Sign in to follow this  
TBar1977

Haines wants Nevills

Thomas Haines seems like a very classy kid in this video. He hopes to wrestle Nevills at Dapper Dan, and who can blame him. Says the whole Penn State thing is just fuel to get better.

Even as a Penn State wrestling fan, I will always root for this kid to do well.

http://lancasteronline.com/article/loca ... aines.html

As an Ohio State fan, I'm excited to see this kid in Columbus.

It will be great if we can get Haines vs. Nevills a few times in college. Haines is a great athlete. Incredibly active at 220lbs and he just worked guys over. Just needs a little work on positioning and technique.

This Penn State fan is pulling for him.

I'm pulling for them both. I like watching heavyweights. I'm always one of the six guys left in the building watching the heavyweights, and giving them the respect they deserve, when everyone else has bolted at the end of the sessions. I really don't care what Cael did to Haines (it's just an easy jab at the PSU faithful). Cael wanted Nevills more and he gets paid a lot to make that call. Haines to tOSU is a good fit. I think this worked out great for everyone. I'll be excited to see them go in high school and for sure at the next level. I like Haines approach and attitude about his whole thing.

I have a feeling the Dapper Dan could be a must-see event this year. Not many times you get not one, but TWO, PA 4-time champs going to non-PA schools after both committing to Penn State, only to (potentially) face Penn State recruits in their respective weight classes.

I thought Nevills/Haines would be the draw, but now you have Marstellar/Nickal as well. Can't get much higher drama and more personal. I hope they both happen.

I'm jumping the gun, but I hope wrestling takes this opportunity to "sell" and promote some great stories that would interest people beyond the wrestling community.

As an Ohio State fan, I'm excited to see this kid in Columbus.

It will be great if we can get Haines vs. Nevills a few times in college. Haines is a great athlete. Incredibly active at 220lbs and he just worked guys over. Just needs a little work on positioning and technique.

This Penn State fan is pulling for him.

I will be pulling for both Haines and Marstellar unless they are are wrestling someone from PSU. Then, I want them to lose and lose badly. As for the Dapper Dan, I will pull for them both even if they are matched up against PSU recruits. Afterall, they will be representing the state of Pennsylvania.

To me they'll be representing the states of Ohio and Oklahoma but I'm not from Pennsylvania. I don't want to derail this thread I just want to state a quick opinion, I don't think Marstellar loses badly to anyone, even if he starts next year. Just an opinion. Back to Nevills and Haines.

To me they'll be representing the states of Ohio and Oklahoma but I'm not from Pennsylvania. I don't want to derail this thread I just want to state a quick opinion, I don't think Marstellar loses badly to anyone, even if he starts next year. Just an opinion. Back to Nevills and Haines.

I certainly don't understand your reasoning behind that one considering they both spent their high school careers In Pennsylvania. Also, they will be wrestling for the state of Pennsylvania in the Dapper Dan. So what if Nevills beats Haines, Pennsylvania gets the points since he's going to PSU? Hmm.. If you say so...

Also, I don't think either ever really represents the state in which they are going to college. To me, they represent the universities..not the state.

I also don't think Marstellar loses badly to anyone..doesn't mean I won't be rooting for it to happen against PSU. As for Haines/Nevills.. that should be a great match. I kinda wished Cael didn't pursue Nevills but none of no one has the right to second guess a coach coming off of 3 consecutive titles..

It really wasn't clear I was referring to Haines and Marstellar once they're in college? I say so many things worth arguing and this is what gets you? I wasn't even trying to be insulting on this one. Back to Haines and Nevills.

It really wasn't clear I was referring to Haines and Marstellar once they're in college? I say so many things worth arguing and this is what gets you? I wasn't even trying to be insulting on this one. Back to Haines and Nevills.
Who said I was arguing with you? Just said your reasoning didn't make sense. If you read my original post, you'd have clearly seen that I was talking about the Dapper Dan classic, not college.

Bo Nickal comes to the Stampede (awful name but great tournament, please check it out, it's an extremely tough high school tournament, with a unique setup and VERY WELL run) so I've seen a lot of him but I'll still take Chance everyday of the week. Side note I think its ridiculous Penn St. gets Nickal! How can Oklahoma not get that kid!! I'll give Cael one thing he may just hand pick a guy here and there but he picks the right ones! As far as Haines and Nevills I have no prediction. I guess I'll say Nevills very close.

Township-I assumed the Oklahoma and Ohio part did make it clear. It's my fault for assuming and I take full responsibility for the confusion. I will try to be more clear in the future. Back to Nevills and Haines.

Bo Nickal comes to the Stampede (awful name but great tournament, please check it out, it's an extremely tough high school tournament, with a unique setup and VERY WELL run) so I've seen a lot of him but I'll still take Chance everyday of the week. Side note I think its ridiculous Penn St. gets Nickal! How can Oklahoma not get that kid!! I'll give Cael one thing he may just hand pick a guy here and there but he picks the right ones! As far as Haines and Nevills I have no prediction. I guess I'll say Nevills very close.

Yeah..I thought the same thing about Nickal and was certain he was going to Oklahoma. I also felt the same way about Marstellar. How does Oklahoma State get him and not Penn State? Ridiculous.. Wish I knew the whole story around the change of heart.

don't know how much truth in it ...........but a high up mucky muck in the world of wrestling told me........ "i heard Marstellar wanted an Oly redshirt in 2016 and Cael said no John said yes"

If true that is a LOT of cahonies considering the bumps in the road to the 16 Olympics for him.

wouldn't have put a rumor on here except for the person who told me has ALWAYS been credible.

No matter who the coach is I think it would be ignorant to let Marstellar go over an Olympic red shirt year. Of course John would say yes! A ton of guys far less talented than Marstellar take Olympic years. I've heard a lot people say this is the reason too. It's very hard for me to believe that Cael would do that.

Marsteller has a better chance at making the 2016 Olympics in rhythm gymnastics than he does in wrestling. Good for Cael if he told him so. I am not a PSU fan, but Cael is trying to build something historic and you can't have guys taking off on wild goose chases.

is Haines AAA or AA?

Haines is AAA

I think, Good for Chance to shoot for 2016 and also good for Pico to wrestle at the Senior level. Great and unpredictable accomplishments will only happen if you have the balls to try. I am sure people said the same thing when Jimmy Carr entered opens at 16 yrs old. He won Midlands and made the Olympic team as a 17 yr old.

These kids are going for it while clowns sit behind a keyboard and try and knock them for trying.

jstock-if Chance took an Olympic Redshirt year-he would not be in school so their is no scholarship money to give him. Although that is one of the rumors that Cael did not want him to take an Olympic shirt. But who knows.