Sign in to follow this  
PA-Fan

Marty's Miserably Failed Predections.

hold on Dick Tracey....listen to Joe Jitsu !!!!

I stand whole heartedly about those quotes.

#1- Cejudo was down in every match at the Olympics - I believe- and he had to pull each victory out. PROPS to his never dieing end of the pursuit of Gold.

BUT.............JMO....nothing from these victories tells me he would beat , Nickerson, Robles and McD in Folkstyle each of these wrestlers had SUPERIOR mat/riding skills. Henry IMO- wouldnt have been so in command of neutral to these wrestlers- and IMO- would have been beaten soundly when the wrestling went to the mat.

Cejudo did EXACTLY what many gifted takedown wrestlers dont do- after High School and that is GO TO OTC. This was a very smart move for this wrestler and others should do the same especially, to those who arent gifted in the classroom.

haha, you are a piece of art! ..... now tell me who from Long Island would beat cejudo in their prime, just for kicks, any style

International Style- Paul Weiderman and maybe, Nick Gallo.......this is assuming you think wrestling is better now with LESS , International Travel- LESS quality competition today. So, ultimately wrestlers are not wrestling the BEST competition internally and externally. The above guys did.

College- Mike Picozzi, Mike Guistizia, Jeff Thomas, Howie Rabin, Bob Antonacci, Carl Destefanis, Al Palacio to name a couple. Both Palacio and Destefanis beat Bonomo in College- Picozzi beat Davis- and Nick Gallo beat the #1-#2-#3 seeds at the NCAA Tourney

HS- Billy Starke, Jeff Thomas, Mike Macchia, Al Palacio- just a few

.....lol...and a few girls too. !!!

This is by far, without question, the best thread I have or will ever start.

Also, the irony of Marty stating how he "stands by every prediction he's made in the last 15 years"... That alone was worth the starting of this thread, amazing!

I would simply point to the fact that you are still posting here as the main evidence of how you, in fact, do not stand by you predictions.

Yes, because, after all, EVERYONE has a 100% accuracy rate of predicting, and EVERYONE on here is smarter than LiMartin.

Whatever you have to do to make yourself feel better than someone else. Have fun, boys. :roll:

And everyone here has better fashion sense than you!

Yes, because, after all, EVERYONE has a 100% accuracy rate of predicting, and EVERYONE on here is smarter than LiMartin.

Whatever you have to do to make yourself feel better than someone else. Have fun, boys. :roll:

And everyone here has better fashion sense than you!

Thanks for posting the most ironic post I've ever read!

A homophobe who has a good sense of fashion! :lol: :lol: :lol:

The issue is not looking down on Marty for his failed predictions, as wildly inaccurate as numerous as they may be. The issue is calling him out on his dishonesty and lack of integrity.

If he stuck by his predictions, this thread would not exist.

He completely discredited Taylor and was totally wrong in his assessment of his ability at the D1 level. He was literally as wrong as you could possibly be. Does he simply admit this and move on? No. He attempts to justify and qualify his quoted statements from the past, and spin the context to something else entirely. The fact is he said a guy who has been to the finals 2 times in 2 season would not AA until his Junior year...but he wont simply admit it.

Kyle Dake was one of the few NY HS guys Marty was not completely high on right out of HS. Does he own up to this? No. Quite the opposite in fact. He attempts to make it seem as if he knew Dake would be as great as he is now all along, and always seems to tie this to Taylor coming out of HS. "Everyone said Taylor would be a 4 time champ, I knew Dake would be!)...nonsense

I suppose he forgets, or chooses to ignore, the fact that all of these things are quoted, in black and white, for anyone to reference.

His predictions, failed or not, are not the true target here...his dishonesty, lack of integrity, and overall ridiculousness are the true targets.

If you feel offended somehow by this, then simply don't read the thread.

Not offended by it, I just don't understand the logic in having to make one's self feel better than another person for a simple wrong prediction on a wrestling thread, for God's sake.

Where we done did growed up in Minnesota we called that, "petty."

Not offended by it, I just don't understand the logic in having to make one's self feel better than another person for a simple wrong prediction on a wrestling thread, for God's sake.

Did you literally just not read the rest of my entire post, explaining how " to make one's self feel better than another person" was not the intention of the thread, and "for a simple wrong prediction on a wrestling thread" is not the reason why this thread exists?

Let me highlight it for you:

The issue is not looking down on Marty for his failed predictions, as wildly inaccurate as numerous as they may be. The issue is calling him out on his dishonesty and lack of integrity.

His predictions, failed or not, are not the true target here...his dishonesty, lack of integrity, and overall ridiculousness are the true targets.

I even gave clear examples of what I meant by saying this. Refer back to my post, that you seem to have not read.

*Edit: And I agree, it would be "petty" if we were picking on Marty simply because he makes wrong or inaccurate predictions...

But again, since that is not what we are doing, your point is senseless.

Did you literally just not read the rest of my entire post, explaining how " to make one's self feel better than another person" was not the intention of the thread, and "for a simple wrong prediction on a wrestling thread" is not the reason why this thread exists?

Let me highlight it for you:

I even gave clear examples of what I meant by saying this. Refer back to my post, that you seem to have not read.

Thanks for the clarification. Now the PETTINESS on a wrestling thread makes sense. ;)

I edited this into the above post, but most likely after you already responded.

*Edit: And I agree, it would be "petty" if we were picking on Marty simply because he makes wrong or inaccurate predictions...

But again, since that is not what we are doing, your point is senseless.

The only thing I will say about this thread in order for it to continue. I honestly don't think Marty has a problem with taking flack for some of his predictions, I don't want this to degenerate into a thread of personal attacks.

Marty can play the game just as well as the rest of us, riling people up and getting people talking. Let's keep this about the content of the topic vs. the person.

I get on Marty's case from time to time, but I'm not into making this an assassination thread on one of the most polarizing messageboard posters of all time.

Marty - Lets hear your prediction on the Dake vs Taylor match.

What will be final score ?

He already made it.

"JMO- David Taylor will have 2:00 minutes in his match with Dake to PROVE his point- When in the TOP position he will have to turn the 3X NCAA Champ. Many see this as " a matter of fact". I choose to laugh at the thought. Watch how Dake eliminates the Taylor neutral position- and I wouldnt be too surprised to see Dake tilt Taylor -once or twice.

Final score- Dake dec. Taylor 8-3.....or a snore fest 3-2

Without a tilt -How can David Taylor win ????????? "