Sign in to follow this  
rodneydeeeee

David Taylor

yeah very good article. gonna miss DT after he graduates. hoping he inspires a whole lot of younger guys to wrestle in the same style. he gets after points like very few others do.

if Taylor pins and techs his way thru NcAA's, I think he can get the all time career tournament scoring record. Not sure though. I can't find that list.

Taylor, from St. Paris, Ohio, already has earned his degree from Penn State and is now pursuing a master’s degree at the school.

Obviously he is posting "Bonus Points" in the Classroom as well. Good for him.

He has inspired me to be a better poster.

It's not working very well.

So, in effect, this is a double jab at Taylor by Scribe. The literal one and the facetious one, lol. So maybe Scribe is right, because it's a damn good post.

Very nice article by Craig Sesker.

Didn't realize it, but pretty cool that Taylor was one of Cael's training partners for 2011 World's.

Yeah .. I saw that as well, and thought, what a great experience.

Heck of great guy, fierce competitor and stand-up ambassador for the sport.

Although, he really does have his work cut out for him in getting his goals accomplished with Dake and Burroughs in the mix. Watching Dake b!tch around a two-time world champion [Tsargush] with a bum hand was eye opening. Dake is going to be a beast to contend with.

Conversely, I think DT has the "tools" to improve and contend once he concentrates fully on freestyle.

"Sanderson collected bonus points for the Cyclones in 139 of his 159 victories, including all but one of his 40 bouts as a senior. No opponent came closer than four points during his last two seasons."

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/articl ... /120717015

Taylor won't wrestle enough bouts to catch him ... I don't think.

Thanks! All I can say is, wow. Can't believe there is even a debate who the best college wrestler of all time is

He only wrestled 32 matches his soph and junior years. Total of 103 matches through 3 years. Ruth has only 104 through 3 years.

He wrestled 39 his freshman year. Not sure what changed in PSU's schedule after that first year to cause decrease in matches.

"Obviously he is posting "Bonus Points" in the Classroom as well. Good for him."

David Taylor is obviously a great wrestler, but graduating in 4 years used to be considered standard. Why is that "Bonus Points"?

"Obviously he is posting "Bonus Points" in the Classroom as well. Good for him."

David Taylor is obviously a great wrestler, but graduating in 4 years used to be considered standard. Why is that "Bonus Points"?

Being a 3x academic All-American is no small feat.