Sign in to follow this  
Ultraflex

Jordan Burroughs' relationship has ended

From what i heard, it doesnt sound like asics pays their wrestlers much.

Dake seems to be making some good coin off of CF.

And CF put together a very good AGON event,despite the fact they arent getting credit for it.

Would love to know what happened here

Checkout all the lawsuits these peoples have been a part of… between companies, universities, wrestlers, MMA fighters, etc.

Past behavior is the best predictor of the future.

I can tell you this, CF is willing to pay athletes more than some other companies, I have been a negotiator dealing with many of the wrestling companies, including Asics, Brute, World Wide Supply, Cliff Keen,

2nd, all companies that do high volume get into lawsuits. Example, your bank has been sued and fined no matter who its with, your car manufacturer has been fined and sued, so has your doctor, your tire company, your cable company, your cell phone carrier, and your shoe company, ,,, so it does not suprise me that there have been some suits against these owners.

Now, can they work on the delivery of their message = yes

Are they SATAN incarnate = no

Overall, are they good for wrestling = My opinion is yes, but you can feel free to disagree

They definitely threw a great AGON event. For that reason alone, I'm rooting for them.

I do think their checkered past with endorsed athletes, and the way the crapped on Herbert in particular, is bush league, though.

But we need more AGONs, and if CF is willing to bankroll them, I have to root for them to do well, Herbert or no Herbert.

Check out JB's twitter feed. He's promoting quite a few products, and his other posts are all incredibly positive- spiritual musings, motivational sayings, love notes to his wife, stuff like that. Compare that to the type of stuff CF and Disabato post on social media and it does't surprise me in the least that JB wants nothing to do with them. There might be good business reasons while JB has ended his relationship with cage fighter, but the difference in public image (and arguably morals) between the two is more than enough IMO.

Check out JB's twitter feed. He's promoting quite a few products, and his other posts are all incredibly positive- spiritual musings, motivational sayings, love notes to his wife, stuff like that. Compare that to the type of stuff CF and Disabato post on social media and it does't surprise me in the least that JB wants nothing to do with them. There might be good business reasons while JB has ended his relationship with cage fighter, but the difference in public image (and arguably morals) between the two is more than enough IMO.

Excellent post.

i also hope theres more agon and agon like events. i dont know pretty much anything CF or their people but if they figured out a successful business model then i hope more popular copy it and sponsor more post collegiate wrestling events.

ultimately wrestling would benefit enormously from a legit pro tour, similar to what sumo has in japan. its like the tennis tour but with wrestling. its doable. wrestling needs it and wrestlers deserve it.

Iran and Germany both have professional dual meet leagues with foreign wrestlers competing. I'm not sure what they pay, but there are a ton of great wrestlers that compete, and also a ton of upsets (Gatsalov lost one a week ago apparently).

For those who don't know why some people are down on cage fighter, I suggest checking out the old thread linking below. I don't know if this is why Burroughs decided to end things with them, but it's hard not to speculate.

http://www.usawrestlingnation.com/phpBB ... 11&t=30880

The favourites usually win. Azarshakib beating Gatsalov is no huge upset. He can brawl and is a very large man. The depth and parity in Iran is deep and present. Like Russia.

Nobody is peaking for the league matches. In shape most of the time, but it ain't Worlds or Euros shape.

I can tell you this, CF is willing to pay athletes more than some other companies, I have been a negotiator dealing with many of the wrestling companies, including Asics, Brute, World Wide Supply, Cliff Keen,

2nd, all companies that do high volume get into lawsuits. Example, your bank has been sued and fined no matter who its with, your car manufacturer has been fined and sued, so has your doctor, your tire company, your cable company, your cell phone carrier, and your shoe company, ,,, so it does not suprise me that there have been some suits against these owners.

Now, can they work on the delivery of their message = yes

Are they SATAN incarnate = no

Overall, are they good for wrestling = My opinion is yes, but you can feel free to disagree

Being involved with lawsuits isn't a big deal in and of itself but both the number of them in relation to the relatively small size of CF and the fact that (in my opinion) there is actual merit behind the suits show a pattern of behavior that I wouldn't be able to ignore. I am in the medical field so I have insurance and understand that it could happen to me as well for any reason and not be true but that doesn't mean that lawsuits can't tell us anything.

Take that and couple it with their well known interactions with Jake Herbert/Roy Nelson/Randy Couture/whoever else and I see zero respect or professionalism for wrestlers or fighters or anyone that "crosses" them. All that doesn't make them the devil, it just makes them people that I would not do business with or support or advise anyone else too.

Just my opinion of course. its too bad because AGON wasn't a bad event at all...