Sign in to follow this  
rickybobby

Matt Brown - Mr. Nasty

"IF" is the operative word in my post that preceded a hypothetical. Whatever makes you happy is fine with me. I don't know you. I couldn't possibly know if you worship the devil. I merely quoted you're statement:

"The entire idea of posting on this board is to anger some people

and receive some push back."

It's quite funny actually. Let's skip lunch. Would that be okay?

You seem to be taking exception with that one quote. What I'm saying by that is if we all agree and sing kumbaya and worship David Taylor then we might as well call this the Penn St. message board. Upsetting people and receiving push back are part of having a good debate. I enjoy it or I wouldn't log in here. As far as lunch goes skipping it is fine with me. I sat with you guys for an entire tournament and I have had my fill. Can you believe one girl said, "I could never like a person who cheers for Iowa" with me sitting right there? I'm not even from Iowa, I just like their philosophies and the way they wrestle. It's my experience that people from Iowa are fairly nice people. I was taken aback by that comment and plenty more.

This was the same tournament where the Iowa fans embarrassed themselves on national t. v.. Oh, but PSU fans are terrible because they didn't take a shine to Dr. Gonzo in person, imagine that......

So why aren't you up in arms about the Iowa Way thread? Shouldn't that be on the Iowa board.....and note, there are no PSU fans pissing and moaning about it like you are here. But we're the bad guys, lol, yea right.

I was sitting with you guys Tigs so you know I had nothing to do with the Iowa fans. And I've addressed that a hundred times in the past. But again your approach is if Iowa does something wrong it's ok if PSU does. David Taylor hasn't seen good competition but thats ok because Nate Moore hasn't either. That doesn't change the PSU side of things, you just refuse to look at things any other way than blue and white. I hope you don't teach your kids this philosophy.

So it's Gonzo's contention that there were no other good wrestlers in the entire country at DT's weight class except Dake and Bubba. And he lost to them.

Darn right, Gonzo. You're logic is impeccable. There's no denying that everyone in the NCAA except those guys were totally lame. It's just a bad era for wrestling.

DT - just an average wrestler in a sea of mediocrity.

You got it so wrong it hurts. Not even in the ballpark. Barely playing the same sport. Just because a guy hasn't seen the best competition doesn't mean he sucks. You go through his matches and list the studs instead of simply running your mouth. You don't have to agree with me but at least I listed some guys. You're just blindly worshiping. If you think every college guy is the same level of talent then fine, I don't care, I tend to think there are varying degrees of skill.

You seem to be taking exception with that one quote. What I'm saying by that is if we all agree and sing kumbaya and worship David Taylor then we might as well call this the Penn St. message board. Upsetting people and receiving push back are part of having a good debate. I enjoy it or I wouldn't log in here. As far as lunch goes skipping it is fine with me. I sat with you guys for an entire tournament and I have had my fill. Can you believe one girl said, "I could never like a person who cheers for Iowa" with me sitting right there? I'm not even from Iowa, I just like their philosophies and the way they wrestle. It's my experience that people from Iowa are fairly nice people. I was taken aback by that comment and plenty more.
Okay, fair enough. FYI, when NCAAs came to Philly I ended up hanging out with a guy from Iowa who ended up sitting in the Penn section (not Penn State, Penn). One of my favorite local hangouts wasn't far from his hotel and we shared dinner and beers and had a good time. We've texted from time to time, and hopefully I'll meet him again especially if Philly hosts the big dance again.

Another true story is that at the 2003 World Championships in NYC I ended up sitting smack dab in the middle of the Iranian section. Wow, now those are some enthusiastic wrestling fans, especially when Cael was on the mat!!

One year I was set smack dab in the middle of the Lehigh section. I have to say they were great fans and very respectful of an Iowa fan but my god they've got to get some younger fans too or they're going to end up with NO fans in the next few years. I also sat next to the Navy coaches wife one year and he and she were super nice. Very easy and nice to talk to. Also sat next to the Novachkov family one year and while they're English was not good they were super, super nice. I've only ever had problems with one set of fans in 11 straight tournaments.

Speaking of Lehigh, JG and Beckman should be a good match. I see Mason winning a decision. I also would not be surprised to see Gardner beat Zain in a close match, I hope I am wrong though. Stinks I work sunday's or I'd be at that match.

Gonzo, I hope you are right. Either way it should be a good test for Zain. Knowing how good Gardner was in HS, plus he has a year of college experience on Zain, it should be a good match.

Also forgot to mention how i am curious to see how little Cruz does against Nico. Cruz wrestle Tomasello real tough and close few times in HS. And being from PA, I have seen Cruz way too often torch guys from our team. Haha. And Tomasello seems like he is going to be a stud this year, unless he red shirts.

I am obviously a PA and PSU fan, but what does Iowa do with 2 studs at 125? Would Brands alternate them sometimes, or just have one guy at 125 and the other guy...

Chasden-I've got to get on a mini rant here to answer this. I HATE the Gilman/Clark situation. I hate the Sueflohn/McCauley situation. When people say "good" problem to have I want to beat the s**t out of someone. It's a good problem to have?? To have one of your best wrestlers sit the bench when it counts is a good problem to have??? Not in my world. I want the best guys on the mat. I wish Tony Ramos could go to 141, believe me I do. The idea that Gilman will sit in the post season makes me as crazy as the thought Ed Ruth could. Ok, rant over. To answer your question. I've seen Gilman a lot!! He's from Omaha Skutt and they come to KC a lot. They are at the Stampede (awful f'ing name but GREAT high school tournament, PLEASE check it out everyone) so I've seen a lot of Gilman and I think he's going to be a stud. Having said that I think it will be Clark come Big 10 and Nationals. We will see both wrestle 125 throughout the season. I'll be interested to see who goes against Mega, and surely one of them will see Delgado at Midlands. To be fair a lot of Iowa insiders think it will be Gilman and I've seen him a lot and he's really good but I just think at the end of the day it will be Clark. Either way chances are we're going to see one of them sit in the post season.....what an AWFUL problem to have!

Chasden-I've got to get on a mini rant here to answer this. I HATE the Gilman/Clark situation. I hate the Sueflohn/McCauley situation. When people say "good" problem to have I want to beat the s**t out of someone. It's a good problem to have?? To have one of your best wrestlers sit the bench when it counts is a good problem to have??? Not in my world. I want the best guys on the mat. I wish Tony Ramos could go to 141, believe me I do. The idea that Gilman will sit in the post season makes me as crazy as the thought Ed Ruth could. Ok, rant over. To answer your question. I've seen Gilman a lot!! He's from Omaha Skutt and they come to KC a lot. They are at the Stampede (awful f'ing name but GREAT high school tournament, PLEASE check it out everyone) so I've seen a lot of Gilman and I think he's going to be a stud. Having said that I think it will be Clark come Big 10 and Nationals. We will see both wrestle 125 throughout the season. I'll be interested to see who goes against Mega, and surely one of them will see Delgado at Midlands. To be fair a lot of Iowa insiders think it will be Gilman and I've seen him a lot and he's really good but I just think at the end of the day it will be Clark. Either way chances are we're going to see one of them sit in the post season.....what an AWFUL problem to have!

I watched Gillman wrestle very little, mainly watch and know all the PA studs. I did see him wrestle some match on FLO on the summer. I have watched Clark twice against Gulibon in HS.Clark has definitely got much better now. I too think it is kind of a waste to sit a most likely AA on the bench. Is Dweiza at 141 this year? I watched him at states and seen a bit of him. He SHOULD do well this year if he is at 141. I guess you will just have to wait til next year when they both are in the line up.

He is from Worst Valley City, Utah where the cops regularly get away with murdering the citizens. Usually those of 'lamanite' persuasion.(as they are referred to in Utah0

Will he win an NCAA Title? Probably not. Close but no cigar.

I agree Gonzo. It sucks to have Gilman or Clark sitting the bench and wasting a year of eligibility. When you have two guys that are high AA material at 125, and one has to watch from the stands, it's actually a pretty crappy and annoying problem to have.