Sign in to follow this  
Zelph

Admin - Why NO Ruth discussion?

1. There WASa "1st" Ruth thread that has apparently disappeared

2. Ruth is a HUGE star in NCAA wrestling - and his performance this season should be front page news

3. Likewise, if he isn't starting - it, too, should be front page news for the wrestling community

Any notion that the wrestling community should be kept in the dark about our sports stars status is short sighted at best. As we're all in agreement that growing our sports is in everyone's best interest, it is contrary to that spirit that we try to hide current events.

These current events, positive and negative, are tremendously helpful in promoting the sport. Imagine an NFL where the only news you hear is scores on Sunday... the injuries, benching, suspensions, etc. are all part of the what is current, and all helps keep the fans in the fold.

Take off the PSU colored or non-PSU colored, glasses... and see that we have interested fans wanting to hear an announcement. Give the fans some answers. Without the fans, our favorite sport won't exist. Let's set the priority for the fans where it belongs - right at the top.

What in the world are you talking about? Here is a link to the current Ruth thread that discusses his suspension.

Amazing how important this is to you guys considering all the wrestling going on this weekend.

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=246637

Not sure if u are directing that message at me. I wanted to read the thread and couldn't find it on the second page as u suggested. Apparently its a big deal to discuss some hear say over one of our sport's greatest stars. This subject appears to be important to you as well since you have been reading and posting on this topic and I would assume have done the same on the other. Thanks for the link.

Give the fans some answers. Without the fans, our favorite sport won't exist. Let's set the priority for the fans where it belongs - right at the top.

The precedent set by some wrestling fans is the reason for the rules being put into place. Some of you can't handle the conversation maturely enough. There's some fans this sport doesn't need ... and those are the fans who typically enjoy people's fall from grace.

That's who's ruined it. Blaming the rules isn't the problem. The problem was the people who find it necessary to attack, pick, prod and outright ENJOY when college wrestlers get in trouble for one reason or another.

The discussion point itself isn't the issue, it's how some people use this (and other) boards to tee off on people rather than use it as a healthy discussion.

Without the fans, the sport wouldn't exists ... but without the jerk fans, these problems wouldn't exist either.

For the record....

The first thread about the Ruth suspension was indeed deleted.

Maybe the reason for doing that was a good one..... things got heated or inappropriate, leading to the mod deleting it. JB could correct me if I'm wrong, but in the past, sometimes a thread would be "locked" when things got too extreme.

Anyway, soon after the first thread was deleted, a second one was created, which is where these came from:

Ruth

by lu_alum » Thu Nov 14, 2013 4:32 pm

Where did the thread go? Why would TheMat find it necessary to delete a thread when PSU folks haven't done so on their scout board?

Re: Ruth

by scribe » Thu Nov 14, 2013 4:37 pm

I had to go to theopenmat forums for the latest in that.

Re: Ruth

by rossel3 » Thu Nov 14, 2013 4:49 pm

Learn anything? Btw, I don't see a reason to ban factual info, done respectfully. The PSU and Iowa forums have still kept the threads open.

Rossel-The first thread was deleted!!?? That's shocking!! Wish I hadn't had to deal with Tigs denseness and be called names yesterday when I was right from like the 6th post in the topic and on. Oh well so is life on a wrestling message board. Be nice if you'd had my back yesterday bro!!! :D

I have no idea on what Ruth may have done.

If it was achohol related, I'm surprised there has not been any news in the CDT or or any other real news organization.

Consider that the incident may have occurred out of town.

hence the "or any other real news organization."

I was just treading carefully with my hints, given the hypersensitivity this topic is getting. The CDT may only cover the happy valley police blotter.

This was not a comment about you or your news reading abilities.

Give the fans some answers. Without the fans, our favorite sport won't exist. Let's set the priority for the fans where it belongs - right at the top.

The precedent set by some wrestling fans is the reason for the rules being put into place. Some of you can't handle the conversation maturely enough. There's some fans this sport doesn't need ... and those are the fans who typically enjoy people's fall from grace.

That's who's ruined it. Blaming the rules isn't the problem. The problem was the people who find it necessary to attack, pick, prod and outright ENJOY when college wrestlers get in trouble for one reason or another.

The discussion point itself isn't the issue, it's how some people use this (and other) boards to tee off on people rather than use it as a healthy discussion.

Without the fans, the sport wouldn't exists ... but without the jerk fans, these problems wouldn't exist either.

Fair enough. It does seem that the average maturity level of fans on the forums could/should be higher. And the task of censoring is virtually impossible to be well received. Very unfortunate - a shame, really, that we don't all realize that we're all on the same side.

Back just in time for tOSU and Iowa. He misses Rider, Lehigh, Lock Haven, Boston Univ, and Pitt. How convenient.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Missing the BJC event with Pitt I'm sure hurts ticket sales for an event they wanted to see break attendance records, and I'm sure hurts Ruth who likely wanted to compete at that event.

Crickets??? Really??? I can certainly ask the same question in another manner. I was just trying to be civil. If it takes extremism to point some things out or to just make a point I can certainly play that game too. I'll ask one more time nicely. "Why is it cynical or crying or insulting to you guys if these other posters think Cael planned it that way? I don't follow."

Crickets??? Really??? I can certainly ask the same question in another manner. I was just trying to be civil. If it takes extremism to point some things out or to just make a point I can certainly play that game too. I'll ask one more time nicely. "Why is it cynical or crying or insulting to you guys if these other posters think Cael planned it that way? I don't follow."

For probably the exact same reason the Iowa fans were all upset about people questioning Brands motive on the lifting of MM's "permanent" ban from the team.

Does Penn St. ever do anything wrong that doesn't have relevance to another team? The David Taylor wrestles s**t competition but so does Nate Moore from Iowa defense gets super old and, frankly, is not very creative. Does anyone have an answer that doesn't involve another team? My question was about Penn St. folks. And it wasn't an insulting question. I can and will go there though. If you'd like.