Sign in to follow this  
Big10fan

All Star Classic names that declined

Stole this from another board. From Teague Moore radio interview

Penn State's TRSO Nico Megaludis (2012 #2) has accepted.('invites are out to the next athletes')(Moore: 'McDonough declined for his own reason and for Iowa's own reasons'... 'Coach Brands understands his athletes and what their needs are', 'is focused on individual peaking....didn't feel that this event going on at the end of November was in their needs...they passed')

No commitments yet, but the invites are out. Invitees: Minnesota's Chris Dardanes. Ohio State and Logan Stiebler declined.

Oklahoma RSJR Kendrick Maple (2012 #4, as RSSO) has accepted. Next up on Invitee List: Oregon State RSSR Michael Mangrum

Boise State SR Jason Chamberlain (2011 #3 Oly RS in 2012) has accepted. He'll be coming back from University Worlds in late October and wants to jump in. Invitees: Andrew Alton is 'on the list'; is one of the names who could appear if others in front of him decline.' Jordan Oliver & all of Okie State have declined. 'We did move this back a couple of weeks, so we could kick off the college season.'

Penn State's RSSO Dylan Alton (2012 #3 as a RSFR) vs. Northwestern SR Jason Welch (2012 #4, 2011 #6).

Dake vs. Taylor

Illinois RSJR Jordan Blanton (2012 #4, 2011 #5) has accepted. Invitees: Jimmy Sheptock 'on the list'. 'Hes from PA and wrestles for Maryland"

Waiting on Robert Hamlin and Kevin Steinhaus. Bosak & Ruth both declined. Teague: 'I think it's one of those situations that it's got to be the right timing, not sure why he passed.'

Quentin Wright (2012 #2 at 184, 2011 #1 at 184, 2009 #6 at 174) has accepted. Next up on Invitation List is Matt Wilps (2012 #4) of Pitt.

HWT

NW RSSO Mike McMullan (2012 #3) vs. Missouri RSSR Dom Bradley (2011 #3)

Prior Biggest Matchups discussions

Mike Reardon: Chris Bono vs. Lincoln McIlravy, national final, 1996?

Teague: Wade Schalles bumped up at to wrestle Shorty Hitchcock PSAC, beat him, but Hitchcock won NCAAs that year, when Schalles was ineligible due to transfer.

Teague: 'we're really working on the promotion of this right now, hoping for some play on the mainstream media.'

TR Foley & Mike Reardon debriefing:

- Reardon bummed to hear that 'with the smoke clearing' that Jordan Oliver is not gonna wrestle 149', thinks that would be better for his long-term career, but I guess has heard he's now going 141.'

Anyone got the word on why Ruth declined?

It was rumored that Dake was going to bump up to 184 pounds after polishing off Taylor and attempt to become the first wrestler to win the All-Star Classic at two different weights on the same day.

Based on the above, as well as a report that Dake has recently grown a mustache, Coach Sanderson decided it would be wise for Ruth to bail out of the tournament.

Anyone got the word on why Ruth declined?

Because its meaningless. ;)

Well, if it is meaningless, why does anyone go??

Rock .... You need to step away from ALL boards. Take a break, and git your head straight. I feel sorry for your kid, as he's got a dad, who is one of the all time idiots on the Wrestling message boards, all across the country. Even you own State High School MSG Board, banned you from the very git-go.

If this event was meaningless, nobody would go, nor wrestle. It certainly isn't the NCAA's Championships, yet it's a chance for guys to match-up, wrestle, and provide an opportunity to lay it on the line, with no statistical downside.

Here is a little exercise for you:

If it is so meaningless, why does anybody go?? Explain that to us. Engage your brain for once, and come up with some reasonable logic.

I swear ... sometimes it appears you and Marty are cousins, or maybe even... you two were separated at birth.

Well, if it is meaningless, why does anyone go??

Rock .... You need to step away from ALL boards. Take a break, and git your head straight. I feel sorry for your kid, as he's got a dad, who is one of the all time idiots on the Wrestling message boards, all across the country. Even you own State High School MSG Board, banned you from the very git-go.

If this event was meaningless, nobody would go, nor wrestle. It certainly isn't the NCAA's Championships, yet it's a chance for guys to match-up, wrestle, and provide an opportunity to lay it on the line, with no statistical downside.

Here is a little exercise for you:

If it is so meaningless, why does anybody go?? Explain that to us. Engage your brain for once, and come up with some reasonable logic.

I swear ... sometimes it appears you and Marty are cousins, or maybe even... you two were separated at birth.

Do you just make it up as you go along Jeff Hall? Never been banned from my own boards, so please quit lying.

Sarcasm is something simply above your pay grade. You see this ;), it means I was joking.

See this :roll:, this means I'm rolling eyes at you.