Sign in to follow this  
LordNelson

Guys out of the gate early

John Nicholson of Iowa State

Nicholson got beat by Mizzou true freshman Joey LaVallee at the Harold Nichols Open. Granted, LaVallee is gonna be really good, but hard to say that's off to a great start for Nicholson, isn't it?

Then lets put Joey LaVallee on this list.

J'Den Cox of Missouri. Would not be surprised to see him top 4 as a true freshman.

Edit* Zain Retherford has really impressed me. While I thought he was good coming out of high school I did not expect to see him at this level right out of the gate. Props to the Penn State frosh.

^^I don't think Tyler Walker is on the Campbell wrestling roster this season. I think he's been entering open tournaments unattached - not competing for the Camels. I simply do not know whether Tyler is enrolled this fall as a full time student. I certainly would like to see him competing for Campbell in the future. He's talented!

^^I don't think Tyler Walker is on the Campbell wrestling roster this season. I think he's been entering open tournaments unattached - not competing for the Camels. I simply do not know whether Tyler is enrolled this fall as a full time student. I certainly would like to see him competing for Campbell in the future. He's talented!

Are Tyler Walker and Drew Walker different people? Drew is listed in the OPC and sometimes the OPC uses the formal first name but the kid goes by another one.

Ross Larson rsf for OU at 285 looked very good yesterday in two matches. Especially beating Joe Stolfi of Bucknell who was ranked 13th. Ross is excellent with legs, weighs about 230. He was a 3-sport star at Ankeny, Iowa. Nice to have him for 4 years.

Ross Larson rsf for OU at 285 looked very good yesterday in two matches. Especially beating Joe Stolfi of Bucknell who was ranked 13th. Ross is excellent with legs, weighs about 230. He was a 3-sport star at Ankeny, Iowa. Nice to have him for 4 years.

"speaking of" yesterday, true-frosh Victor Lopez of Bucknell (who has taken a few early season losses this season) pinned 2 ranked wrestlers on Bucknell's Oklahoma swing yesterday.

Feikert from OSU and Lester of OU.

true-frosh Victor Lopez of Bucknell (who has taken a few early season losses this season) pinned 2 ranked wrestlers on Bucknell's Oklahoma swing yesterday.

Feikert from OSU and Lester of OU.

He won Reno ToC and made it to the finals of CA State (lost to Nash0n Garrett) as a frosh in HS then coasted to DNP, 4th, 3rd. I suspect his college career will take a similar turn.

His senior year at the Iowa State HS Championships he was pinning his opponents so quickly the local newspaper printed " Larson's wrestling like he's double-parked."

Nolan Boyd

No disrespect to Nolan Boyd...but being 1-0 by pinning an unranked wrestler doesn't quite rise to the

level of "out of the gate early" as I am interpreting it to mean here.

He also won the OCU Open and has victories over the highly recruited duo of Kyle Crutchmer and Jordan Rogers to earn the starting spot.

Nolan Boyd

No disrespect to Nolan Boyd...but being 1-0 by pinning an unranked wrestler doesn't quite rise to the

level of "out of the gate early" as I am interpreting it to mean here.

He also won the OCU Open and has victories over the highly recruited duo of Kyle Crutchmer and Jordan Rogers to earn the starting spot.

When I read all these posts about being surprised Retherford is this good this soon it seems weird to me that the biggest "PSU hater" on these boards would be the loudest advocate that Retherford was going to be this good this soon. And the biggest Ed Ruth fan. Is this weird to anyone else? I think I just humblebragged myself in this post......

Drew walker is listed at Cambell, here are his results from msu open

Freshman/Sophomore 133 - Drew Walker's place is 4th and has scored 15.50 team points.

Champ. Round 1 - Drew Walker (Campbell) won by fall over Joel Shump (Ohio) (Fall 4:52)

Champ. Round 2 - Drew Walker (Campbell) won by tech fall over Andrew Frey (Indianapolis) (TF 17-0)

Quarterfinal - Drew Walker (Campbell) won by decision over Vinny Punzone (Notre Dame (Ohio)) (Dec 13-6)

Semifinal - Kyle Springer (Indiana) won by decision over Drew Walker (Campbell) (Maj 12-3)

3rd Place Match - George Fisher (Michigan) won by major decision over Drew Walker (Campbell) (Maj 15-4)

When I read all these posts about being surprised Retherford is this good this soon it seems weird to me that the biggest "PSU hater" on these boards would be the loudest advocate that Retherford was going to be this good this soon. And the biggest Ed Ruth fan. Is this weird to anyone else? I think I just humblebragged myself in this post......

Typical PSU haters post.

Ha ha.