Sign in to follow this  
MSU158

What should Jenkins have done after Sanderson arrived?

Dan Vallimont was there.

Huh? Are you in a different universe? In this one Vallimont was at 165 and would have graduated that year and Cyler Sanderson had transferred to PSU for his senior year at 157. David Taylor had also had his NLI released and was redshirting.

Huh??

Scribe suggested DT go straight to 165...

Here is Bubba's Career Big10 and NCAA track record before Cael arrived.

14-6 in Big10 duals

7-6 Big10 Championships

5-5 NCAA Championships

Do you build around a kid like Bubba, or do you build around a kid like Taylor. No brainer if you ask me, and for Penn State it has worked out really well.

When did people start building their program around a senior? His final NCAA record is 10-5 with a bonus point win in his last match?

I think it's fair to discuss Bubba's vastly superior winning percentage in NCAA finals.

Dan Vallimont was there.

Huh? Are you in a different universe? In this one Vallimont was at 165 and would have graduated that year and Cyler Sanderson had transferred to PSU for his senior year at 157. David Taylor had also had his NLI released and was redshirting.

Huh??

Scribe suggested DT go straight to 165...

Without quoting anything, your response was taken as being meant for the topic of the thread. I am not psychic.

A couple of things:

1. Bubba was a team captain prior to the arrival of Cael, right or wrong someone thought he had some qualities that many would judge to be ideal.

2. Bubba said many times he flunked out on purpose because Cael wouldn't grant him a redshirt. Right or wrong he chose to fail to force the redshirt situation. Some have said it already but he wasn't failing because he was "too dumb".

Cael made his choice and Bubba his, it worked out for all with a taste of poetic justice.

Without quoting anything, your response was taken as being meant for the topic of the thread. I am not psychic.

Psychic, no. A little psychotic in this thread maybe.

I don't quote when I am posting right after the post I'm responding to, except this thread drew in some quick replies. Sorry my man.

Here is Bubba's Career Big10 and NCAA track record before Cael arrived.

14-6 in Big10 duals

7-6 Big10 Championships

5-5 NCAA Championships

Do you build around a kid like Bubba, or do you build around a kid like Taylor. No brainer if you ask me, and for Penn State it has worked out really well.

When did people start building their program around a senior? His final NCAA record is 10-5 with a bonus point win in his last match?

I think it's fair to discuss Bubba's vastly superior winning percentage in NCAA finals.

.500 = vastly superior?

A couple of things:

1. Bubba was a team captain prior to the arrival of Cael, right or wrong someone thought he had some qualities that many would judge to be ideal.

2. Bubba said many times he flunked out on purpose because Cael wouldn't grant him a redshirt. Right or wrong he chose to fail to force the redshirt situation. Some have said it already but he wasn't failing because he was "too dumb".

Cael made his choice and Bubba his, it worked out for all with a taste of poetic justice.

Yeah I don't really think either one was in the wrong. Sometimes **** happens when there is a regime change.

I don't think Cael should have to honor a promise made by Sunderland and Bubba shouldn't have to try and make a weight he doesn't want to or give up a redhisrt he thinks he deserved.

at the end of the Day Bubba got an NCAA title and Cael has been dominating at PSU so it seems to me that both sides won.

I don't quote when I am posting right after the post I'm responding to, except this thread drew in some quick replies. Sorry my man.

Psychotic? Wow, thanks. If feeling strongly about a subject and asking others opinions makes me psychotic I am in trouble.

Am I supposed to know your posting tendencies and figure out when and what you replied to?

Psychotic? Wow, thanks. If feeling strongly about a subject and asking others opinions makes me psychotic I am in trouble.

Am I supposed to know your posting tendencies and figure out when and what you replied to?

Speaking of feeling strongly, you appear to feel more for Penn State than for your own Spartans.

Your Penn State v MSU posting percentage must be something.

Have you posted anything as to how they (MSU) did this weekend?

I believe he (lordneslon) was stating he was psychotic not you. And he is by the way.

Am I crazy to think DT would be a 4x undefeated champ if Carl hadn't ran off bubba?

He still would have ran into Dake, right? Maybe he would have won as a redshirt freshman.

I believe he would have 165 and 174. I think he stormed through 157 that first year off of redshirt.

I can understand Sanderson's hesitancy to go beyond 157 considering DT was 3rd string at best his first year out of high school.

3. Jenkins was pulled out of redshirt his freshman year by Sunderland. This was considered completely unnecessary by many PSU fans and a waste of a year of eligibility. This also caused Nathan Galloway to transfer out.

Not quite true. Galloway transferred out (flamed out?) before they pulled Bubba's shirt during the 2006-07 season.

Galloway wrestled (lost) a home dual on Dec 15

http://wrestlingstats.com/pennstate/vie ... eason=2007

Bubba debuted at the VA Duals on Jan 7, going 3-1 up a class at 157.

http://wrestlingstats.com/pennstate/vie ... eason=2007

* God bless the memory of Jay Hammond, who made data like this possible.

Speaking of feeling strongly, you appear to feel more for Penn State than for your own Spartans.

Your Penn State v MSU posting percentage must be something.

Have you posted anything as to how they (MSU) did this weekend?

I have posted several topics about MSU and they fall on deaf ears. I have resigned myself that as long as Minkel is the head coach they will be at the bottom of the B1G. They simply aren't relevant on this board. I doubt anyone cares that they lost to Columbia and Rutgers while narrowly defeating North Carolina. I like to talk about wrestling and, simply put, PSU or Iowa topics cover 75% of the board. Would you like to talk about MSU with me? I would be glad to do so..............

he intentionally missed weight at the ESU Open to eliminate the possibly of wrestling at 149 under the NCAA weight management rules.

One minor correction...it was the Mat Town Open.

Ironically, if I am reading correctly, that rule no longer exists.

He missed weight at 157 which then precluded his going back to 149.

Currently it wouldn't necessarily preclude it per se as long as he could 1.5% it back down prior to 2/15