Sign in to follow this  
MA_Wrestler

Schopp over Ramos

Major for Habat. 13-4 'Boro. Iowa needs their national champ to stop the bleeding.

Iowa will probably have backups in at 97 and heavy, Avery is no slouch at 84 and Lofthouse has been known to be inconsistent at times, does Edinboro have enough to pull this off? My initial thought is no, but they have momentum and packed house going nuts for them now so...

So, in the next rankings how many guys does #8 A J Schopp pass do you think by beating #1 Ramos?

Considering that Colon passed 5 guys after beating Graf, I'd say Intermat would have him at least in the top 3. My guess is that he'll be ranked 2nd (behind Mango). Ramos could tumble all the way down to 5th, but I think he'll end up at #3. (Of course, that's barring any other upsets.) We shall see...

Hmm...I forgot about his loss to Beckman (and was cross-posting with Flying Tiger). That will probably knock him down a spot or 2. I could still see him and Ramos at #3 and #4 (either way - but I'd give the nod to Schoop). And Ramos may even be able to hold at #2. I wouldn't keep him at #1, but can see where an argument could be made for him to retain the top spot.

The loss at the all star shouldn't effect rankings, as it doesn't count on his record. However, we've seen just about all the rankings use it anyway. He should be number 1, but my guess is Morrison will go to 1, Mango 2, Colon or Schoop 3 and 4

And to think that less than a mere month ago people were driven into blind, screaming rages on here at the mere suggestion that Ramos COULD ACTUALLY lose this year! :lol:

However, Schopp was NOT one of them that I thought that could/will beat Ramos, so add another to this list of persons who can beat the unbeatable glare of my buddy Ramos.

Next comes Colon! :twisted:

i dont think this changes the rankings much. its one match. ramos was on the road on a school night against his first top ten opponent of the year and he drops a 3-2 nail biter. i'd still pick ramos as the favorite if i had lay money down.

that said, it was an awesome match and kudos to schopp on his win. he deserves the bump this will give him come tournament seeding time. 133 looks to be a very fun weight class this year.

And to think that less than a mere month ago people were driven into blind, screaming rages on here at the mere suggestion that Ramos COULD ACTUALLY lose this year! :lol:

However, Schopp was NOT one of them that I thought that could/will beat Ramos, so add another to this list of persons who can beat the unbeatable glare of my buddy Ramos.

Colon will have to get by Dijulius first.

And I am confused, in that thread with the blind, screaming rage, you repeatedly said you were not picking Colon over Ramos, just that he could win. Now in this post you say Colon is next to beat him. Sounds like you want to poke the Iowa crowd (not my crowd, I'm and OkState guy), but you want to leave yourself enough wiggle room in case he loses. Which is it? Are you predicting Colon over Ramos or not? Care for a sig bet if you are?

Colon will have to get by Dijulius first.

And I am confused, in that thread with the blind, screaming rage, you repeatedly said you were not picking Colon over Ramos, just that he could win. Now in this post you say Colon is next to beat him. Sounds like you want to poke the Iowa crowd (not my crowd, I'm and OkState guy), but you want to leave yourself enough wiggle room in case he loses. Which is it? Are you predicting Colon over Ramos or not? Care for a sig bet if you are?

Your statement was spot on, because Johnny D. beat him.