the people that think the NCAA needs to have all the coaches agree on something, didn't anyone see the NCAA was allowing the BCS go to a playoff and the conferences were scrambling to try to lobby that they deserved and auto bid.

The real concern the NCAA had, and it should be noted that they didn't reject it but just want to make sure it is a solid plan before approving it, was that some athletic administrators had concern about added the added expenses that might be needed to ensure that a team is eligible and can get to the event.

It is a simple vetting process. This is how proposals work...

Veritas, just one more thing you are not correct about. The more i read your posts the more I think you're a basketball player with nothing to do with your time. Cmon Man!!

This comment alone proves my point. Yes I am a BB player...

Gonzo, I will be around more in season but with me buying AWN and pulling TOM into that I have been swamped.

A BB player with 12K plus posts on a wrestling forum... I must have really sucked at BBall...

Gonzo and scribe you can always come chat with us at TOM ...

I love how wrestle09 claims that Jrob cant get his wrestlers to peak at the end of the season because they beat PSU in a DUAL early in the season and lost in an INDIVIDUAL tournament to PSU at the end of the year. I think every knowledgable wrestling fan can determine the difference between the two (hence the push to go to a dual meet championship format). Also I would think most wrestling fans can acknowledge that PSU is a really good dual team, but I think they would also admit that they are a much better individual tournament. One reason that I feel Cael hasn't openly admitted for being against the dual format is that it would hurt his teams chances of winning a national title. Yes they would still be one of the favorites, but not nearly as much as an idividual tournament. Also I would say that MN did very well peaking at the end of the season this year with almost all of their wrestlers outperforming their seeds.

Or maybe you guys will run off every good poster we ever had on here. No matter what any of these posters actually did in their wrestling careers or still do now, you know more. Penn St. is the best program of all time, Cael can do no wrong, and if any of your guys lose there's a convenient excuse. You guys are so new to this winning thing you don't know how to handle yourselves and you have no idea who these guys are you're arguing with and no idea how stupid you look doing it.

Does he have to speak with every coach???

P.S. The PSU "Train" will fill the stands not sure Minnesota does!!!

When he is speaking for them, and or when he makes claims like he did. Yea he should.

I am glad you have had a good team for two whole years. That is awesome.

I am actually very impressed with what Cael has done and applaud him for it. Some of us can respect and appreciate all sorts of teams. But as we have seen in your post and wrestle(iam9) post some people can't.

Yea its out east you wil probably have more fans, do you want us to make a trophy for you? Grow up.

----

Viratas, if you think explaining to 09 is difficult, I wouldn't even think about entering discussions with mopar.

Does he have to speak with every coach???

P.S. The PSU "Train" will fill the stands not sure Minnesota does!!!

When he is speaking for them, and or when he makes claims like he did. Yea he should.

I am glad you have had a good team for two whole years. That is awesome.

I am actually very impressed with what Cael has done and applaud him for it. Some of us can respect and appreciate all sorts of teams. But as we have seen in your post and wrestle(iam9) post some people can't.

Yea its out east you wil probably have more fans, do you want us to make a trophy for you? Grow up.

----

Viratas, if you think explaining to 09 is difficult, I wouldn't even think about entering discussions with mopar.

I will take your advice.

Wrong again Doctor...You can't speak the truth because you don't what it is!!!

Or maybe you guys will run off every good poster we ever had on here. No matter what any of these posters actually did in their wrestling careers or still do now, you know more. Penn St. is the best program of all time, Cael can do no wrong, and if any of your guys lose there's a convenient excuse. You guys are so new to this winning thing you don't know how to handle yourselves and you have no idea who these guys are you're arguing with and no idea how stupid you look doing it.

I thought Cael's interview about the NWCA and national duals (last Feb) was interesting. It seems like he has made some suggestions in the past. I like his idea about the top 20 teams going on their own dime to wherever the NWCA wants them to for one dual a year...it seemed to work out well in UTAH last season.

I don't think everything Veritas is saying is false. I know Cael hasn't been a real "meeting" type of guy. At this point I do believe he needs to be. But cant we agree that something so important as eliminating the NCAA individual team champions as we know it should have been communicated STRONGLY as an agenda item in the NWCA meeting. What's the purpose of holding a critical meeting during the Olympic games? Nobody seems to answer questions directly from the opposing side?? That's all I ever really wanted to know. What am I missing (except my brain for running around in circles trying to get specific questions answered). I appreciate anyone who loves this sport

I don't think everything Veritas is saying is false. I know Cael hasn't been a real "meeting" type of guy. At this point I do believe he needs to be. But cant we agree that something so important as eliminating the NCAA individual team champions as we know it should have been communicated STRONGLY as an agenda item in the NWCA meeting. What's the purpose of holding a critical meeting during the Olympic games? Nobody seems to answer questions directly from the opposing side?? That's all I ever really wanted to know. What am I missing (except my brain for running around in circles trying to get specific questions answered). I appreciate anyone who loves this sport

The NWCA did not make the proposal and didn't actually have any power in the proposal process. Basically the NCAA Wrestling committee said "oh, hey, what do you think of this?" You have to remember that. As it was mentioned in the thread, if you read the article here they have a diagram that shows the relationship.

viritas-Thank you sir. I get on there from time to time and will more frequently. All I've ever asked from these PSU guys, hell from anyone, is to call a spade a spade. They refuse. Oh well, I'll still be here long after PSU isn't the flavor of the month anymore and these morons are gone. But I will always remember the time the PSU newbie called you a basketball player, lol. Good to see you on here.

Maybe if you read the whole article Ray worte you would understand.

I doubt your last sentence and to be honest the only reason I am responding is that if you read the article you would know this his been discussed for numerous years.

Do you even know who orginally proposed this idea? Do you think it was the coaches and NWCA?

Ray explains in the artilce, so maybe before you go all PSU on us, you could take the time to read the whole article. I have been around this sport long enough to not let people like you or Mopar bother me. I just hope some day people can be true fans and not whatever it is that is brewing in State College.

You are right.

Some of them sound like Iowa fans!