Sign in to follow this  
GuillermoBilletas

I really enjoyed the Anthony Ashnault era

TrollThread Starters really pollute this forum.

Leave the fckg kid alone.

-------

Not convinced of the Rutgers staff, but this is a dumb example to use. David Taylor lost his wrestle off when he was a true freshman.

It's true. I think everyone else besides the OP means to be trolling Rutgers, not Ashnault.

LOL Rutgers is liek bad.

He felt obligated to go to Rutgers. His brother transferred there and more than that, the Rutgers coaches were helping the SP kids.

Although he would be better if he went somewhere else (anywhere else), he will still do well at Rutgers.

This is their 2nd really high caliber recruit, so he has to do well for Rutger's credibility. I'm sure Goodale knows that and will have other people help out. And not just Molinaro, if he picked bottom against Dake, who knows what he will suggest for others. Jaja

I'm sure he will be a top four All-American, possibly a 4x all-american and possibly a national champion. He is red shirting this year, I doubt he's as serious as some others at this point.

Not convinced of the Rutgers staff, but this is a dumb example to use. David Taylor lost his wrestle off when he was a true freshman.

and then lost to the same guy in the NCAA finals. jaja. anyways, bubba went to the finals the year he won the wrestleoff, right?

We can't blame Rutgers yet, they haven't had him for long and there's no pressure when you have a redshirt season.

and then lost to the same guy in the NCAA finals. jaja. anyways, bubba went to the finals the year he won the wrestleoff, right?

We can't blame Rutgers yet, they haven't had him for long and there's no pressure when you have a redshirt season.

Taylor lost to Cyler Sanderson not Bubba in his wrestle off.

Taylor lost to Cyler Sanderson not Bubba in his wrestle off.

Thanks

I have no doubt that Ashnault will have a great career at Rutgers. It's early on but there are people who already want to dance on his grave.

Two weeks ago sports fans in Philly wanted to ride Chip Kelly out of town on a rail. Nick Foles was a nobody that couldn't start for the Little Sisters of the Poor.

Now Kelly is the toast of the town and Foles (who has tied the NFL record for most TD's in a game, is tied for 2nd All-Time in the number of TD's without an interception and counting, and has set the all-time NFL QB record for QB rating in two consecutive games), is suddenly pretty good.

Is it possible that certain 'fans' are reacting too quickly about Ashnault? Maybe you should let the kid mature a bit before you burn him at the stake.

How about his HS teammate Stasenko doing so well at that weight.

Also if you are bashing Ashnault you are bashing Dippery as well. same wt class for Rutgers. these are Freshman. They are on their own and sometimes when you are on your own making weight is not so easy, also lots of parties to go to.

Lets discuss this 3-4 years from now and see what he does.

Taylor also lost to Bubba in the NLO finals when they were both redshirting to give Cyler the spot.

A couple of other careers that ended this past weekend by the same line of logic in this thread:

Jesse Thielke

Kendric Maple

Jordan Rogers

Evan Henderson

Jimmy Guilbon

Look,

"bad" losses happen. Tough weekends, not 100%, guys get hot, and all the other blah blah blah excuses.

It's the first week. They aren't handing out hardware yet.

Taylor also lost to Bubba in the NLO finals when they were both redshirting to give Cyler the spot.

A couple of other careers that ended this past weekend by the same line of logic in this thread:

Jesse Thielke

Kendric Maple

Justin Rogers

Evan Henderson

Jimmy Guilbon

Look,

"bad" losses happen. Tough weekends, not 100%, guys get hot, and all the other blah blah blah excuses.

Well now that you mention it, Thielke's result were pretty horrible. Is the greco success just not transferable?

Jesse Thielke

Kendric Maple

Justin Rogers

Evan Henderson

Jimmy Guilbon

Look,

Who is Justin Rogers, or do you mean Jordan?

November on The Mat forum...... the 4 timers who might go undefeated, so many 'where did he come' types, so many upsets early on where the stud gets beat by "who was that", blue chippers who pull off that magical win, and so many instant flame outs....

In November.

By late January, as usual, things will have sorted themselves out after the blue chips - who will do well down the road - get scouted and the grind gets to them. The shooting stars don't sneak up on anyone. And the studs who are cruising at the moment (knowing it is a meat grinder marathon) work into form.

November on The Mat forum...... the 4 timers who might go undefeated, so many 'where did he come' types, so many upsets early on where the stud gets beat by "who was that", blue chippers who pull off that magical win, and so many instant flame outs....

In November.

By late January, as usual, things will have sorted themselves out after the blue chips - who will do well down the road - get scouted and the grind gets to them. The shooting stars don't sneak up on anyone. And the studs who are cruising at the moment (knowing it is a meat grinder marathon) work into form.

sgallan speaks!

One thing's for sure, the Guillermo being a douche bag era will never end. He's proven that time and time again.

Very true, he is probably one of the most ignorant posters on the board and that is saying something.

Thing is, it's kind of a tradition around here to post these things, and it's mildly amusing to see the title. But when you open the thread and see a mean spirited op, it takes the humor part away and just makes it a nasty shot at a kid just starting his career.

What this thread should have actually been entitled is: " I Really Enjoyed the Jesse Thielke Era". No offense but A2 is a good kid and a TRUE freshman, not a 21 yr old semi -pro just entering college who got stuck, majored and manhandled by his first real college competition. I cant lie Ive never been a big Thielke fan I have been witness to plenty of his and his fathers antics over the years.. Mr Thielke is FAR MORE deserving of the sarcasm and criticism being doled out toward Rutgers and A2.

I had never seen Thielke wrestle a folkstyle match. I will say this, the kid is a beast on his feet. He took Henderson down twice with some great technique. Where he struggles is on the mat and with dealing with funk defense which he probably didn't see much of in HS. I still think within a couple of years he will be in the hunt for AA and possibly a champ if he can get some good mat coaching.

A Thielke thread would have been fair too but that doesn't mean this one is unfair. Again, I don't feel the criticism is at A squared just yet. It's that the Rutgers coaches have been showing fans the same movie over and over and over. And the beginning of the movie always looks just like this. It's normal for fans to react when they see a pattern. I don't think anyone is giving up on A2 but I think it's plenty fair to have already given up on the Rutgers coaching staff.

I watched 2 of Thielkes matches. He definitely has something on his feet, however he is very weak on the mat and his susceptibility to scrambling probably due to the years on the freestyle circuit is terrible. Also, lets not forget Thielke is a 21 year old man (who's been wrestling professionally/full time for 2 years post hs) so these adjustments should be easier not to mention he has to have been wrestling folk exclusively for at least 3 months 5-6 days a week. No excuses, may be a bit undersized for 141 same day weigh ins but Graff probably prevents him from coming down. A2 is 18-19 tops and will be just fine at Rutgers.