Sign in to follow this  
TBar1977

Dziewa "I'm not worried about it (Port)"

Some nice quotes from Iowa's Josh Dziewa regarding his upcoming match with Mitchell Port of Edinboro.

“It’s an exciting opportunity,” Dziewa said. “He’s a tough kid, but so am I. So I’m ready to go for it.”

Today’s match will be the first time that Dziewa and Port have faced each other, but they’re hardly strangers with both being Pennsylvania natives. Dziewa also watched Port defeat former Iowa wrestler Mark Ballweg in a dual at Carver-Hawkeye Arena last season.

“I’m just not worried about it,” Dziewa said. “I’m going out there to wrestle my pace, and he can try to do what he wants to do. That’s what wrestling is.”

http://hawkcentral.com/2013/12/04/brand ... y=obinsite

Trying to stir up drama is fine... but I really don't think Dziewa paid Port any disrespect in the interview.

He gives him a nod as a tough opponent, and then talks about his mindset going into the match which is that he's not going to worry about what Port is doing, he's going to try to wrestle his match. Sure, he got stuck, but there's no problem with what he said.

Trying to stir up drama is fine... but I really don't think Dziewa paid Port any disrespect in the interview.

He gives him a nod as a tough opponent, and then talks about his mindset going into the match which is that he's not going to worry about what Port is doing, he's going to try to wrestle his match. Sure, he got stuck, but there's no problem with what he said.

Jeva is fine. Nothing wrong with that interview at all. He's a competitor.

Jeva is fine. Nothing wrong with that interview at all. He's a competitor.

Thought you were saying otherwise, my mistake.

Thought you were saying otherwise, my mistake.

I have no probs with Jeva. He was a little cocky at NCAA's when he was here in PA, but I think that is all gone now. He was probably considered the better prospect than Port coming out of high school. Port is a real nice technician on the mat and he showed last night what can happen if you make a mistake.