Sign in to follow this  
Old_Marine_Wrestler

Bo Jordan did something neither Dake or Taylor could...

I think 8-0 and 10-0 are pretty dominating wins. Jordan's pin may very well be superior but until we see it it's hard to go ahead and make it seem like Jordan is the better wrestler.

I think 8-0 and 10-0 are pretty dominating wins. Jordan's pin may very well be superior but until we see it it's hard to go ahead and make it seem like Jordan is the better wrestler.

Didn't write that he was.

But in 3 years wrestling in the B10, a couple of trips to the NCAAs and over 100 college matches, LeBlanc hadn't been pinned (and he's wrestled guys such as Conrad Polz, Colt Sponsellor, Nick Heflin and many other AAs).

Jordan got him on his back one way or the other and got the fall. Something no other college wrestler has been able to do.

I'm not criticizing here, just interested in if Jordan is a "normal" aged college freshman? This kid is pretty amazing either way, just wondering if he has an "extra" year than a normal true freshman.

Oh here we go. There HAS to be some kind of unfair advantage. He just cant be THAT good, can he? I mean there is no way, right? :lol:

I'm not criticizing here, just interested in if Jordan is a "normal" aged college freshman? This kid is pretty amazing either way, just wondering if he has an "extra" year than a normal true freshman.

I think he's one year up.

Oh here we go. There HAS to be some kind of unfair advantage. He just cant be THAT good, can he? I mean there is no way, right? :lol:

I think the unfair advantage was the years of free Jeff Jordan Camps and Clinics this kid attended without paying. Someone in charge of that camp was slipping, and I believe its only a matter of time before the oversight is realized and Bo's dad gets a hefty bill in the mail for that one. :D

He Turned 20 last month! Thats about normal these days for some freshman! Still a stud!

Do these kids just stay home for a year or 2 and then pick up whatever grade was next?

Something is just wrong with this picture.

He Turned 20 last month! Thats about normal these days for some freshman! Still a stud!

"Normal" is turning 19 at some point during your freshman year Even those kids who are considered old for their class would traditionally enter college right after turning 19 during the summer. I'm going to assume he started his schooling a year late, as sometimes parents choose to do this if they feel their child needs a little more maturing before entering grade school. In general one year difference by the time you hit the college level (physical maturity wise) probably shouldn't be worth people complaining too much about, especially when he's beating guys older than him anyway.

"Normal" is turning 19 at some point during your freshman year Even those kids who are considered old for their class would traditionally enter college right after turning 19 during the summer. However, one year difference by the time you hit the college level (physical maturity wise) probably shouldn't be worth people complaining too much about, especially when he's beating guys older than him anyway.

It is not uncommon for kids to turn 19 their senior year of high school. Depending upon the age cutoff date they might be 19 their entire senior year.

It is of course true for potential star athletes to make sure they do so by holding a kid back somewhere along the line. In any case they're not breaking any rules.

It's very uncommon.

No, actually it's not. For decades kids started school at 6 years of age. Several states still do this even though there is a trend to start kids at 5.

6 + 13 (including kindergarten) = 19

13= 12 grades plus one year being left back. Is that the math?

I thought that it was pretty clear when I put including kindergarten in brackets.

12 grades + kindergarten = 13.

Not real difficult.

It's very uncommon.

No, actually it's not. For decades kids started school at 6 years of age. Several states still do this even though there is a trend to start kids at 5.

But that means they would turn 19 first year AFTER HS. And I think most kids are 5 during Kindergarten- at least first 'semester'.

It's very uncommon.

But that means they would turn 19 first year AFTER HS. And I think most kids are 5 during Kindergarten- at least first 'semester'.

It's going to depend upon the state in which they live and their guidelines. If the age cutoff is in June a kid could be 6 on July 1st and he'd be 19 his entire senior year. Even if the kid turns 6 in November he'd still be 19 when he graduated.

It's still pretty common in some states but the state in which you live might differ and 18 could be the norm.