Sign in to follow this  
DF

LOL at people spending Thanksgiving with family and friends

Was at the supermarket today and it was full of hustle and bustle as people were scrambling to buy stuff for their big get togethers tomorrow. Caught a few conversations in the checkout line where other people were all excited to have family and friends coming over tomorrow.

So glad I don't have to deal with any of that.

The parents are on vacation in Europe and I didn't get a single invite to any Thanksgiving-related festivities.

My festivities will include doing nothing and then going to Denny's because they will probably be the only place open tomorrow.

I'm totally chilling with this minimalist lifestyle. I even gave away my TV, and replaced it with a lawn chair in front of a fish tank.

Was at the supermarket today and it was full of hustle and bustle as people were scrambling to buy stuff for their big get togethers tomorrow. Caught a few conversations in the checkout line where other people were all excited to have family and friends coming over tomorrow.

So glad I don't have to deal with any of that.

The parents are on vacation in Europe and I didn't get a single invite to any Thanksgiving-related festivities.

My festivities will include doing nothing and then going to Denny's because they will probably be the only place open tomorrow.

I'm totally chilling with this minimalist lifestyle. I even gave away my TV, and replaced it with a lawn chair in front of a fish tank.

LOL indeed! Thanks DF

.......... spend some time studying your ref's rule book :lol: ......... so some of your posts are more believable :roll: ............

LOL, don't forget the stuffing and gravy for your big get together tomorrow.

.......... spend some time studying your ref's rule book :lol: ......... so some of your posts are more believable :roll: ............

LOL, don't forget the stuffing and gravy for your big get together tomorrow.

.............. having chili and ribs at Dad's place ................

My dad's in Monte Carlo, or it might be Gstaad.

Regardless, there's no way he would be dining on such a low-brow meal as "chili and ribs".

He once spent what most people make in a month on an appetizer.

My dad's in Monte Carlo, or it might be Gstaad.

Regardless, there's no way he would be dining on such a low-brow meal as "chili and ribs".

He once spent what most people make in a month on an appetizer.

...........Prince Albert of Monaco personally requested some of Dad's chili and ribs- we told him to go fly a kite.................

Remember that first thanksgiving after you had hung up your shoes? My cousin experienced that today and it was hilarious...and boy did it it take me back! He had two plates the first time he went through the line, seconds, and all 4 deserts. Every bite he took was followed by something like, " oh God this is amazing". Anyways, Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

I've been watching my fish swim around in their aquarium for hours now.

It put me in a trance-like state after about an hour.

They just keep going. No direction. No goals. No purpose. Just swimming round and round, back and forth, pointlessly.

Pink Floyd was right. We're just two lost souls swimming in a fish bowl, year after year, running over the same old ground, what have we found?

Nothing, man.

Tonight people will proclaim they're grateful for what they already have. Then they'll line up and rush into stores tomorrow morning, trampling over each other, to save a few bucks on something they don't even need.

It's all a hoax. All this fake holiday cheer. Same vapid phoniness year after year.

Went out very early this morning to get coffee, thinking the place would be kinda deserted so early since people would still be getting over Thanksgiving and I wouldn't have to deal with them.

I immediately regretted my decision as I rounded the corner to the strip mall.

People were lined up around the block waiting to get into one of the high-end stores.

Then I got to the coffee shop and the line was also out the door.

Now I was pissed.

Apparently people been sending their friends/family to the coffee shop to get coffee so they could stay up since they had been waiting in line all night.

While waiting in line I heard one chubby middle aged lady brag about how she and her friends had been waiting in line the whole night like it was some sort of accomplishment.

She then had the audacity to turn around and ask me in that annoyingly chirpy holiday cheer tone if I had been waiting in line all night too. I just gave her the Bert Stare:

fff42edcbf301998b19edb45b38e024be37bf7b6_full.jpg

Went out very early this morning to get coffee, thinking the place would be kinda deserted so early since people would still be getting over Thanksgiving and I wouldn't have to deal with them.

I immediately regretted my decision as I rounded the corner to the strip mall.

People were lined up around the block waiting to get into one of the high-end stores.

Then I got to the coffee shop and the line was also out the door.

Now I was pissed.

Apparently people been sending their friends/family to the coffee shop to get coffee so they could stay up since they had been waiting in line all night.

While waiting in line I heard one chubby middle aged lady brag about how she and her friends had been waiting in line the whole night like it was some sort of accomplishment.

She then had the audacity to turn around and ask me in that annoyingly chirpy holiday cheer tone if I had been waiting in line all night too. I just gave her the Bert Stare:

fff42edcbf301998b19edb45b38e024be37bf7b6_full.jpg

LOL! I share your pain.

I thought that I'd make an innocent stop a few minutes ago for a bag of bird seed (my outdoor pets that I take care of) and the lines were so punitive that homey decided that the birds can wait another day.

in college i was too broke for a fish tank, so i just cut pictures of fish out of a pet store catalog and taped them to the wall. it worked well enough.

I can relate. That's how I snagged my college girlfriend too. Saved a lot of money. Plus, my college girlfriend was a supermodel.

I can relate. That's how I snagged my college girlfriend too. Saved a lot of money. Plus, my college girlfriend was a supermodel.

LOL, ain't no wrestler having a supermodel girlfriend.

They get whoever is left over from what the basketball and football players don't want.

in college i was too broke for a fish tank, so i just cut pictures of fish out of a pet store catalog and taped them to the wall. it worked well enough.

Same way I snagged my red Lamborgini Countach with the Alpine stereo.