Sign in to follow this  
IronChef

Penn State # of Champs

125-Mcdonough is the biggest lock in wrestling this year (not Ruth). Nico 20%

133- No chance

141- No chance

149-Depends on where Oliver ends up. If Oliver out, Alton 20%. If Oliver is there, 10%

157-Dylan 30% chance with no Dake. 5% with Dake.

165- DT 75% chance no Dake. 50% chance with Dake.

174- Brown 35% chance. He's shown he can go with and beat the big guns.

184 - Ruth is not a lock. This weight still has some heavy hitters. 70%

197- Kilgore going heavyweight? If so, 65%. If not, 30%.

HWY- Lawson is a VERY talented big man. Time away from wrestling will probably affect him. We'll see. 2%

I, actually, agree in regards to Alton. He did have like nine losses all to studs. I'm not going to look but everyone of those studs is gone now right? I get the non-love because he didn't beat those studs or step up and AA like some have in his situation. Still, if you watched him wrestle you can tell he's a stud too and most likely there is just not that many dudes left that can take him. Cold hard truth if you're not a PSU fan.

Both Altons are no doubt studs. There's a big leap from not AA at 141 (albeit in a stacked weight) to winning the whole shabang at 149. By the way, it wasn't one of the studs that kept him off the podium. I think he'll have his hands full with Ness and Vinson also beat him last year. He's got a chance but 20% is fair I think this far out. Maybe 25 if you twist my arm.

I think Iowa has the record with 5 champs. pSU won't have that many. I love the way Taylor wrestles, but Dake is about impossible to score on, and Taylor won't have an easy time getting off bottom.

Kilgore is too much for Wright.

I think Iowa has the record with 5 champs. pSU won't have that many. I love the way Taylor wrestles, but Dake is about impossible to score on, and Taylor won't have an easy time getting off bottom.

OK State did it a few years ago getting 5 with Esposito,Hendricks,Rosholt,Mocco and one more name I'm blanking on at the moment but 5 is the record though.

OK State did it a few years ago getting 5 with Esposito,Hendricks,Rosholt,Mocco and one more name I'm blanking on at the moment but 5 is the record though.

Pendleton (Askren's Kryptonite)

Pendleton (Askren's Kryptonite)

Yep that was the one. Thanks!

I think too many people are discounting Megaludis and his chances to win. He will surely be a big underdog in another match with McDonough, and may not even make the finals, but there is almost no NCAA finals matchup where one wrestler has 0% chance of winning. Megaludis and McDonough is a prime example of this. Those two wrestled an overtime match earlier last season. If you can get to overtime, you have a chance to win. All it takes is one situation that goes your way, and you get the winning takedown. The opponent could trip while you spin behind. It doesn't mean you're better; it just means you won. Give Megaludis a low percentage chance of winning, because that's realistic, but dissmissing it as 0% belies a lack of knowledge of wrestling.

I think too many people are discounting Megaludis and his chances to win. He will surely be a big underdog in another match with McDonough, and may not even make the finals, but there is almost no NCAA finals matchup where one wrestler has 0% chance of winning. Megaludis and McDonough is a prime example of this. Those two wrestled an overtime match earlier last season. If you can get to overtime, you have a chance to win. All it takes is one situation that goes your way, and you get the winning takedown. The opponent could trip while you spin behind. It doesn't mean you're better; it just means you won. Give Megaludis a low percentage chance of winning, because that's realistic, but dissmissing it as 0% belies a lack of knowledge of wrestling.

True, some people in this thread also have Ed Ruth as a lock to win it, so maybe there is some overestimating going on there too.

cjc, there are already some rumblings coming out of camp that Ed looks stronger AND faster then last year because he's not dealing with a big cut. Scary what we might see out of him this year.

His physical gifts are nonpareil. His technical skills have rapidly caught up and he's nigh unstoppable. Personally, I think he will blow away the field at 184. I didn't before, I thought he would struggle a bit but still win the title, but as I've prepared for Fantasy Wrestling season I've been watching matches from last season and now I'm on board completely. Best wrestler in the country.

Guest Hammerlock3
Dake and Bubba J aren't good?

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2

no, bubba J is the only bad wrestler to beat taylor

cjc, there are already some rumblings coming out of camp that Ed looks stronger AND faster then last year because he's not dealing with a big cut. Scary what we might see out of him this year.

His physical gifts are nonpareil. His technical skills have rapidly caught up and he's nigh unstoppable. Personally, I think he will blow away the field at 184. I didn't before, I thought he would struggle a bit but still win the title, but as I've prepared for Fantasy Wrestling season I've been watching matches from last season and now I'm on board completely. Best wrestler in the country.

Agree 100%. I would love to see the Vermonster win this year. Big Lehigh fan, and Hamlin is so much fun to watch. But Ruth is from another planet.

It's not inconceivable, though it is very unlikely, that Penn State could win seven titles this year (125, 149-197). What odds would you need to bet on PSU getting at least seven champs?

You're confusing champs with AA's.

Both Altons realistically have a pretty good chance. Obviously if Dake is at 157, Dylan's decrease significantly. I do believe Andrew has a very good chance though. With the 2 styles, Andrew and Ness should be a great match! I'm not sure if Ness will be at 149 or 157.