Sign in to follow this  
Alyosha

Video of Dake's matches

WOW. v. Tsargush, Dake was almost teched-- would have been but for a challenge, which took a ridiculous 4 minutes to resolve-- he comes back to score 11 straight and win!

Also, it looks like his right hand was really hurt and that he could not grip with it.

WOW. v. Tsargush, Dake was almost teched-- would have been but for a challenge, which took a ridiculous 4 minutes to resolve-- he comes back to score 11 straight and win!

Well, he was almost teched only in fantasyland. I don't know what the ref was smoking, but scoring that sequence five points for Tsartgush and zero for Dake was beyond ridiculous. Easiest challenge of all the challenges I saw in the tournament.

The 11 unanswered points against a world champ were definitely impressive though. You can see halfway through the match that he was barely moving his clearly hurt right hand, which makes the feat even a little more impressive.

I think that Tsargush match took a lot out of Dake. He appeared to be hurt and tired in his remaining matches. That's one of things that Dake now has to get used to. Wrestling some of the best in the world back to back to back. That's a tough feat for anyone, especially a newcomer on the scene. At some of these elite tournaments, every match will be tougher than your average ncaa final!

Dake showed a lot today. He definitely can be counted among the world's best now. He's definitely #2 in the U.S., and is the wrestler who has the best shot of knocking off the great JB. I can't wait for the next big tournament Dake attends. Does anyone know when that will be?

I'd like to see a Dake/Gadziev rematch!