Sign in to follow this  
ocho

Minnesota Gopher Update

Awesome pre-season video by the one and only Cole Schrupp! Take the time to watch the speaking by steinhaus to start it off is very cool!

Recruiting-

Gophers got a verbal commitment from Bobby Steveson today, he is a junior from Apple Valley(was from Indiana) at 182 pounds.

Gophers got a verbal from Jack Bass(by way of VA and TX, projects at 157 in college. Ranked 13th by AWN at his weight

Gophers got a verbal from Will Balow a 182# state champion from Minnesota, hurt his knee and most likely will not wrestle this season.

Gophers got a verbal from Collin Carr a 182#, runner up in Illinois last year.

These guys will join these top 100 recruits Tommy Thorn(133), Ethan Lizak (125), and Nathan Rose(197)

Looks like more bright days ahead for the Gophers. Lineup should be tough this year!

I watched the video earlier today via twitter and thought it was very cool. Surely not many Iowa fans out there enjoying Minne videos. I'll say one thing for the Minnesota wrestlers they are always some big thick mfers. I know everyone lifts but it can't be emphasized anywhere more than Minnesota, for better or worse. I don't know when that was filmed but Steinhizzie didn't look hurt. Some Gopher fan explain please?

I like the Jack Bass signing. I feel like he was a little better when he was in Texas and has dropped a bit since moving to Virginia but perhaps this is due to practice partners? I don't know. Regardless, I see the talent and I think this could possibly be a player for the Gophers down the road.