Sign in to follow this  
hammer

BU ~ Penn State match live stream

My favorite part of the announcing was when they were talking about the BU "Haw-key" team. I lost it when I heard that... Also, props to the BU 165 for the quick TD on Taylor. Even if the momentum did end pretty quickly.

Mr Wightman will get to claim he took down David Taylor in college, but that was a pretty quick 2. Oh well, NBD.

I felt a little sorry for Brown's opponent, who was way overmatched. But I don't understand why Brown didn't pin him. Announcers said only a 4 pt tech due to no backs.

Phipps looked pretty good. I don't know the quality of his opponent.

Mcintosh took the forfeit wearing some kind of brace.

Heavyweights up now.

Good match. Fantastic turnout for the BU faithful. The wrestled tough every match, were just over matched in most matches. Only disappointment for PSU is Guilbon. After beating the same opponent 13-0 earlier this year, he loses 1-0 on a riding time point. Need to get that turned around quickly for Sunday against Pitt.

Good match. Fantastic turnout for the BU faithful. The wrestled tough every match, were just over matched in most matches. Only disappointment for PSU is Guilbon. After beating the same opponent 13-0 earlier this year, he loses 1-0 on a riding time point. Need to get that turned around quickly for Sunday against Pitt.

Gulibon gets Shelton Mack on Sunday. More of a similar body (shorter than Harlowe, I think). And in his home gym. I think he'll bounce back. (as long as superold is not watching :) )

jimmy is not ready for prime time. Just not strong enough.

I'm hearing he beat this kid earlier this year. If that's the case, I think that shows he's strong enough.

jimmy actually beat him quite handily, 13-0. but he couldn't get out from bottom for 4 whole minutes tonight.

jimmy is not ready for prime time. Just not strong enough.

I'm hearing he beat this kid earlier this year. If that's the case, I think that shows he's strong enough.

jimmy actually beat him quite handily, 13-0. but he couldn't get out from bottom for 4 whole minutes tonight.

I'd say Gulibon's poor technique is the biggest reason for his struggles in the bottom position. I'm not convinced about Gulibon being "small" for the weigt class.

fun match. great crowd, getting behind the BU wrestlers, sticking around for the whole match. kudos to PSU for traveling to boston for the dual.

Taylor's match did get a little silly. pretty sure DT was actively trying to make the match last as long as possible before getting the tech.

big takeaway between this and the edinboro match is that there is a lot of untapped potential in college duals.

fun match. great crowd, getting behind the BU wrestlers, sticking around for the whole match. kudos to PSU for traveling to boston for the dual.

Taylor's match did get a little silly. pretty sure DT was actively trying to make the match last as long as possible before getting the tech.

big takeaway between this and the edinboro match is that there is a lot of untapped potential in college duals.

I mentioned something similar in the Edinboro thread. I honestly don't think there is any team or wrestler that can't be beaten if the other team or wrestler shows up with max intensity. Some guys obviously nobody expects to get beat, but anyone can be beaten and almost all of them will be beaten at some point by some young gun who really wants it bad.

Who thought Houdashelt was going to be losing last night? Not me, that's for sure.

I went to this meet last night, and it was the best college wrestling experience that I've had in New England. Place was PACKED and LOUD. Lots of Penn State fans there too, and they were great. Although BU was way over-matched, they didn't embarrass themselves: everyone came to wrestle.

The Penn State stars and coaches were terrific with the fans, and I saw Taylor signing autographs and posing for photo after photo. Great stuff. Thanks to Coach Sanderson, the Penn State team, and all the fans who came for sharing such a great night of wrestling. I wish all wrestling meets in Boston could be like this. This made it clear what a shame it is for BU to drop wrestling.

That was a great crowd. Even as a PSU fan, I LOVED the reaction when Taffur got winning takedown against Vollrath.

JG is really confusing me. I have no clue what's going on with him.

I saw him warming up ahead of the match, and if you ask me, he seemed ill. He was the one PSU wrestler who never looked confident, or happy, or even at ease before the match. I was wondering if he had the flu or something.