Sign in to follow this  
2td3nf

Hey Adam - request & question

First off (and probably obvious from some of my previous posts), I'm a big fan of your opinions on these boards. (Also a big fan of you as a 149 NCAA champion out of a brutal bracket, if I remember correctly.)

My request: If you can, I'd love to see that bracket again for fun. Not so computer savvy, couldn't find it.

As for my question:

Pretty sure you posted some data on the weights and weight classes of men around the world. Was looking for it (checked all the "Stan" posts - not there.) Do you remember which title that post is under, or could you post it again?

Thanks Adam, you're great for the sport.

Is there video of the finals from 01? Looks like it was a great finals.

Yeah Tony, the Tirapelle - Esposito final is on youtube. I also enjoyed the Tirapelle - Jared Lawrence semifinal on youtube. Looked liked Adam broke Jared's will after that first counter -scramble -takedown sequence in the first period. (Maybe I shouldn't say that - Jared Lawrence was a stud.)

And thanks again flwrestler, all the 2001 weight class brackets were included in your post. And as far as the 149 brutal bracket, # 1 seed Reggie Wright (totally forgot about him), Frayer, Lawrence, Espo, Mike Zadick, Billman, Kulczycki, Schmeising, and even Jesse Jantzen. Wow, just loaded.

(And I did finally find all the NCAA brackets on the internet - just opened a whole new can of worms for myself with these NCAA brackets and youtube.)

On that note I forgot that Cael wrestled Cormier in the 2001 NCAA finals. Couldn't find that match on youtube. really want to see that one.

However, I did run into Cael vs Gatsalov at a World Cup on youtube. What a great match! And once again, it's like a Russian theme, the Russians always seem to get off a quality shot and finish when they're behind in "short time". Just amazing.