How hot is your wrestling room

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 blane

blane
  • Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 04:29 AM

What is your temperature set at and how hot do you like your wrestling room? What is the ideal temperature and what is your philosophy?

#2 blane

blane
  • Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 01:33 PM

over 1740 views and not one reply, what gives?

#3 sbdude

sbdude

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 400 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 01:31 PM

Our room is warm but not hot. Excess heat interferes with their ability to work hard the entire practice. Extra heat does not do anything for conditioning but actually diminishes it as they can't work as hard for as long. And if they get too hot, they lose focus and technique suffers.

#4 OBJoeB

OBJoeB

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 373 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 06:46 PM

over 1740 views and not one reply, what gives?

I'm long out of high school but our room was hot, it was a small room in an old building built like a fortress. I remember our coach occasionally opening an outside door to get some cool air in and sometimes we had kids from local high schools workout with us and many of them commented on how hot the room was and I know some of them were in rooms that turned the heater up.

It wouldn't have surprised me if some days that room was in the high 90s. I welcomed my college's room - old basketball gym so no chance on turning up the heat and a lot of mat space. I do remember some teammates freaking out over how they'd cut weight in a room like that; coach had the appropriate answer, "Cut weight on your own time."

From the few high school rooms I've been in since, almost all have been kept at a normal temperature.

#5 blane

blane
  • Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 03:05 AM

Thanks for the replies, that confirms what I already knew.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users