Sign in to follow this  
PA-Fan

Marty's Miserably Failed Predections.

Stony Brook will have an NCAA DI Champion before Hofstra has another......Hofstra has major problems at 48,000 a year. Has anyone -anywhere ever mentioned that Stony Brook will be a DI Program- soon enough ??? oTHER THAN ME ???Cory Jantzen- beat some very good wrestlers in his injury prone career

What about the Gillespie's win over Schlatter....and how many Tiltes did Schlatter win ??

When everyone was preaching Kindig/Grajales and Taylor.....lol...Dake is now going for a fourth titile.

DO NOT count out either Gresheimer and/or Arujau..."trust me".

I gotta say I think a call out thread is probably not right to do. Either Marty just doesn't know wrestling or he just likes the negative attention. Either way the call out thread is probably not the grown up approach. However, having said that, when you make a bet to be gone and you aren't man enough stick to your bet, you deserve whatever ridicule you get. JB should have made sure that bet was enforced. Still for some reason I just feel sorry for Marty and I feel like you guys are picking on the handicapped kid and it makes me feel uncomfortable, yet I really don't want to stand up for him......

I gotta say I think a call out thread is probably not right to do. Either Marty just doesn't know wrestling or he just likes the negative attention. Either way the call out thread is probably not the grown up approach. However, having said that, when you make a bet to be gone and you aren't man enough stick to your bet, you deserve whatever ridicule you get. JB should have made sure that bet was enforced. Still for some reason I just feel sorry for Marty and I feel like you guys are picking on the handicapped kid and it makes me feel uncomfortable, yet I really don't want to stand up for him......

Well .... Flo had the Crust to fire him ....

Everyone can make bad, homer predictions. Not everyone can evaluate talent and the jump from HS to D1. To make up for all of his errors, now he tries to be larger than life and controversial. He insists on trying to stuff nonsense down our throats and pissing on everything and everyone. It would have been a better forum had he gone the way of Suzie.

ya think ???

Tell me, where and when did I say anything that could not make for a "better Forum" ??? My opinions may not be well delivered and many do not like my felonious assault on the English format of a sentence-and paragraph- my random capitalization etc. etc....yet, WHERE would any Forum be "better" ???

I actually think you guys are the BOTTOM FEEDERs who rarely make a stand...in prediction -at possibility. I have never been a CLONE of anyone- and CLONING imo so standard today."If, you dont vote with us -then you are against us".

BTW- What gives any of you the idea that I actually care about what you think of me..lol. Too funny !!! I stand behind what I have posted for over 15 years- Mainly, to try to develope interest in a Sport -that imo was never marketed correctly -still has the cult mentality and has never expanded it's boundaries in the proper fashion.

Now, about my predictions and my failures at predicting....Im done..lol !!! What gives anyone the RIGHT to question my motives and or the predictions. Never did I ever care whether I was right or wrong- There arent too many days in a year where I care "if, Im right or wrong". I can accept failure- loss- and I learn from both...Have and always will until I leave this Planet.

Lastly, on th FLO thing- and David Taylor. FLO is a GREAT site for Wrestling video. These guys do bust their butts videoing/ uploading-downloading /organizing trips etc. etc. They for the most part work tenuously to make the Product better for you. As for me, I was just an OUTSPOKEN guy about this Sport met with JoeFlo/ and then with Martin...was cordially invited to Austin, TX. Was involved in their State Series coverage of which the money received came from donors in the NY area. I did almost 15 coverages throughout NYS...mind you I am not that kida guy. I spent tormultuous hours uploading/downloading- for basically RE-IMBURSEMENT. When it was time to throw me a BONE -I was thrown to the CURB. That is straight up !!! No hard feelings - move on. I wont even go into the stuff that happened in Philly at the NCAA Tourney....such children !! lol.

DAVID TAYLOR- my Facebook friend...lol. I couldnt imagine anyone ever getting more ink than Dustin Schlatter..lol. Then wait a minute -another Ohioan getting MORE ink. This kid wasnt hyped too much was he..LOL !!! wHILE THIS WAS GOING ON- there were other wrestlers around the Nation who were considered underlings....one in particular was a kid named KYLE DAKE....and as you've seen the Wrestling Gods have kept close vigil on the Wrestling Balance .

LImarty has met alot of people on this road -of posting opinion for 15 + yrs. All around the Country I have been asked " You are from New York- Do you know that guy named Long Island Marty"- he's a jerk !! ?? In some cases -I laugh and say" yeah, I know him and I agree with them". It's ALL GOOD !!

FORUMs are about OPINION- Pro or Con. When it gets too "white washy" to me - it is time to dirty it up.

Stony Brook will have an NCAA DI Champion before Hofstra has another......Hofstra has major problems at 48,000 a year. Has anyone -anywhere ever mentioned that Stony Brook will be a DI Program- soon enough ??? oTHER THAN ME ???Cory Jantzen- beat some very good wrestlers in his injury prone career

What about the Gillespie's win over Schlatter....and how many Tiltes did Schlatter win ??

When everyone was preaching Kindig/Grajales and Taylor.....lol...Dake is now going for a fourth titile.

Marty: What do you have against Stony Brook!????

RIP Stony Brook

It's too late, because the timeline for the success you predicted has passed. You predicted finals and AA status for them years ago. Whatever they do now would not validate anything you said. You're already wrong.

But Sulzer > Stieber...You might be on to something there.

lol...

About 3-4 years ago I got the bug to not be so nice to Hofstra University- ONLY for one particular reason. COST....Cost has escalated to nearly 50,000 a year- and to coax competitive second teamers with little help of financial insentives has been nearly remote. Hence, why I believe Hofstra has struggled by year's end - each year. Their TOP DAWGs have to perform too hard and for too long- imo...also, basically losing chance at the TOP 1-2% recruits from New York, NJ, PA- They just go elsewhere.

Now, like I imagined and hoped for...Stony Brook has emerged as a viable DI Athletic participant- It is located in ONE of the Top hotbeds for High School wrestling- it's cost is around 18,000 a year. NO BRAINER to me that this might be the NEW AVENUE for some of NYS's top wrestlers. Just cost alone may get walk-ons - this is non issue at Hofstra.

curse this !!!! lol

lol...

About 3-4 years ago I got the bug to not be so nice to Hofstra University- ONLY for one particular reason. COST....Cost has escalated to nearly 50,000 a year- and to coax competitive second teamers with little help of financial insentives has been nearly remote. Hence, why I believe Hofstra has struggled by year's end - each year. Their TOP DAWGs have to perform to hard and for too long- imo. While basically losing chance at the TOP 1-2% recruits from New York, NJ, PA-

Now, like I imagined and hoped for...Stony Brook has emerged as a viable DI Athletic participant- It is located in ONE of the Top hotbeds for High School wrestling- it's cost is around 18,000 a year. NO BRAINER to me that this might be the NEW AVENUE for some of NYS's top wrestlers.

curse this !!!! lol

You guys aren't going to believe this, but the school is located...in Long Island.

"Cejudo wont make an Olympic Team"

"Cejudo wont beat Abas"

"55kg is by far our weakest weight in 2008 Olympics"

and my personal favorite:

"Cejudo would not be a 4 time NCAA champ, he might not even be a 4 time AA"...... this was after he won the Olympic Gold,,,, haha

hold on Dick Tracey....listen to Joe Jitsu !!!!

I stand whole heartedly about those quotes.

#1- Cejudo was down in every match at the Olympics - I believe- and he had to pull each victory out. PROPS to his never dieing end of the pursuit of Gold.

BUT.............JMO....nothing from these victories tells me he would beat , Nickerson, Robles and McD in Folkstyle each of these wrestlers had SUPERIOR mat/riding skills. Henry IMO- wouldnt have been so in command of neutral to these wrestlers- and IMO- would have been beaten soundly when the wrestling went to the mat.

Cejudo did EXACTLY what many gifted takedown wrestlers dont do- after High School and that is GO TO OTC. This was a very smart move for this wrestler and others should do the same especially, to those who arent gifted in the classroom.

Though it is humbling to see past bold predictions fall flat, and most of us have probably had some, LiMarty has had more than his share.

But I will say this, he is obviously a big fan and supporter of the sport, and writes entertaining posts. He doesn't trash wrestlers and occasionally makes good points. Though not often agreeing with him, I still enjoy reading his posts.