Sign in to follow this  
BigApple

BEDLAM

I wonder if Maple has some sort of injury. 2nd horrible loss. Neither Kindig nor the Oregon State wrestler have impressed. He also failed to do much against Oliver Pierce in the wrestle off and Pierce has really struggled in his redshirt campaign.

Either way, the Mark Cody era has been a MASSIVE disappointment.

How massive?

125: Patterson dec. Klimara 5-0

133: Morrison dec. Brewer 8-2

141:Collica dec. Lester 8-7. Collica was down 4-1 at end of first.

149: Kindig dec. Maple 4-3. Maple up 3-0 in to start 3rd

157: Dieringer dec. Deangelis 11-5. Dieringer was leading 4-3 beginning of the 3rd

165: Caldwell dec. Glass 10-4

174: Howe dec. Perry 4-2

184: Chaid dec. Crutchmer 7-3. Crutchmer was leading 3-1 to start the 3rd

197: Rutt Mdec. Rosholt 12-3. Rutt was up only 3-1 to start the 3rd

HWT: Larson dec. Marsden 3-2.

Oklahoma wins dual 16-15 over Cowboys

Watched it...OSU looked in better shape out of the gate...It took quite awhile for OU to warm up...My only take for the future of the season for OU would be to flip-flop Maple & Lester...It's obvious Kendric is having trouble adjusting @ this point... They'd have a way better shot w/ Maple @ 141 than 149 for any point scoring @ the end of the year...Lester can just finish out as far as I'm concerned...You never know which one shows up & it's a sore spot for OU all the way around...My other observations...Dieringer is a stud who may possibly not taste defeat this year...Huge157lber...Howe was better than Perry offensively...Rutt should be staring down a #1 ranking...Keep your eyes on Larson @ heavy!! Nice comeback for OU...Lastly, I think a few calls went OU's way by the refs...BUT none were protested!

Best match of the day might have been Collica beating Lester. I really like Collica to have multiple AA finishes and maybe reaching the very top before his career is over. Lester looked gassed.

Maple did basically NOTHING against Kindig, and Kindig didn't do a lot more than that. He didn't look gassed or anything, but he just didn't have any offense.

Speaking of not doing much of anything, this is where Perry enters the picture. Howe got one TD and one reversal and Perry did not come close to getting the tieing TD. I'm not sure either of his two weak shots even grazed Howe.

Watched it...OSU looked in better shape out of the gate...It took quite awhile for OU to warm up...My only take for the future of the season for OU would be to flip-flop Maple & Lester...It's obvious Kendric is having trouble adjusting @ this point... They'd have a way better shot w/ Maple @ 141 than 149 for any point scoring @ the end of the year...Lester can just finish out as far as I'm concerned...You never know which one shows up & it's a sore spot for OU all the way around...My other observations...Dieringer is a stud who may possibly not taste defeat this year...Huge157lber...Howe was better than Perry offensively...Rutt should be staring down a #1 ranking...Keep your eyes on Larson @ heavy!! Nice comeback for OU...Lastly, I think a few calls went OU's way by the refs...BUT none were protested!

Yeah, Rutt and Deiringer are studs. Not sure Rutt is a #1, though. Great win for him today, though.

I wonder if Maple has some sort of injury. 2nd horrible loss. Neither Kindig nor the Oregon State wrestler have impressed. He also failed to do much against Oliver Pierce in the wrestle off and Pierce has really struggled in his redshirt campaign.

A. Dumb post

B. The Oregon State wrestler is Scott Sakaguchi who AA'd and has had a shaky start to the year as well

C. The other loss Maple took was to Bryce Busler Oregon St.

Talk when the NCAA's are over this year about Cody's Era when his 1st real group of guys competes.

A. Dumb post

B. The Oregon State wrestler is Scott Sakaguchi who AA'd and has had a shaky start to the year as well

C. The other loss Maple took was to Bryce Busler Oregon St.

Talk when the NCAA's are over this year about Cody's Era when his 1st real group of guys competes.

Busler wrestles at Bloomsburg.

When Collica was introduced I said we won't win 141. Lester doesn't cut hardly any weight. He'd weigh in at 146-147 all the time last two years. He hasn't bought into what Cody and staff are teaching. I asked someone in the inow if it was too late for Maple to go to 141. He said no and it may happen.

Brewer had two chances for takedowns, but Morrison got out of bounds. If you don't get a really good shot on Morrison he'll score with a resshot. That happened about 3 times today.

157 and 165 went as I predicted. Someone said Perry would win 5-2, can't do it if you don't take any shots.

At 184 I had Danny Chaid winning regardless of who OSU put out. His dad flew in Thursday so Dan Sr. Will take a few days to stop smiling. As i said I knew the bloodlines.

Rutt just too strong for Rosholt. I said I wouldn't be surprised if Larson won even though Marsden had to be favored.

Standing room only Bedlam like it was 25-40 years ago. The rivalry means something again.

Officiating is in the eye of the beholder. The former Sooner wrestlers I was with after match thought we got most of the bad calls. Chaid had a takedown he wasn't given because his foot came down in bounds.

Mark Cody is doing an excellent job. I can't believe people are already calling him disappointing. He just beat a very tough Cowboy squad and his third season has barely started.

Going up a class in the middleweights is a very hard thing to do. We are spoiled because Dake went up every year and made it look increasingly easy, and Oliver went up two and didn't miss a beat, but around 150 lbs is where wrestling is most competitive. If anyone should go up and do well, it's Maple. He was tall for 141 and had the frame to go up, and he is highly athletic so should gain an advantage against heavier (slower) guys.

I agree with the guy who said Maple should suck back down to help his team. He won't win a national title either way, but at least he has a legit shot at 2nd at 141, whereas at 149, he has a legit shot of not making it to the semis.

BigApple: you hinted last year that Oliver might've gone up to 149 to avoid Maple. Some of us called you on that. So far this year, it looks like Oliver had absolutely zero to be afraid of. Oliver is one of the best technicians we've seen in college in the past decade, and he doesn't give much up in athleticism to Maple. I wouldn't be surprised if Maple never beats Oliver if he decides to wrestle freestyle.

Oliver certainly has nothing to worry about if Maple keeps wrestling like this. Oliver has done better at 145.5 than I thought originally. Don't know exactly what the problem is, Maple's conditioning and aggressiveness like he had last year.

This OU/OSU dual today was…….well, it was simply a whole bunch of fun to watch.

Even more so…… than I had expected. The bonus points at 97 (Rutt) actually turned out to be a deciding factor in this win for the Sooners.

Rutt is a stud. I can see him placing in the top 6 or 8 at NCAA's.

Dieringer seems to have it going real good. I like his chances for dominance for most of the next 3 seasons. Real good on his feet, a beast on top, and (on the mat) he is very hard to hold down.

Now signing off from Bedlam West. That is to say….. Denny's AZ hi-tech desk.

Perry wrestles 84kg/185lbs in freestyle in the offseason. I'm guessing the cut to 74 isn't easy and may have something to do with his lack of offense. I bet he is more offensive during his post college freestyle career.

Haven't seen many of his FS matches but from what I've heard he's actually reasonably aggressive, scores on a lot of single legs. Not sure if he doesn't feel he can finish the single in FS, or if it's the weight cut as you say, or what.

Also, scoring on Howe is really hard...