Sign in to follow this  
rda

All Star Match

Hwt has been announced...

Past All-Americans will clash in 2012 All Star Classic Heavyweight Matchup '

ELMS Staff Writer

9/26/2012 12:43:53 PM

WASHINGTON D.C. – The heavyweight, 285 pound weight class match at the 2012 All Star Classic will feature Dom Bradley of Missouri v. Mike McMullan of Northwestern, in a match pitting the previous third place finishers at the 2011 and 2012 NCAA Wrestling Championships.

Does anybody know of any of the other matchups at this point. Do they plan on announcing them one per day thinking of making the trip if the lineup is stacked. I know PSU has said Megaludis/D Alton and Wright are going. Anybody else know of anyone that has gotten an invite?

Pretty sure the only match that would generate excitement even close to the one announced would be McDonough vs Stieber at 133. I would love to see that happen as a one time deal.

Can you think of any other matches that would create a big time buzz.

If Oliver is going 149 in the season would love to see him and maple wrestle at the classic if he is going 141 let him wrestle Chamberlain or Ness.

Caldwell vs Chris Perry would be fun.

My opinion thats how you promote and help grow the sport.

Does anybody know of any of the other matchups at this point. Do they plan on announcing them one per day thinking of making the trip if the lineup is stacked. I know PSU has said Megaludis/D Alton and Wright are going. Anybody else know of anyone that has gotten an invite?

Pretty sure the only match that would generate excitement even close to the one announced would be McDonough vs Stieber at 133. I would love to see that happen as a one time deal.

Can you think of any other matches that would create a big time buzz.

If Oliver is going 149 in the season would love to see him and maple wrestle at the classic if he is going 141 let him wrestle Chamberlain or Ness.

Caldwell vs Chris Perry would be fun.

My opinion thats how you promote and help grow the sport.

I'm assuming you missed the big one at 165 the last couple days. This Taylor guy against some Dake kid. :D

But yes in the past they normally release matchups one a day.

Yea skipped over those 42 threads thanks for the info lol. Was more looking to find out if any other schools SID released something that there wrestlers accepted an invite.

Steiber vs Oliver would be great since they will not matchup this season. Even Hunter Stieber vs Oliver would be alot of fun

At least it's sold out! I went a few years ago in Fresno, CA and I think there were like 200 people there. Crazy.

It was a ghost town for sure that year!! A couple times they made the mistake of panning the crowd with the camera, and it was not good!!