Sign in to follow this  
PA-Fan

Marty's Miserably Failed Predections.

Since it is known that Marty has made many ridiculous and insanely inaccurate predictions over the years, but at the same time later attempts to weasel his way out of them and not stick to what he actually said, it seems like there should be a common reference area for said outrageous predictions.

I will start with an easy and obvious one:

Prediction: David Taylor will not be able to AA until at least his junior year.

Actual Outcome: Taylor has an 1 NCAA Title, 1 Hodge, 1 runner up finish, and 1 loss in his first two seasons.

Addition Notes: This is also the prediction that lost Marty any integrity he may have had left. He vowed if Taylor won the Big 10s as a freshman, he would withdrawal from the College boards (no such luck :? )

Any other come to mind??

Taylor won't major Gresheimer. Result-Taylor wins 25-12.

Corey Jantzen would be a multi-time champ. Result-No AA finishes for Jantzen.

Arujua would be an ncaa finalist his frosh year. Result-No AA finishes yet for Arujua.

This could be a fun thread :D

And before we get the usual Marty rant, yes we have all made predictions on here and they have then turned out to be wrong but nobody else on here seems to be so bold and brash with their predictions as Marty has been. It's as if everyone of his bold predictions fail miserably.

Another that just came to mind was when he made a prediction about Jantzen beating Mason in their dual or a tournament last year. I mean he made a score prediction and everything right before the match happened. What was the result????? Jantzen gets injured in the match and that was the end of his season and ultimately career I believe since he was a senior.

His Taylor predictions would be enough to fill it's own thread. I do get a kick out of him picking the wrong NY wrestlers to get behind, though. I think he was down on both Nickerdoodles and Dake, wasn't he?

Oh he was just saying in another thread that he was high on Dake since his sophomore year of HS. lol.

His Taylor predictions would be enough to fill it's own thread. I do get a kick out of him picking the wrong NY wrestlers to get behind, though. I think he was down on both Nickerdoodles and Dake, wasn't he?

Oh he was just saying in another thread that he was high on Dake since his sophomore year of HS. lol.

scribe can set us straight.

Hofstra would drop wrestling , after they dropped there football team, wrong again!!! hofstra would never have aa again after coach ryan left for ohio... wrong again. my son would never aa... wrong again 3 strikes youir out of here!!!!:lol: :lol: ;)

Hofstra would drop wrestling , after they dropped there football team, wrong again!!! hofstra would never have aa again after coach ryan left for ohio... wrong again. my son would never aa... wrong again 3 strikes youir out of here!!!!:lol: :lol: ;)

If that was the rule Marty would have been banned about 7 hours or so after he joined the boards way back when.

The thing with this thread is that he makes so many predictions and they are so wrong 98.6% of the time(even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while) that I think those of us that have been around here so long have learned to tune out his predictions unless they are so over the top like his Taylor ones. So it's hard to really list some of his truly bad predictions.

The thing with this thread is that he makes so many predictions and they are so wrong 98.6% of the time(even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while) that I think those of us that have been around here so long have learned to tune out his predictions unless they are so over the top like his Taylor ones. So it's hard to really list some of his truly bad predictions.

by LImartin[highlight=#ecf3f7]» 10 Nov 2011, 15:57[/highlight]

[highlight=#ecf3f7]Almost like most of you - who file your taxes with DONATIONs/ CONSTRIBUTIONS as being legitimate...LOL. You are are men of your word for sure. Get over the FACT....Cause most of you were saying "4X NCAA" Champ. I guess it is just an Ohio- thang !! Heard this same tale not too long ago. [/highlight]

[highlight=#ecf3f7]This year it will be about [/highlight][highlight=#ecf3f7]Stieber[/highlight][highlight=#ecf3f7] and Taylor yet, it still comes down to MARCH MATNESS !!! 20 yrs from now- you'all will be hard to remember who finished second in any NCAA Finals. [/highlight]

[highlight=#ecf3f7]btw- How many GREAT wrestlers were "decked" in the NCAA Finals ??? So, you can ALL "stuff it" until the "CHOSEN ONE" has earned his Gold Medal until then- I look like a genius !!!!!!!!!!!! [/highlight]

[highlight=#ecf3f7]Can anyone say ???......DAKE- DAKE....DAKE !!!!!!!!!!!!!![/highlight]

[highlight=#ecf3f7]Almost like most of you - who file your taxes with DONATIONs/ CONSTRIBUTIONS as being legitimate...LOL. You are are men of your word for sure. Get over the FACT....Cause most of you were saying "4X NCAA" Champ. I guess it is just an Ohio- thang !! Heard this same tale not too long ago. [/highlight]

[highlight=#ecf3f7]This year it will be about [/highlight][highlight=#ecf3f7]Stieber[/highlight][highlight=#ecf3f7] and Taylor yet, it still comes down to MARCH MATNESS !!! 20 yrs from now- you'all will be hard to remember who finished second in any NCAA Finals. [/highlight]

[highlight=#ecf3f7]btw- How many GREAT wrestlers were "decked" in the NCAA Finals ??? So, you can ALL "stuff it" until the "CHOSEN ONE" has earned his Gold Medal until then- I look like a genius !!!!!!!!!!!! [/highlight]

[highlight=#ecf3f7]Can anyone say ???......DAKE- DAKE....DAKE !!!!!!!!!!!!!![/highlight]

When did he post this?

I remember that one lol.

Somehow Taylor getting pinned in the NCAA finals freshman year = Taylor not becoming an AA until his Junior year...therefore Marty's prediction was spot on and he looks like a genius!!

:?:

Oh to be in his mind for a day....

"So, yes...I stand by "Taylor not AAing next season"- and we'll have to wait until '11-'12. I also have Lou Ruggirello a NCAA Finalist next season at 133 lbs."

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=2386

"Scarlet Knights will be very solid in the next two-four years."-I guess he still has a chance on this one.....

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=2391&p=26650#p26650

I'm looking for some more gems. lol

Here is the thread where he makes his bet to get off the college boards.

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=3818

Marty-"If Taylor wins the Big 10 at 157 this year....I will STOP posting on the College Board"

Threadkilla-"Promise?"

Marty-"PROMISE....

If, Molinaro wins 149/ and Taylor 157....I use to think the BIG 10 was "tough" ???...LOL. Just 5-10 years ago-Im sure some guys who were lower AAs wish they had a shot this year."

He even tried covering his butt by saying Molinaro had to win as well and he still failed.

Marty- "I didnt want to get into this....Molinaro has every right to be the BIG 10 Champ- no doubt . Ive always felt his "game" is limited. GOOD but, limited. Taylor in his second year goes from Opens to Big 10 Champ...hmmm, Im perplexed- I see David Taylor as being a definite influence this year in the BIG 10 yet, if he wins it...then I think it wasnt a PHYSICAL weight class in the BIG 10...Sorry, I see him getting beat- Cant make the prediction. Just seems PRACTICAL to me.

BTW- I see this kid/ Taylor emerging as a Top DI wrestler- if staying healthy . I just dont know about the physicality needed/ he has at this weight- 157 is brutal. So, we'll see"

Except he still lives under the illusion that Dake lost in his section that year to Devon Brown, and refuses to believe in it.

That is when Ian Paddock and Steve Dutton were going to win everything from day 1.

"lol....Greisheimer beats Clemente 11-5 and loses 4-3 to #16 Salazar...lol. He will come back STRONGER- .

Gresh will be in the Top 4 - next year...and he may be a backdoor AA- THIS YEAR....He will definitely knock off a few Top guys this season."

Also check out this thread and enjoy the Taylor comments.

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=5193

(I'm bored and my wife has in a stupid movie so that's why I'm even taking the time to look this crap up. :D )

not a bad prediction, but a bad question in trying to downgrade DT-

[highlight=#ecf3f7]btw- How many GREAT wrestlers were "decked" in the NCAA Finals ???[/highlight]

[highlight=#ecf3f7]Big Bruce (twice in fact)[/highlight]

[highlight=#ecf3f7]Dave Schultz[/highlight]

[highlight=#ecf3f7]Pat Santoro[/highlight]

[highlight=#ecf3f7]Kevin Randleman[/highlight]

[highlight=#ecf3f7]Brad Penrith[/highlight]

[highlight=#ecf3f7]I know great is a relative term, but there's some serious hardware in this little group off the top of my head. (5 wrestlers, 14 finals, 7 titles, PINNED 6 x in finals....buncha turtles, heck almost all their finals losses were by fall) [/highlight]

[highlight=#ecf3f7]wait though....I'm gonna get a retort cause Big B lost one of those to a NY guy Lou B and Santoro to NY guy Yozzo. But not the point....[/highlight]