Sign in to follow this  
nom

Molinaro v Jenkins - grapple at garden

I personally think Bubba is a huge doucher, but that's just my opinion. I think alot of the posters on here who "love" Bubba dont actually know him. They just blatently ignore his obnoxious style, because they fell in love with him when he beat Taylor. People hated Taylor being called the next great so bad, that they consider Bubba a good person just because he pinned Taylor. He's obnoxious at best.

As opposed to you who thinks he's a "huge doucher", which I'm sure is based off of a deep personal relationship with lots of insight to his soul.

I'm sure I've been around/had more conversation with the guy than you have. Probably more than most of the Bubba lovers on here.

Que Superold with 40 questions.

I'm sure Marstellar will be as much of a "douche" as Bubba is in a year or two, when Marstellar is wrecking PSU wrestlers. Some of you have already been taking some pretty strong jabs at him....grown men and woman hating a high schooler for making a decision they didn't agree with. Wow.

You stay classy Penn State fans!

Matburn, as far as I am concerned, Marstellar is a class act and a BEAST wrestler. This is sort of funny because superold thinks I am a PA homer because I like Marstellar, and here you are suggesting we Penn State fans will be tearing the kid down because he's not headed to Penn State. A true case of "damned if you, damned if you don't. :D

I personally think Bubba is a huge doucher, but that's just my opinion. I think alot of the posters on here who "love" Bubba dont actually know him. They just blatently ignore his obnoxious style, because they fell in love with him when he beat Taylor. People hated Taylor being called the next great so bad, that they consider Bubba a good person just because he pinned Taylor. He's obnoxious at best.

You nailed it. Bubba was a punching bag on this forum until he transferred; then he was the victim of Cael. Fast forward to NCAAs and he is everyones hero after sticking Taylor. I always defended Jenkins and felt he got a raw deal when Sunderland pulled him out of redshirt his freshman year because it really served no purpose but he played a big role (in a negative way) with how things went down once Cael arrived.

Superold, since Taylor is "around" Jenkins weight, I am assuming you think he could beat DT? Please clarify on this, and don't play your 20 question routine in an attempt to duck the question. I want to make sure that's what you're saying before I comment.

I'm sure Marstellar will be as much of a "douche" as Bubba is in a year or two, when Marstellar is wrecking PSU wrestlers. Some of you have already been taking some pretty strong jabs at him....grown men and woman hating a high schooler for making a decision they didn't agree with. Wow.

You stay classy Penn State fans!

Please show us these quotes by PSU fans; Oh wait, you can't because they don't exist. Maybe you should be quiet and let the adults talk.

I'm not sure that's fair. From what I've seen of Bubba, he's not a bad guy. He's got a big mouth and a big personality, sure. I don't believe that makes him a douche.

Having said that, I understand completely why Sanderson wanted him gone. You can't build a national championship team with Bubba as part of the foundation. He's an individual and always has been.

"you can't build a national championship team with Bubba as part of the foundation"

It is tough to win with a National Champion in your line up.

Cael ran him out for one reason, Cyler.

2 reasons cyler and taylor

Matburn, as far as I am concerned, Marstellar is a class act and a BEAST wrestler. This is sort of funny because superold thinks I am a PA homer because I like Marstellar, and here you are suggesting we Penn State fans will be tearing the kid down because he's not headed to Penn State. A true case of "damned if you, damned if you don't. :D

Wow! Where do you get this stuff from? I don't think that you're a PA homer because you like Marsteller. I like Martseller and I don't consider myself a PA homer. Could you please stop making things up about me Tbar? And please stop stating them as if they are fact.

Superold, since Taylor is "around" Jenkins weight, I am assuming you think he could beat DT? Please clarify on this, and don't play your 20 question routine in an attempt to duck the question. I want to make sure that's what you're saying before I comment.

Yes, I believe Jenkins would beat Taylor still. On the condition that Jenkins were in top form like he was in the ncaas his senior year.

When have I ever ducked a question? I know a few that you've ducked. These forums are like the bizarro world to me.

I'm not sure that's fair. From what I've seen of Bubba, he's not a bad guy. He's got a big mouth and a big personality, sure. I don't believe that makes him a douche.

Having said that, I understand completely why Sanderson wanted him gone. You can't build a national championship team with Bubba as part of the foundation. He's an individual and always has been.

Really, Sanderson wanted him gone? Do you even know what happened that precipitated Bubba leaving?

Let's go back and look at Jenkins' career prior to Sanderson. Jenkins was originally slated to RS his true freshman season. Sunderland eventually pulled him out of redshirt up a weight at 157. He was basically thrown to the wolves. He wrestled well, but only went 1-2 at Nationals. He essentially had his first year wasted.

As a true sophomore, Jenkins burst onto the 149 scene beating anyone not named Metcalf. He ended up a National finalist at a super stacked weight class. Enough said.

As a true junior, he wrestled a shortened season due to injuries, and still made it to the B1G finals at 149 undefeated. He got trounced by Metcalf. He limped into the NCAA tournament and went 0-2. Depending on what source you trust most he had up to THREE significant injuries that severely hampered him at the end of the season.

Prior to his true senior year, also prior to Sanderson, it was stated that Jenkins was planning to RS to get his body back to full strength. In addition, it was stated that the cut to 149 was too much and he was going to get prepped to go 157.

As a true senior, Bubba is prepped to RS and his coach is replaced by Sanderson. They meet. Jenkins was told no RS. Taylor was slated for 157 the following year. Jenkins then is told 157 is NOT an option. Sanderson's younger brother came over with him, and even though Jenkins could, and DID, beat Cyler AND Taylor 157 was Cyler's spot that year and Taylor's the next. Jenkins rebelled. He did everything he could do to save his RS. His options were severely limited and what he decided to do was FROWNED upon. He had to decide to either cut to a weight his body was no longer suited for, which he had NOT planned for in the off season, or MAKE SURE he couldn't certify at 149. Doing that still made him feel uneasy that Sanderson wouldn't RS him so he dumped his grades as well. What would YOU do in that situation? Inevitably this situation severed a relationship that never was and Sanderson allowed Jenkins a limited free release. Jenkins left and went to ASU.

As a RS senior, Bubba filled into 157 nicely(Bubba did lose an outlier match to non D1 competition early on) losing only two D1 matches by razor thin decisions to the #1 seeded Adam Hall during the regular season. The rest I am sure you know. NCAA champion.

Bubba was NOT known as a loud mouth prior to Sanderson's arrival. However, there is NO doubt that Jenkins was NOT the kind of person Sanderson would recruit. Was that Bubba's fault. He didn't go to PSU to wrestle for Sanderson. Bubba gets beat up on here WAY too often while Sanderson seems to get a pass. Bubba owed Sanderson NOTHING. Sanderson would not give Bubba any leeway and inevitably Bubba did what was best for Bubba. Bubba may come off as a jerk. Hell, Bubba may be a jerk. But he did what was required of him by PSU prior to Sanderson's arrival and Sanderson is as much to blame, if not MORE SO, as Jenkins for the current rift between Jenkins and PSU.

"you can't build a national championship team with Bubba as part of the foundation"

A good team is almost like a cult. When a stud doesn't buy into the system, but gets to wrestle anyway, what does that say to the guy working his way up the ladder? The message certainly isn't that hard work pays off or that you should always listen to the coach. Sure, it might have made PSU a better team in 2011 if Bubba was there (although only slightly), but at what cost to the development of the supporting cast at PSU?

I'll bet that the coaches at Rutgers have learned some hard lessons on this topic.

***waiting for the Andrew Long attacks***

As opposed to you who thinks he's a "huge doucher", which I'm sure is based off of a deep personal relationship with lots of insight to his soul.

I'm sure I've been around/had more conversation with the guy than you have. Probably more than most of the Bubba lovers on here.

Que Superold with 40 questions.

I won't ask you 40 questions, but I will ask a few.

In the conversation you had with Bubba, what specifically did he do/say that made you come away with the belief that he is a "huge doucher". How many conversations have you had with Bubba?

I'm also curious why you seemingly have an issue with my questions. Isn't discussion the point of discussion boards? You have made a few strange comments in the past (imo) that didn't seem to have much support backing them. I asked a few legitimately reasonable questions and I believe that was revealed. No harm, no foul.

A good team is almost like a cult. When a stud doesn't buy into the system, but gets to wrestle anyway, what does that say to the guy working his way up the ladder? The message certainly isn't that hard work pays off or that you should always listen to the coach. Sure, it might have made PSU a better team in 2011 if Bubba was there (although only slightly), but at what cost to the development of the supporting cast at PSU?

I'll bet that the coaches at Rutgers have learned some hard lessons on this topic.

***waiting for the Andrew Long attacks***

Are you saying that Bubba doesn't work hard?

Really, Sanderson wanted him gone? Do you even know what happened that precipitated Bubba leaving?

Let's go back and look at Jenkins' career prior to Sanderson. Jenkins was originally slated to RS his true freshman season. Sunderland eventually pulled him out of redshirt up a weight at 157. He was basically thrown to the wolves. He wrestled well, but only went 1-2 at Nationals. He essentially had his first year wasted.

As a true sophomore, Jenkins burst onto the 149 scene beating anyone not named Metcalf. He ended up a National finalist at a super stacked weight class. Enough said.

As a true junior, he wrestled a shortened season due to injuries, and still made it to the B1G finals at 149 undefeated. He got trounced by Metcalf. He limped into the NCAA tournament and went 0-2. Depending on what source you trust most he had up to THREE significant injuries that severely hampered him at the end of the season.

Prior to his true senior year, also prior to Sanderson, it was stated that Jenkins was planning to RS to get his body back to full strength. In addition, it was stated that the cut to 149 was too much and he was going to get prepped to go 157.

As a true senior, Bubba is prepped to RS and his coach is replaced by Sanderson. They meet. Jenkins was told no RS. Jenkins then is told 157 is NOT an option. Sanderson's younger brother came over with him, and even though Jenkins could, and DID, beat him 157 was Cyler's spot. Jenkins rebelled. He did everything he could do to save his RS. His options were severely limited and what he decided to do was FROWNED upon. He had to decide to either cut to a weight his body was no longer suited for, which he had NOT planned for in the off season, or MAKE SURE he couldn't certify at 149. Doing that still made him feel uneasy that Sanderson wouldn't RS him so he dumped his grades as well. What would YOU do in that situation? Inevitably this situation severed a relationship that never was and Sanderson allowed Jenkins a limited free release. Jenkins left and went to ASU.

As a RS senior, Bubba filled into 157 nicely(Bubba did lose an outlier match to non D1 competition early on) losing only two D1 matches by razor thin decisions to the #1 seeded Adam Hall during the regular season. The rest I am sure you know. NCAA champion.

Bubba was NOT known as a loud mouth prior to Sanderson's arrival. However, there is NO doubt that Jenkins was NOT the kind of person Sanderson would recruit. Was that Bubba's fault. He didn't go to PSU to wrestle for Sanderson. Bubba gets beat up on here WAY too often while Sanderson seems to get a pass. Bubba owed Sanderson NOTHING. Sanderson would not give Bubba any leeway and inevitably Bubba did what was best for Bubba. Bubba may come off as a jerk. Hell, Bubba may be a jerk. But he did what was required of him by PSU prior to Sanderson's arrival and Sanderson is as much to blame, if not MORE SO, than Jenkins for the current rift between Jenkins and PSU.

MSU, all of what you said was public and well known. And, yes, it supports my opinion that Bubba is an individual. If you read what I wrote I'm actually coming out in support of Bubba as a person...in general I've seen him be very kind. But I also know that Bubba is a handful for any coach...Sunderland also had his share of difficulty.

If you think that Cael's evaluation of the 2010 lineup was wrong and played favortism, you might have some good points. However, WRT Bubba, I can boil down everything you said as: Cael wanted Bubba to do something for the team and Bubba refused. That supports my point.

I'm not saying any more about Bubba. I like him. I just think that Cael gets unfairly criticized for Bubba's transfer because you only ever hear one side.

A good team is almost like a cult. When a stud doesn't buy into the system, but gets to wrestle anyway, what does that say to the guy working his way up the ladder? The message certainly isn't that hard work pays off or that you should always listen to the coach.

I'm asking because this quote makes it seem like you could be questioning Bubba's work ethic. Is that an accurate interpretation of your post? I think everyone here is trying to have a discussion based on facts. If you aren't saying that, a simple 'no' would clear everything up. If Bubba isn't a hardworker, that adds another dimension to the discussion.

As a true senior, Bubba is prepped to RS and his coach is replaced by Sanderson. They meet. Jenkins was told no RS. Jenkins then is told 157 is NOT an option. Sanderson's younger brother came over with him, and even though Jenkins could, and DID, beat him 157 was Cyler's spot. Jenkins rebelled. He did everything he could do to save his RS. His options were severely limited and what he decided to do was FROWNED upon. He had to decide to either cut to a weight his body was no longer suited for, which he had NOT planned for in the off season, or MAKE SURE he couldn't certify at 149. Doing that still made him feel uneasy that Sanderson wouldn't RS him so he dumped his grades as well. What would YOU do in that situation? Inevitably this situation severed a relationship that never was and Sanderson allowed Jenkins a limited free release. Jenkins left and went to ASU.

Bubba was NOT known as a loud mouth prior to Sanderson's arrival. However, there is NO doubt that Jenkins was NOT the kind of person Sanderson would recruit. Was that Bubba's fault. He didn't go to PSU to wrestle for Sanderson. Bubba gets beat up on here WAY too often while Sanderson seems to get a pass. Bubba owed Sanderson NOTHING. Sanderson would not give Bubba any leeway and inevitably Bubba did what was best for Bubba. Bubba may come off as a jerk. Hell, Bubba may be a jerk. But he did what was required of him by PSU prior to Sanderson's arrival and Sanderson is as much to blame, if not MORE SO, than Jenkins for the current rift between Jenkins and PSU.

MSU, all of what you said was public and well known. And, yes, it supports my opinion that Bubba is an individual. If you read what I wrote I'm actually coming out in support of Bubba as a person...in general I've seen him be very kind. But I also know that Bubba is a handful for any coach...Sunderland also had his share of difficulty.

If you think that Cael's evaluation of the 2010 lineup was wrong and played favortism, you might have some good points. However, WRT Bubba, I can boil down everything you said as: Cael wanted Bubba to do something for the team and Bubba refused. That supports my point.

MY point is exactly the opposite of yours. Cael didn't want Bubba to do something for the "team". He wanted it done for HIM. Sanderson's future didn't have Bubba in it. I simply don't think you treat a national finalist who had dedicated three years to PSU PRIOR to Sanderson's arrival the way Sanderson did. My thoughts are even further reinforced by the situation the prior year that precipitated Bubba expecting to RS and go 157 the following year.

Let's do a comparison. Brands had a VERY similar issue with Tsirtsis. He had a recruit, not quite so high as Taylor but still High profile, in Leclere for the weight but still honored Tsirtsis's wish to redshirt. Tsirtsis had NOT produced close to what Jenkins had for PSU. I still think it was the honorable thing to do.

The above 2 scenarios are inevitably why I became a Brands(Iowa) fan and lost respect for Sanderson.

If by "wanting Bubba to do something for the team" you mean "cutting to a weight he didn't feel was healthy for him", then sure. It's pretty common practice that seniors can choose which weight they want to go to, and trying to force anyone to cut weight "for the good of the team" is contributing to an archaic and dangerous mindset.

Jenkins gave a lot to psu

a new coach comes in and changes things and decided all Jenkins did for psu didn't matter and it was all about what would be done for him moving forward

cael is now psu and thus psu didn't honor Jenkins

lets not kid ourselves it all comes down to cael not wanting two guys on full rides at the same weight so Jenkins got kicked to the curb so they could recruit so much for all he did for psu in their lean years and all the psu fans could have cared less and even booooooed Jenkins in the national finals when just years before they couldn't be happier to have him

talk about classy

You nailed it. Bubba was a punching bag on this forum until he transferred; then he was the victim of Cael. Fast forward to NCAAs and he is everyones hero after sticking Taylor. I always defended Jenkins and felt he got a raw deal when Sunderland pulled him out of redshirt his freshman year because it really served no purpose but he played a big role (in a negative way) with how things went down once Cael arrived.

FT,

You know you're my boy, but this is a bit hypocritical since the scenario went in the exact reverse for Penn State fans and nobody in the blue and white seems to have an issue with that.