125: Gilman Mdec. Mines

133: Schoop dec. Tony Rainbow 3-2. Great match

141: Port FALL Dwieza. Port with a reversal and fall

149: Habat Mdec. Grothous 13-4

157: DSJ Mdec. Greishheimer 13-5

165: Moore dec. Towers 11-4

174: Stash MD. Jennings 13-5

184: Lofthouse dec. Avery didnt wrestle not sure who did 3-2

I think it may have been Nick Mitchell, a redshirt freshman 174-pounder in against Lofthouse at 184.

Iowa did not look too great, and Edinboro pretty much did everything right in each match. I'd say the only Iowa guys that did their jobs were Gillman, St. John, and Brooks. Moore, Evans and Lofthouse won, but they had much lesser opponents and only put up 10 points total. Ramos did not look on his game at all. I wonder if the knee tweak affected him. From watching on Flo, I have no idea if the riding time was accurate or not (sounds like they stopped it too early) but either way it seems like Ramos was lazy in that attempt to erase the R.T. point - not like him at all. Not a pretty way to finish either at HVY. I would not want to be in that room tomorrow.

That is a poor performance. Just awful. Good job by Gilman and Sammy Brooks if there is a silver lining. I'll tell you one thing, we want nothing to do with Penn St. right now. I don't give us much chance anyway but we better get back to the drawing board or we're going to get flat out embarrassed. I guess it could be one bad night and I'll wait to see if we string together a few bad showings but this is horrific.

Call me crazy but sometimes it almost seems like Brands stops matches just when the momentum is swinging the Iowa guys way for referee judgement calls that don't matter or have no chance of being overturned on purpose.

The stoppage with 30 seconds left, while Schoop looked to be losing steam, only to question riding time for a situation that 99 times out of a 100 would not come into play did not seem wise.

Ok, just got off of the hawkeye cite. Why does Brands always wrestle Grothus against the ranked wrestlers, look at who he threw him against last year. Some thing does not make sense here, and off course the complaint is the Schoop did not do anything against Ramos. Does someone have the data of true shots taken by the Iowa team the last five years, compared to looking like shots. This is not the old teams who are always looking to score,

133, looked gassed and she'll shocked

141, pinned??? What happen here

149' why wrestle the Grothus kid and not the starter

Hwy, whe is he

Billy,

Don't sweat the small stuff he'll have em ready come March!!!

P.S. Looking forward to that Christmas Present :D :D :D

Call me crazy but sometimes it almost seems like Brands stops matches just when the momentum is swinging the Iowa guys way for referee judgement calls that don't matter or have no chance of being overturned on purpose.

The stoppage with 30 seconds left, while Schoop looked to be losing steam, only to question riding time for a situation that 99 times out of a 100 would not come into play did not seem wise.

watched the match on Flo. great crowd. and that mat was insane - loved it. and the singlets were a big improvement over what the had in the last NCAAs. was impressed by the event. very entertaining.

wrestling was pretty great too! i can see why the iowa fans are disappointed but i was still impressed. traveling that far on a school night is tough on kids. and even with back ups in the line up against a top 10 team in hostile territory they still came out on top. but thats the standard iowa has set i guess.

my only gripe is that we're still stuck with the arbitrary match order by ascending weight class. one day, when duals are emphasized and media partners have more sway, we'll (hopefully) see the weight orders set by order of expected closeness. one day maybe.

How much does Schopp weigh when he's not sucked down? I was surprised to see how big he looked compared to Ramos.

Schopp has that "Jermaine Jones" single leg defense down pretty good, even if he didn't turn Ramos with it.

The most surprising thing to me was how lost Ramos looked from bottom.

Schopp is a contender for sure.

Great dual meet! Totally enjoyed the college atmosphere of a packed, intimate gym filled with passionate and knowledgeable wrestling fans. (Wasn't there, watched it on Flo.) Also, great to hear that the Iowa and Edinboro wrestlers hung around after the match for autographs and pictures with fans. Class act.

Well, as somewhat of a sequel to my "ref-bashing" post last weekend, I have to give credit where credit is due. I thought the official did an excellent job overall, and I hope he gets invited to work the big dance in March.

A quick 2 cents on the matches and the ref:

125. Fun match to watch, lots of action, and Gilman looked tough as nails. And they only went out of bounds 1 time in the entire match!!! (That put me in a very good mood from the get-go.)

133. Another great match, really enjoyed it. Thought the stalemate call after the Schopp takedown was ok. Again the wrestlers only went out of bounds 1 time the entire match!!!

141. Fall!!! Again, no out of bounds in this match. Loved it!

149. A great match, enjoyed it, but the wrestlers "walked off" the mat 5 times throughout this match. The ref put up a stall warning call on the 5th walk-off. IMO, he could have easily warned them on the first walk-off, but so far, so good.

157. Another very enjoyable match to watch. Wrestlers went out of bounds zero times!!!!!

165. A questionable stalemate call, but that's why the ref makes the big bucks. Tough call either way. 3 walk-offs this match.

174. Again 3, maybe 4 walk-offs.

184. 5 walk-offs.

197. 6 walk-offs (hey, what's happening to my ref - is he getting tired?)

285. The dual ends with a fall by Big Ernie! Very exciting although it wasn't enough to put Boro ahead.

In summary, great job by both teams, fans and the refs and Flo.