Sign in to follow this  
VakAttack

Destin McCauley commits, and it's not to Wisconsin

Wow thats an interesting one. I mean it's not so much a surprise that he's not going to Wisconsin because a lot of us figured once Donny left, that Destin probably wasn't going to stay but I guess I'm surprised by Iowa State though.

Wow thats an interesting one. I mean it's not so much a surprise that he's not going to Wisconsin because a lot of us figured once Donny left, that Destin probably wasn't going to stay but I guess I'm surprised by Iowa State though.
Well, Iowa State HAD to do something, this is certainly a step in the right direction.

It is a little bit interesting that their top 2 recruits were committed elsewhere (Meeks at Nebby and McCauley in Sconnie), then end up in Ames. I think one would have to assume both are on full-rides, which I don't know if that is rare in Ames or not, but Jackson has to do something to get the program heading in the right direction, and paying more to a couple of blue-chippers is one way to get the resurrection started.

Good Luck to the young man, and to a lesser degree The Clones (things are always a lot more interesting in Iowa when Iowa, ISU and UNI are all pretty respectable - which I think will be the case again fairly soon).

It's "commit" and "shown." Hopefully he takes his English classes seriously.

I hope I never have so much time on my hands that I surf internet message boards for typos.

Just noticed a couple digs at a kid that's making one of the biggest decisions of his life. Nobody's purfect.

I guess I could write my responses like Mudflap. Maybe you wouldn't be so picky about proper grammar. I hate English majors.

Also, I wasn't taking a shot at him.

He had a great high school career and is a better wrestler than I ever thought about being. I'm just saying from what I've seen, he doesn't look like he has taken it to the next level.

I guess I could write my responses like Mudflap. Maybe you wouldn't be so picky about proper grammar. I hate English majors.

He had a great high school career and is a better wrestler than I ever thought about being. I'm just saying from what I've seen, he doesn't look like he has taken it to the next level.

When have you seen him? McCauley has been out of high school for a whole five months. Isn't it a little early to be assessing how his college career is going to pan out?

Excellent!

Da ya heer mee hollaran frum bolder Colorado?

Jake Varner was our 47th NCAA champ two years back

Jon Reader was our 48th national champion last year

Things were kind of low during those two years but we still had 2 bright spots

The future looking brighter indeed (overall)

When have you seen him? McCauley has been out of high school for a whole five months. Isn't it a little early to be assessing how his college career is going to pan out?

Haven't you heard that the level of achievement one reaches 5 months out of high school is the pinnacle of their athletic careers? I mean, it's not like guys improve much after high school, right?. That's why David Taylor was such a bad wrestler last year, as predicted perfectly by some posters, because he was very small and weak several years ago in high school and wouldn't be able to transition to a "manly" weight class like 157.

Andrew Long coming back to Ames?

Perhaps if Iowa and Pennsylvania have an extradition treaty.

Pretty sharp there Vak...Once you have a seat on the PSU "Train" kinda like the old railroad rules tough to get rid of but can happen...We shall see but I think we will see him again!!!

Andrew Long coming back to Ames?

Perhaps if Iowa and Pennsylvania have an extradition treaty.

Pretty sharp there Vak...Once you have a seat on the PSU "Train" kinda like the old railroad rules tough to get rid of but can happen...We shall see but I think we will see him again!!!

You gotta be smoking crack.

Excellent!

Jake Varner was our 47th NCAA champ two years back

Jon Reader was our 48th national champion last year

(overall)

What ever happened to David Zabriskie? Didn't he win his NC AFTER Jake Varner and before Jon Reader? Would that mak him our 47.5th NCAA champ two years back?

I lost count somewhere.....