Sign in to follow this  
NJDan

Dake's Progress?

http://www.flowrestling.org/coverage/25 ... ris-Makoev

This is a link to Dake v. Boris Makoev.

In the months before, we hadn't heard much from Dake, except for his efforts to sell hats and wrestling gear. In this match, I think he moved well and looked strong, but had no offense.

Now finally he is entered in the Golden Grand Prix international tournament in Azerbaijan. What do the folks here think about his progress and prospects?

Tsargush vs Dake could happen? That's pretty cool. We'll indeed know a lot more about Dake's abilities after the weekend. Also interested to see how Tsargush wrestled. How focused is he? Last year he was horrible at the nationals before turning it up at the University worlds.

I hope he gets past Shabanov and we get to see how he fares against Tsargush. Will definitely tell us if he can get it done on the international scene, and tell us if we have two possible world champs at one weight in the U.S. I don't think we do, but it would be interesting.

Man Dake will get tested right away. Shabanov was the dude who got dq'd vs Burroughs correct? Didn't someone say on here that Dake was taking it to him in practice? I really hope he gets to wrestle Tsargush. Does anyone know the time schedule of this? I tuned it at 10:00 and the women's finals are occurring. Pirizkhova just won gold.

Am I correct in saying Baku is ~10 hours ahead of us?

Assuming Dake wins his first match, what are some predictions on Dake/Tsargush? Tsargush looked sharp at Univ Worlds - I pretty sure he didn't give up a single point. Of course, none of his competition could've realistically challenged him like Burroughs or, I presume, Dake could.

What do you all think the ramifications of a Dake Win/Loss would be?

Am I correct in saying Baku is ~10 hours ahead of us?

Assuming Dake wins his first match, what are some predictions on Dake/Tsargush? Tsargush looked sharp at Univ Worlds - I pretty sure he didn't give up a single point. Of course, none of his competition could've realistically challenged him like Burroughs or, I presume, Dake could.

What do you all think the ramifications of a Dake Win/Loss would be?

I think Tsargush will win, but I won't be surprised if Dake beats him.

If he wins, he'll be scouted a la Herbert. The East has a habit of scouting when it is too late.

If he loses, no big deal. He's new to full time freestyle. A win for him would be nice tough.