Sign in to follow this  
bigrig

2012 NWCA All-Star Classic -- Coverage

Please tell me it will be on TV -- Directv. If not, what is the early word on Streaming?

BTW, in anticipation of the people who are offended for me asking this question...........Yes, I will gladly pay for the privilege of reliable quality video (audio would just be bonus) of the event. Whether it be PPV TV or streaming -- just something that is reliable.

Anyone who wants to encourage the event organizers to ensure that a high quality live video of this event is available should let the following people know:

dshelly@nwca.cc

jlicata@nwca.cc

mmoyer@nwca.cc

ptocci@nwca.cc

ttedesco@nwca.cc

adicato@nwca.cc

jgriffith@nwca.cc

mmayfield@nwca.cc

The more people who tell them, the better the chances.

If the issue is money, why not make it pay per view or ask for donations?

Seriously? The wresting community abhors PPV. Everytime it's ever come up, people always throw out the "this isn't good for the sport" and "you're trying to nickel and dime the fans" and that type of thing.

With the way our fanbase works, paying for anything seems to be a cause for pain these days, especially with webcasts, because inevitably, someone, somewhere will pay for it and they won't be able to access it.

In the last 15 years, I've found "donations" get very little, because people have come to expect things to be done at someone else's expense. PPV, you cut your potential reach to about 25% and then you end up with people pirating the video and posting it as some altruistic means of "promoting the sport."

They'll get something figured out for live streaming, but to think donations and PPV would work ... too much experience in this world tells me it doesn't work.

Just my two cents.

Preceptor,

Sounds like you are on the "inside" on this. I am happy to make a donation if it helps to ensures reliable high quality streaming. Please PM me if I can help make that happen through a donation.

Are you kidding...This is a joke...

How difficult is it to get this on the internet live... I can get on my computer and watch Live Webcasts of high school duals put on by high school students with zero glitches... yet we can't get live coverage of this... absolutely pathetic.

Buckeye,

I share your frustration. This should not be so difficult but I do acknowledge that the bandwidth needed for this event will be much greater than a HS dual meet. If done correctly, it should still not be a problem but could drive up the expense.

Are you kidding...This is a joke...

How difficult is it to get this on the internet live... I can get on my computer and watch Live Webcasts of high school duals put on by high school students with zero glitches... yet we can't get live coverage of this... absolutely pathetic.

Typical knee-jerk jumping to conclusions response. You assume nothing, so you're mad about something you don't even know will or won't happen yet. You're assuming it won't happen, so you throw out the old "this is a joke" line.

Patience grasshopper. No reason to flip out about assuming you won't see an event still three weeks away. Plenty of time. They'll get it streamed.

TBA doesn't mean "uh, we'll try." It means "To Be Announced"

Jason,

I respect all the work you do for the sport, however, my "Typical knee-jerk jumping to conclusions response" is based on years of putting up with the same issues.

The Dake-Taylor matchup (although an exhibition) is the most anticipated Folkstyle match up that anyone can remember. IF it happens this year at the NCAA finals, it is the biggest match in NCAA history hands down. It just doesn't seem right that we may or may not get quality coverage of this. Not only should we get coverage, it should be a quality coverage with quality announcing (either you or the Flo crew) and not some scrub that doesn't understand the sport like students that put on Big Ten duals or the old timers that bring ZERO excitement to the microphone.

I understand their are legalities surrounding this - however - I can get on the internet and watch matchups filmed by amateurs that are better quality and have more exciting commentary than some done "professionaly" ... As someone who loves the sport (like yourself) its just frustrating that we still have to put up with poor marketing and poor coverage for an event as great as this. I could go on and on...but in the end...I do understand its just the nature of the sport I love I suppose...

All Star Classic has been streamed every year since 2006. Last year, Shane Sparks was on the call through Fox Sports Arizona. I had the TV call for Fox College Sports (tape delay).

I can't make the trip this year due to family reasons, but even when LSV had issues, they still got it streamed, one of the few events LSV was present and actually worked.

I just take some offense to the "this is a joke" line that seems to always show up. I have full faith the NWCA will get this streamed. Whether it be through means like AU Eagles or Flo or someone. It will be streamed. When they get it confirmed, I'm sure it will be in plenty of time for fans to be able to watch.

It's not like we all need three weeks notice, we know when the event will be and there are enough avenues with the media that can get the word out (including this board).

The NWCA will get it done.