Sign in to follow this  
Zelph

Admin - Why NO Ruth discussion?

Guys, why is Ed Ruth not wrestling? I gather he is suspended for some reason.

Yet it appears you censor topics about it.

WHY?

Obviously you don't believe many who visit are mature enough to read the truth and think about it. We are. Knowing what is true really cuts down on asinine speculation. A suspension of this National Champion is newsworthy and as such is worth discussing here. Your keeping it out is a Junior High move. Grow up and grow a pair and put out the information. As long as it is true it is reality whether you like it or not. Censoring so much is like the old USSR and ChiComs and Muslim Extremists - it is not a good thing.

So, do a short article and allow discussion here.

Guys, why is Ed Ruth not wrestling? I gather he is suspended for some reason.

Yet it appears you censor topics about it.

WHY?

Obviously you don't believe many who visit are mature enough to read the truth and think about it. We are. Knowing what is true really cuts down on asinine speculation. A suspension of this National Champion is newsworthy and as such is worth discussing here. Your keeping it out is a Junior High move. Grow up and grow a pair and put out the information. As long as it is true it is reality whether you like it or not. Censoring so much is like the old USSR and ChiComs and Muslim Extremists - it is not a good thing.

So, do a short article and allow discussion here.

I'm pretty sure it is TheMat policy not to allow disciplinary or legal discussions here.

SHP you may be correct and mores the pity. I agree with Zelph on this. Sitting a marquee name like Ruth calls for a statement. He is not a minor and PSU is paying him big bucks (full ride). He is worth the ride for sure but usually with fortune comes fame or infamy, as the case calls for it. Squelching discussion, generally speaking, is inappropriate. I thought when JB got promoted those days would be over.

I think this censorship is ridiculous. If you're going to do it, though, censor it every time someone gets in trouble. I've seen plenty of threads not deleted when guys get in trouble for various moronic reasons. There is no reason Ed Ruth should be any different than any other athlete when it comes to protecting him on a message board.

Tigs-Wasn't the first Ruth thread deleted? Even if it wasn't you still bring nothing to this forum. Every time you post everyone gets dumber. Excuses and cover for Penn St. and no insightful or positive info on any other team or wrestler. There are at least 20 other posters who bring to the table exactly what you bring. You have no business calling out anyone's intellect. Glass houses....pots and kettles....etc.

Someone besides this genius confirm or deny the first Ruth thread being deleted for my own piece of mind please. I've let this guy mind f me.

Tigs-Wasn't the first Ruth thread deleted? Even if it wasn't you still bring nothing to this forum. Every time you post everyone gets dumber. Excuses and cover for Penn St. and no insightful or positive info on any other team or wrestler. There are at least 20 other posters who bring to the table exactly what you bring. You have no business calling out anyone's intellect. Glass houses....pots and kettles....etc.

Someone besides this genius confirm or deny the first Ruth thread being deleted for my own piece of mind please. I've let this guy mind f me.

You are pretty quick to call people dumb. You constantly berade others for not having the same opinion as you, then freak out on everybody else who do the same. The term hypocrite comes to mind. Other than your annoying Iowa homerism (which you freak out on PSU fans for their homerism) you bring nothing to the table as well. Matter of fact, the majority of the posters on here seem to lack any wrestling intelligence. Many were lousy wrestlers living through others anyway. This forum has become a place where a couple douchey Iowa fans bicker back and forth with PSU fans about the same stuff over and over again. People like you are more interested in drama on a forum, than the wrestling itself. You can tell by the multiple lack of threads about all the wrestling that goes on, and only threads filled with school girl drama. I love how there was no thread asking for predictions and peoples thoughts on the all-star meet, but there are 30 bull**** threads a week about garbage that turns into schoolgirl drama-esque drubbery. Its pathetic. You guys are a bunch of bitches.

Sad thing is, we are into the first full week of the season so we finally have wrestling to talk about and these guys are crying because they thought the Ruth thread got deleted when it just got knocked off the first page by real wrestling discussions.....Pathetic!

Yeah I mean God forbid we talk about purely wrestling, and stop being so concerned with the drama that can surround it. Like I said barely any words spoken on the multiple open tournaments right now, or the all-star meet, but we had dozens on Tessari, Camp, Ruth, 3456 on Taylor vs Dake that led to the consensus that David Taylor sucks and Dake is God. It's dumb. 100 threads on Mocco, Andrew Long got probably 1000 posts regarding his legal woes, same with the Alton's. Get a grip. Don't even get me started on the Cael did Haines dirty and he's a pile of garbage threads.

The first thread got deleted dumb azz. You're not even talking about the same thing. You are as pathetic as it gets Tigs. Arguing a point no one is arguing is the very definition of stupid. Respond to the claim that the first Ruth thread got deleted moron. Jesus christ.

Dr. G -

You have clearly jumped the shark. I am fairly uninterested re: PSU / Iowa, and I can set my watch to your responses to anything concerning either. Blatantly snarky PSU posts at all times. You try to mix it up with back hand compliments or grudging admittance of the obvious, but you really need to step away from the keyboard for a while. You've deluded yourself into thinking that your internet personality and avatar are in some way enriching.

Case in point - there is no discussion at all of "The initial" thread. It is about allowing a discussion of Ruth. That discussion currently resides on Page 2. You are 1000% incorrect. Admit to it, or even better, keep the cork in it.

Again, please step back and realize you are contributing to the Facebook mindset on here.

Thanks,

T.

Dr. G -

You have clearly jumped the shark. I am fairly uninterested re: PSU / Iowa, and I can set my watch to your responses to anything concerning either. Blatantly snarky PSU posts at all times. You try to mix it up with back hand compliments or grudging admittance of the obvious, but you really need to step away from the keyboard for a while. You've deluded yourself into thinking that your internet personality and avatar are in some way enriching.

Case in point - there is no discussion at all of "The initial" thread. It is about allowing a discussion of Ruth. That discussion currently resides on Page 2. You are 1000% incorrect. Admit to it, or even better, keep the cork in it.

Again, please step back and realize you are contributing to the Facebook mindset on here.

Thanks,

T.

Pretty much spot on.

My goodness. Not talking about the discussion on page two. The discussion that started a few hours before that one on the same day. We are talking about two separate Ruth threads. I can't state it any clearer. Perhaps in my shark jumping I lost how to clearly explain what I mean. I apologize.

I've seen plenty of threads not deleted when guys get in trouble for various moronic reasons. There is no reason Ed Ruth should be any different than any other athlete when it comes to protecting him on a message board.

Can you recall specific examples of this? During the three years I had the unenviable task of moderating this board, we kept a consistent hard line about legal and disciplinary issues. Any legal matter was removed. There would also be a decision made to remove threads when some of the dregs of this board would turn things into personal attacks and p*ssing contests that had nothing to do with the subject matter.

This isn't a board I moderate anymore, but since you brought up "plenty of threads" -- I'd like to see some examples, since the time from December 1, 2009-October 1, 2012 was on my watch.

Some of you didn't like how I did things, but I was universally consistent.

Many times, it's not the topics that cause deletion, rather the jackassery some of the less mature people who can register for a forum bring to the table. Basically, the donks ruin things for everyone else. I believe there are plenty of rational people who can handle discussing topics responsibly and respectfully without casting libelous statements around -- then there's the people who see someone's indiscretion as carte blanche to tee off on a school or fanbase, regardless of who it is.

In my experience, the topic itself wasn't the problem, but too many times, they'd spiral out of control forcing things to be shut down and removed. Some of you people cannot be responsible adults. I believe most of you can.

"Where did the thread go? Why would TheMat find it necessary to delete a thread when PSU folks haven't done so on their scout board?"

That is Lu-Alum's first post in the SECOND Ruth thread. Why would he post that if the first one wasn't deleted? There is not reason I should have to spell this out to you morons. No one said the second thread was deleted. Tigs ran his mouth like he always does and I corrected him. Actually I asked for someone to remind me if I was right about the first one being deleted. It was two days ago and I wanted confirmation I was correct. The one idiot said I'm 1000% wrong so I'd like Lu-Alum to clarify please.

Now listen I don't give a damn if you like me or what I have to say. I don't care how you interpret what I have to say. I don't care if you think I'm an Iowa homer or hate Penn St. I'm going to say what I think is right 100% of the time. If you don't like it go fly a kite.

JB-Perhaps what I'm referring to is just discipline as opposed to legal and that's why they weren't deleted? But I don't think so. Were there varying degrees of legal being deleted? Like say traffic ticket stays up and attempted rape was deleted? I really don't want to post the instances here and start a holy war. That's why I didn't in the first place. I wasn't trying to feed into the Gonzo defends Iowa and pisses on PSU stereotype, so I just said I've seen them not deleted. By the way I thought you did a fine job as moderator. I know a lot didn't like you but I sure did. I don't know if I ever got the chance to tell you that. If I didn't I'm sorry. I miss you sometimes.

Also, I don't have nor would I ever have a facebook. I have no idea what that mentality is. I have a twitter. Maybe I feed into the twitter mentality? That's very possible. By the way, other than the three guys above who are clearly not Gonzo fans, please feel free to follow the good Dr. on twitter for opinions just as solid as these on a variety of topics, not just wrestling. {End shameless plug}

Sadly anymore around here I don't. Doesn't mean I'll stop trying though. I gave you at least 3 posts talking about the first thread. Got so angry at your denseness I called you a potty word. Then went back and referenced lu-alum's first post. I can't help you guys out anymore than that, but like I said, I won't stop trying.

As I look back now my first post in response to you berating these guys was to reference the first post being deleted. My point was SHP and ltwtlooker bring a thousand times more to this board than you do. You talking about anyone's intellect is the most ridiculous thing I've ever read.

Didn't mean to slight Tec, he is another poster you've got no business questioning his intellect.

You are pretty quick to call people dumb. You constantly berade others for not having the same opinion as you, then freak out on everybody else who do the same. The term hypocrite comes to mind. Other than your annoying Iowa homerism (which you freak out on PSU fans for their homerism) you bring nothing to the table as well. Matter of fact, the majority of the posters on here seem to lack any wrestling intelligence. Many were lousy wrestlers living through others anyway. This forum has become a place where a couple douchey Iowa fans bicker back and forth with PSU fans about the same stuff over and over again. People like you are more interested in drama on a forum, than the wrestling itself. You can tell by the multiple lack of threads about all the wrestling that goes on, and only threads filled with school girl drama. I love how there was no thread asking for predictions and peoples thoughts on the all-star meet, but there are 30 **** threads a week about garbage that turns into schoolgirl drama-esque drubbery. Its pathetic. You guys are a bunch of bitches.

...at least we can spell "berate" bitch.............

Tiger, care to provide a link to the Ruth discussion that is on the second page. I cant locate it there. The topics that show on my second page are from the middle of October, which Ed Ruth wasn't even suspended at that time. What are you seeing that I am not?

Ocho-It's on my first page. I still don't see the first Ruth thread that was deleted. Tigs see's it apparently. Certainly won't admit it got deleted. I gotta let this go for tonight boys I have a Chefs game to freak out about the rest of the night. For what it's worth Cornercoach you made me lol. I didn't want to call the beeach out on his spelling of berate for fear my main message would be lost. I gave these guys too much credit. Thanks for the laugh man. Talk to you and at some of you tomorrow. If the Chiefs are 10-0 it'll be nirvana for the good Dr. If they lose I'm taking my frustration out and "berating" Tigs all day.