Sign in to follow this  
GuillermoBilletas

I really enjoyed the Anthony Ashnault era

Certainly looks like Retherford has put some distance between himself and AA since they last met. I love what RU is trying to do but they might need to take a hard look at the coaching staff.

But they've got Frank the Tank in the room. How can they possibly do any better than that?

Certainly looks like Retherford has put some distance between himself and AA since they last met. I love what RU is trying to do but they might need to take a hard look at the coaching staff.

But they've got Frank the Tank in the room. How can they possibly do any better than that?

Knocking a 4 time AA/2x Finalist/undefeated NC?

What do The Tank's wrestling accomplishments have to do with his ability to coach?

For one, it would suggest that he knows what it takes to be very successful at the D1 level. That really needed to be explained to you?

Retherford is a beast. I know it's early, but looking at 141, I wouldn't be surprised to see Zain and Collica AA as true fish.

Ashnault not so much

So you're calling Ashnault a fake fish? I don't think anybody thinks he's a fish...besides, if he was, wouldn't they be able to just throw him into the Raritan?

I'm not going to sit here and defend rutgers lack of results, but I would point out that Anthony is a TRUE frosh. How long has he been in the Rutgers room? A few weeks? Can you really blame Goodale for Ashnault struggling this early into his career?

What do The Tank's wrestling accomplishments have to do with his ability to coach?

For one, it would suggest that he knows what it takes to be very successful at the D1 level. That really needed to be explained to you?

My point was the wrestling community assumes one can coach because one can wrestle

Just because you can hit a double leg doesn't mean you can break it down and teach it.

I don't think it's fair to bag on Ashnault yet. I think it's totally fair to look at what Rutgers has done the last several years with high recruits and point the finger at that coaching staff. Plain and simple they are not getting it done and that is fact, there is no disputing that. I'll give Ashnault some time to prove to me he's not Scott Winston or Mario Mason but the Rutgers coaches need to take a long, hard look in the mirror. They deserve every bit of criticism they receive.