Sign in to follow this  
conanNY

ISO Garrett Delgado Semi...

I'm more interested in seeing Garrett vs MM in the quarters again, can't find that anywheres

That match was pretty much like most MM bouts against quicker opponents. He kept it close and then in OT, Garrett pretty much just threw him to the mat.

I still don't think his shoulder issue made a big difference except for how hard Garrett rode him. That ride alone would put a hurting on most guys. Kid is a lot stronger than he looks and Cornell coaching has really made a big difference IMO.

I was as tough on MM as anybody, but he had a great career. He should not be defined by his senior year. I also feel that if Robles didn't have the upper body of a 149LB, MM might have been a 3 timer.

I think the Cornell coaches have done enough to adjust Garrett so he can stop Delgado offense and if he can do that then Garrett will win this match

I watched the match again last night, and came away with the view that it wasn't anywhere as close as the score would indicate. My own reaction is that it was a beat-down for an NCAA semifinal. Garrett has a ways to go. I'm sure he will improve. But Delgado isn't that easy to stop.

I think the Cornell coaches have done enough to adjust Garrett so he can stop Delgado offense and if he can do that then Garrett will win this match

I watched the match again last night, and came away with the view that it wasn't anywhere as close as the score would indicate. My own reaction is that it was a beat-down for an NCAA semifinal. Garrett has a ways to go. I'm sure he will improve. But Delgado isn't that easy to stop.

Neither is Megaludis..

But see Megaludis stopped delgados shots with his hands and head, Garett was busy looking for his offense instead of worrying about delgados attack, which he has to do when wrestling him, if this is a mat match, Garett wins, if it's a neutral match Delgado wins, so avoiding delgados shots and scoring off his counter offense Garett will win