Sign in to follow this  
Abovetheline1

Midlands

Trying to see what teams and wrestlers will be at Midlands. Looking at the site there are many teams coming does that mean they all will be bringing full team? If a team only brings a partial line- up how does that affect the amount of matches or dates they schedule.?

Trying to see what teams and wrestlers will be at Midlands. Looking at the site there are many teams coming does that mean they all will be bringing full team? If a team only brings a partial line- up how does that affect the amount of matches or dates they schedule.?

No, they won't all be bringing full teams. Some will bring their entire student bodies, some will bring just a full set of starters, and some will bring no more than one or two guys.

If they bring seven or more attached, it counts as a team date.

This tournament used to be the premier midseason wrestling even, sorry to say that it has lost out to the scuffle. This year there is no comparison between the two.

It seems that each year (around this time) someone has to take a shot at the Midlands Tourney. Jeez, the Midlands has been going strong for what….51 years now.

Yeah, there is another tourney out east. I like that tourney also. Some great ones have wrestled in each. I recall barn burner bouts at each of these holiday tournaments. Truth be known, I will go to (and enjoy) any quality wrestling tournament. And then look for more. Chi-Town is a fun place at this time of the year.

That said, ya got to be some kind of a stud buff (alo) to actually win the Midlands (and/or the Scuffle).

Do I get an amen ?

It seems that each year (around this time) someone has to take a shot at the Midlands Tourney. Jeez, the Midlands has been going strong for what….51 years now.

Yeah, there is another tourney out east. I like that tourney also. Some great ones have wrestled in each. I recall barn burner bouts at each of these holiday tournaments. Truth be known, I will go to (and enjoy) any quality wrestling tournament. And then look for more. Chi-Town is a fun place at this time of the year.

That said, ya got to be some kind of a stud buff (alo) to actually win the Midlands (and/or the Scuffle).

Do I get an amen ?

Amen Denny

Do I get an amen ?

Amen Denny

Amen.

Do I get an amen ?

Amen Denny

Amen.

Scuffle might be tougher this year, but I will always consider Midlands to be more prestigious. Both tournaments are really tough and you will get tested in either one. It just so happens that this season there are more ranked kids on the teams going to the Scuffle. I wouldn't be surprised to see the toughness of each tourney shift back and forth for the next few decades.

Scuffle might be tougher this year, but I will always consider Midlands to be more prestigious. Both tournaments are really tough and you will get tested in either one. It just so happens that this season there are more ranked kids on the teams going to the Scuffle. I wouldn't be surprised to see the toughness of each tourney shift back and forth for the next few decades.

Okay, I could not have said that any better. Thank you.

And I say again……a wrestler must be some kinda stud buff to….actually win a Midlands title. And said title can be a 'lifetime of likes' (especially when/if said stud is 'raised wrestling' in the Chi-Town area) ;)

Get my drift…….wood ?

Happy Holidays to all…..from Denny, one proud, yet grateful, Midlands Champ.

Okay, I could not have said that any better. Thank you.

And I say again……a wrestler must be some kinda stud buff to….actually win a Midlands title. And said title can be a 'lifetime of likes' (especially when/if said stud is 'raised wrestling' in the Chi-Town area) ;)

Get my drift…….wood ?

Happy Holidays to all…..from Denny, one proud, yet grateful, Midlands Champ.