Sign in to follow this  
pennsyrules

Lehigh over Bloomsburg

Lehigh 22 No. 15 Bloomsburg 13

141 – Laike Gardner (Lehigh) major dec. Matt Rappo (Holland/Council Rock South) (Bloomsburg) 11-3

149 – Bryce Busler (Mechanicsburg/Cumberland Valley) (Bloomsburg) dec. Mitch Minotti (Lehigh) 3-1

157 – Joey Napoli (Lehigh) Fall Kevin Hartnett (Staten Island, NY/Monsignor Farrell) (Bloomsburg) 5:13

165 – Josh Veltre (Rochester, NY/Greece Olympia) (Bloomsburg) major dec. Brian Brill (Lehigh) 16-6

174 – Elliot Riddick (Lehigh) dec. Mike Dessino (Middlesex, NJ/Middlesex) (Bloomsburg) 5-1

184 – Zach Diekel (Lehigh) dec. Sam Shirey (Beaver Springs/Midd-West) (Bloomsburg) 9-5

197 – Richard Perry (Meriden, CT/Middletown) (Bloomsburg) dec. John Bolich (Lehigh) 3-2

285 – Justin Grant (Easton/Easton) (Bloomsburg) dec. Doug Vollaro (Lehigh) 8-2

125 – Darian Cruz (Lehigh) dec. Sean Boylan (Seaville, NJ/St. Marks) (Bloomsburg) 3-1

133 – Mason Beckman (Lehigh) dec. Nick Wilcox (Greene, NY/Greene Central) (Bloomsburg) 2-0

Attendance – 1,509

Referee – John Hnath

A little surprised at Dessino losing to Riddick. Also heard Hartnett was winning in 3rd when he was cradled and pinned. Good win for Lehigh after their loss to Bucknell.

I watched the whole match on the computer last night.

-Yes Napoli was losing when he cradled Hartnett and pinned him.

-Gardner looked real good, him and Zain will be a good one.

-Beckman didn't look all to great to me, look disinterested. Maybe it's just me.

-Little Cruz got the winning takedown at buzzer in an exciting finish.

-Minotti wrestled Busler tough.

Lehigh 22 No. 15 Bloomsburg 13

141 – Laike Gardner (Lehigh) major dec. Matt Rappo (Holland/Council Rock South) (Bloomsburg) 11-3

149 – Bryce Busler (Mechanicsburg/Cumberland Valley) (Bloomsburg) dec. Mitch Minotti (Lehigh) 3-1

157 – Joey Napoli (Lehigh) Fall Kevin Hartnett (Staten Island, NY/Monsignor Farrell) (Bloomsburg) 5:13

165 – Josh Veltre (Rochester, NY/Greece Olympia) (Bloomsburg) major dec. Brian Brill (Lehigh) 16-6

174 – Elliot Riddick (Lehigh) dec. Mike Dessino (Middlesex, NJ/Middlesex) (Bloomsburg) 5-1

184 – Zach Diekel (Lehigh) dec. Sam Shirey (Beaver Springs/Midd-West) (Bloomsburg) 9-5

197 – Richard Perry (Meriden, CT/Middletown) (Bloomsburg) dec. John Bolich (Lehigh) 3-2

285 – Justin Grant (Easton/Easton) (Bloomsburg) dec. Doug Vollaro (Lehigh) 8-2

125 – Darian Cruz (Lehigh) dec. Sean Boylan (Seaville, NJ/St. Marks) (Bloomsburg) 3-1

133 – Mason Beckman (Lehigh) dec. Nick Wilcox (Greene, NY/Greene Central) (Bloomsburg) 2-0

Attendance – 1,509

Referee – John Hnath

A little surprised at Dessino losing to Riddick. Also heard Hartnett was winning in 3rd when he was cradled and pinned. Good win for Lehigh after their loss to Bucknell.

Hartnett wasn't winning when he was pinned. Napoli was down 3-1 going into the 3rd. He reversed Hartnett to his back when the fall occurred. At the very least, it was 3-3 with NF coming when the fall was called. Keep in mind that it took all of 13 seconds for the reversal & fall to occur.

Yes it's very close to CD. Must've been some good matches over the years considering you had the state finals matchups between Busler and Marshall peppleman, Napoli and Walt Peppleman and I'm sure there had to be other matchups because you had Tony Dallego, Kenny courts and Mike Evans. In addition, Ruth had to be in that mix somewhere also. Not exactly my area of pa but I'm sure there were alot of good battles during the jr. high and high school years.

Yes it's very close to CD. Must've been some good matches over the years considering you had the state finals matchups between Busler and Marshall peppleman, Napoli and Walt Peppleman and I'm sure there had to be other matchups because you had Tony Dallego, Kenny courts and Mike Evans. In addition, Ruth had to be in that mix somewhere also. Not exactly my area of pa but I'm sure there were alot of good battles during the jr. high and high school years.

Napoli, Peppelman, and English placed 1-2-3 at states out of D3. Fleming was 5th that year. Vollrath went 1-2, losing to English in the TB in the consies.

See the 145 bracket.

http://www.piaa.org/assets/web/document ... A_Brax.pdf