Sign in to follow this  
nom

Molinaro v Jenkins - grapple at garden

The Bubba vs. The Tank match wasn't bad. What was clear from the beginning was how much bigger Bubba was. He warded off some pretty deep shots. At the end of the third period it was clear Frank was tired, not just Bubba. So for those assuming Bubba would gas, it didn't exactly play out that way. Still it was worth watching. The only thing I would say is they should have had the match between sessions. By the end a lot of people left. But you learn something new every year. Great wrestling today.

the two, along with David Taylor have done lots of back and forth on twitter over the last couple years.

Not the nice kind of back and forth.

Now Bubba is rubbing in the win on Twitter

Here are 2 examples from BubbaJ

"@2sinsurrJenkins: Sponsord singlet1k

Sponsord oakley shades500$

Sponsord mask500$

Sponsord walkout2k

Beatin muscle head & my 9th NCAA finalists

PRICELESS!"

And "@2sinsurrJenkins: My weight cut is going great cuz every time I watch this Metcalf Chris Bono wanna-be I throw up all over the place.."

Not shocked that Bubba appeared much larger than Frank. He was supposed to wrestle Dake and who knows what weight Dake would have been at for an exhibition? Would they even weight them in? Maybe 170? Maybe Bubba was close to that number as well.

Molinaro defeated Alibeggediz Emeev of Russia 9-4 in the finals of the New York AC event two weeks ago at 66 kg/145.5 lbs.

Maybe Frank was giving up a lot of weight to Bubba. Maybe Bubba could tweet that out? Nah, wouldn't be like Bubba to acknowledge that.

Not shocked that Bubba appeared much larger than Frank. He was supposed to wrestle Dake and who knows what weight Dake would have been at for an exhibition? Would they even weight them in? Maybe 170? Maybe Bubba was close to that number as well.

Molinaro defeated Alibeggediz Emeev of Russia 9-4 in the finals of the New York AC event two weeks ago at 66 kg/145.5 lbs.

Maybe Frank was giving up a lot of weight to Bubba. Maybe Bubba could tweet that out? Nah, wouldn't be like Bubba to acknowledge that.

This is a particularly fantastic piece of homerism. You have created a fictional weight for Kyle Dake, projected it on to Bubba Jenkins, and then criticized Bubba for the fiction you have created. Fantastic stuff.

It was a exhibition match both guys signed up for, one guy won. Many Penn State fans were on here calling for a Molinaro win, so this feels like sour grapes. They appear to have personal issues between the two of them, so the winner is talking smack, which is pretty common place. I'm not following either guy on Twitter, but it's been said here that Frank was taking shots at Bubba on Twitter just like Bubba was taking at him.

Bubba is awesome. I hope he wins big in mma. I thought it interesting that he shared the breakdown of his pay out.

I don't see how weight it's an issue. They usually don't make scratch weight at the freestyle duals, so I doubt Molinaro actually weighed 145.5 two weeks ago.

This is a particularly fantastic piece of homerism. You have created a fictional weight for Kyle Dake, projected it on to Bubba Jenkins, and then criticized Bubba for the fiction you have created. Fantastic stuff.

Yep. Homerism explains everything. LOL.

Dake wrestled at 163.5 within the past week or so. Jenkins competed in a Bellator event within the past coule of weeks at 155. Molinaro wrestled two weeks ago at 145.5. Two people at the Grapple have posted that Bubba looked bigger than Frank.

Despite this known information, you can't conceive that someone would not be shocked that Bubba might have been bigger than Frank. Yeah, cause that would be impossible.

LOL. Some of you are pretty wound up around here.

Yep. Homerism explains everything. LOL.

Dake wrestled at 163.5 within the past week or so. Jenkins competed in a Bellator event within the past coule of weeks at 155. Molinaro wrestled two weeks ago at 145.5. Two people at the Grapple have posted that Bubba looked bigger than Frank.

Despite this known information, you can't conceive that someone would not be shocked that Bubba might have been bigger than Frank. Yeah, cause that would be impossible.

LOL. Some of you are pretty wound up around here.

You literally have no idea what either guy weighs. You have created the weights, criticized Bubba for not "acknowledging" that discrepancy you have invented, then used it as an excuse for Molinaro.

For anyone who wondered about the "relationship" between Bubba Jenkins and Frank Molinaro...

Jenkins, in a Tweet BEFORE Grapple at the Garden 2: “I hate that they put me and Frank the skank in the same sentence. I don't even like 2 see his name next to mine. #karmacoming4yoass.”

Jenkins, after Grapple at the Garden 2: "It was a lot of fun because I got the win against a guy I don’t like that much,” Jenkins said. “I had more heart than he did. This is what I love to do and that’s what the crowd loves to see.”

Mark

http://www.examiner.com/article/jenkins ... the-garden

Vak, I shouldn't need to explain this to you. You know Bubba is a bigger man than Frank. He always has been, and over the past couple of weeks he has been. Those are facts.

Sure, I don't know with absolute certainty what they weighed today, so what? I have two witnesses who said Bubba looked bigger, I have history, and I have their recent weights. It makes sense whether I can prove it or not.

The fact you made an issue of this says a lot. Adios.

If you don't know Jenkins' or Molinaro's weight for certain, why would you make this comment? Maybe Bubba would acknowledge if he had a significant size advantage. And maybe the reason Bubba didn't make mention of a significant size advantage was because no such thing existed? Since you don't know their weights, would you admit that is a possibility?

If you don't know Jenkins' or Molinaro's weight for certain, why would you make this comment? Maybe Bubba would acknowledge if he had a significant size advantage. And maybe the reason Bubba didn't make mention of a significant size advantage was because no such thing existed? Since you don't know their weights, would you admit that is a possibility?

I'd make the comment for the reasons already stated. Bubba did an MMA event at 155 two weeks ago when, at the same time, Frank was wrestling at 145.5. This is in line with the fact that Bubba has always been about 8 to 10 bigger than Frank. So THAT is why I would make that comment.

As to who and what Bubba is, he's a jerk with a big mouth. I think that is pretty much settled at this point. Use his twitter account as just more evidence of such.

Also, why is this even such a huge issue for you two? You sound pretty wound up tight if this is what gets you all worked up. But I have seen this from you before, so I am hardly shocked.

Vak, I shouldn't need to explain this to you. You know Bubba is a bigger man than Frank. He always has been, and over the past couple of weeks he has been. Those are facts.

Sure, I don't know with absolute certainty what they weighed today, so what? I have two witnesses who said Bubba looked bigger, I have history, and I have their recent weights. It makes sense whether I can prove it or not.

You literally created the issue by fabricating weights, then criticized Bubba for not publicly acknowledging you fabrications!

You literally created the issue by fabricating weights, then criticized Bubba for not publicly acknowledging you fabrications!

Vakattack,

I think it's clear to any unbiased poster that Tbar is going beyond the facts to make his point.

As to who and what Bubba is, he's a jerk with a big mouth. I think that is pretty much settled at this point. Use his twitter account as just more evidence of such.

What makes Bubba a jerk? Would you consider David Taylor and/or Molinaro to be jerks too?

Also, why is this even such a huge issue for you two? You sound pretty wound up tight if this is what gets you all worked up. But I have seen this from you before, so I am hardly shocked.

It's not a "huge" issue for me. As far as getting "worked up", I think it's the exact opposite. You have blatantly changed the intent of my posts on numerous occasions. You even got so upset with your unnatural interpretation of my posts that you put me on ignore! Have you forgotten already?

In the post match interview Bubba says Frank knows why he got thrown (semi-slammed) during the match.

I wonder why that was? Did he give any hints?

Bubba seems to be extra motivated in his matches vs PSU wrestlers! Even now, I'd pick Bubba over anyone around his weight in the PSU room. A motivated Bubba is a world class talent.

I personally think Bubba is a huge doucher, but that's just my opinion. I think alot of the posters on here who "love" Bubba dont actually know him. They just blatently ignore his obnoxious style, because they fell in love with him when he beat Taylor. People hated Taylor being called the next great so bad, that they consider Bubba a good person just because he pinned Taylor. He's obnoxious at best.

I personally think Bubba is a huge doucher, but that's just my opinion. I think alot of the posters on here who "love" Bubba dont actually know him. They just blatently ignore his obnoxious style, because they fell in love with him when he beat Taylor. People hated Taylor being called the next great so bad, that they consider Bubba a good person just because he pinned Taylor. He's obnoxious at best.

How's Bubba's style "obnoxious? What makes Bubba more obnoxious than some of the PSU wrestlers like Taylor or Molinaro?

Edit: Do you know Bubba?

As opposed to you who thinks he's a "huge doucher", which I'm sure is based off of a deep personal relationship with lots of insight to his soul.

I started appreciating him when some Iowa fans were relentless in calling him out as a quitter, a mentally weak wrestler. Metcalf just had an oxygen tank that made everyone look bad. Of course in those years we didn't hear every thought passed along via Twitter.

Can you imagine if Twitter had been around 10 years ago? All that locker room chatter reaching the masses, without the filter of a reporter?