Sign in to follow this  
Alwayswrestling

Some upsets tonight in Cedar Falls, IA

UNI was impressive! They wrestled with more energy and more confidence. Colon gave up over a minute and half of riding time then when he gets on top he breaks Graff with a tuff ride and 2 turns. Same at 141, thielke locks a near side cradle and turns but doesn't pin and Lazor racks up over 3 minutes of dominate riding with Thielke spending a lot of time on flat on his belly and giving up backs. The future is bright in Cedar Falls.

Oh yeah I forgot that Ban_basketball is trying to preserve the secret that Colon will be able to ride and turn/tilt Tony Ramos. Thanks WaHawk for the breakdown. I was going to ask about the Lazor match. I'm a big fan of his, being a Georgia wrestler and all.

Oh yeah I forgot that Ban_basketball is trying to preserve the secret that Colon will be able to ride and turn/tilt Tony Ramos. Thanks WaHawk for the breakdown. I was going to ask about the Lazor match. I'm a big fan of his, being a Georgia wrestler and all.

You STILL haven't identified where Colon scores and where he scored last night. So, yeah, the secret is still maintained. :lol:

So, if you knew about his supposed secret, why didn't you reveal it before? Furthermore, somehow Graff didn't get these abundant scouting reports, did he?

I'm a Wisconsin fan but there is no other way to explain this dual other than to say that UNI took it to the Badgers; a humbling butt whooping. Graff's results were the most surprising - Colon just took control. Bucky lost the close ones and were dominated in other matches where we might have hoped for wins. Hats off the UNI and Schwab - a very good showing. Badgers will be licking these wounds for at least a couple of weeks.

A good Iowa city dual tournament would be Iowa, Iowa State, UNI and Grandview

I've already thrown this idea out there, minus Grandview. They've already been shelled by ISU, and ISU will likely beat UNI this year, so aside from some marginal interest in UNI/Grandview, this event would best be kept a triangular between the Regent's schools.

Don't believe what Ban is trying to sell UNI looked good the guys wrestled hard and seemed to be in very good condition for a early meet which should be no surprise since their coach was always one of the best conditioned wrestlers out there when he was competing.

I'm not selling anything, other than fact.

Lot of chinks in that armor. Last night was a little flukish and a product of a lot of fortunate breaks.

He is posting the matches up now on badger state wrestling. It was an old fashion beat down fueled by a crowd of motivated fans.

Uni was stronger, in better condition., more aggressive.

They dictated the way the mat was going to go.

Maybe a couple questionable calls....but overall were better prepared team.

Maybe a couple questionable calls

More than a couple. I counted at least five per match.

What 5 did you see in Peters match? Quit being a tool about the UNI win it is a very good win for a early season meet. UNI came to wrestle hard in their home gym.

Subtle. They took a keen eye and the ability to see the winks between coaching staff and ref.

Not sure that I can call myself a UNI "tool," as hardly anyone at UNI knows me, so not too many are pulling my strings. However, if a FAN is what you're referring to, guilty! I was one when we were down to what I've come to call the "Faithful 100" (the 100 diehard, loyal, through thick and thin UNI fans that will always be there), and I'll be one when those days return, heaven forbid.

More than a couple. I counted at least five per match.

What 5 did you see in Peters match? Quit being a tool about the UNI win it is a very good win for a early season meet. UNI came to wrestle hard in their home gym.

Subtle. They took a keen eye and the ability to see the winks between coaching staff and ref.

Not sure that I can call myself a UNI "tool," as hardly anyone at UNI knows me, so not too many are pulling my strings. However, if a FAN is what you're referring to, guilty! I was one when we were down to what I've come to call the "Faithful 100" (the 100 diehard, loyal, through thick and thin UNI fans that will always be there), and I'll be one when those days return, heaven forbid.

Congrats to the Panthers for a solid win!

Not so sure I like this new humble act from Ban, though. This is how Iowans act when they actually think their team gonna kick your team's butt. He's being coy. Won't work, and won't need to. UNI may be developing their best Div I team since the days of Bill Koll, Bill Nelson, and Keith Young, so the cat's outta the bag.