Sign in to follow this  
brianj

Koll- Dake vs Taylor

Did you expect him to say anything less about Dake?

Did you think he would say "I don't think he will wrestle the full season at 165?"

Or

Did you think he would say "Kyle hasn't improved much this summer, his work with Herbert and Burroughs didn't help him at all?"

My guess is that an interview with Cael about Taylor would be strikingly similar to Koll's interview.

Did you think he would say "I don't think he will wrestle the full season at 165?"

Or

Did you think he would say "Kyle hasn't improved much this summer, his work with Herbert and Burroughs didn't help him at all?"

My guess is that an interview with Cael about Taylor would be strikingly similar to Koll's interview.

I've heard enough Jim Tressel halftime interviews to know what generic coach talk sounds like. It didn't strike me as such.

Sorry, Mr. Dole.

Or

I've heard enough Jim Tressel halftime interviews to know what generic coach talk sounds like. It didn't strike me as such.

Sorry, Mr. Dole.

+1

was dake actually rolling with herbert? that seems like a big task to give up that much weight to an olympian.

Not just rolling around with him - I heard Kyle actually beat Herbert in a simulation match at the OTC. That may just be a rumor but I don't see why somebody would lie about that.

was dake actually rolling with herbert? that seems like a big task to give up that much weight to an olympian.

Not just rolling around with him - I heard Kyle actually beat Herbert in a simulation match at the OTC. That may just be a rumor but I don't see why somebody would lie about that.

BSMETER.gif

Jim Cramer was just on Mad Money after sering that video...invest all your money in Cornell stock!!

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk

A bit of topic but those TV and radio financial guys always irk me.

They only say the obvious and if they were really as smart as they imply they would be billionaires living on the French Riviera with a bikini clad high heel wearing 20 something super-model on their mega-yacht.

ill say it again Dake is a cut above Taylor. I know people won't accept this, but we will find out in a couple of months, we already saw how lopsided it was in FS. I'm telling you it's not going to be any different in Folk.

I just don't understand that logic. Dake is going beat Taylor worse then St. John whom Taylor has defeated 3 times? You do realize that Dake doesn't start out with points from the freestyle match, right?

Well, at least you get credit for saying this in the face of a pending matchup, unlike some others, who all of a sudden have gotten real conservative with their posts compared to the rhetoric we saw after the trials.

What I don't understand is why people continually think that the TRANSITIVE PROPERTY applies to anything outside Math Logic.

Using St. John as a barometer to predict the Dake v Taylor match ups doesn't hold nearly the water that their FS confrontation does.

Styles and number of bouts plays a role into DT's results.

Dake had no reason to do anything more than he did in the final and I don't read into it.

What I don't understand is why people continually think that the TRANSITIVE PROPERTY applies to anything outside Math Logic.

Using St. John as a barometer to predict the Dake v Taylor match ups doesn't hold nearly the water that their FS confrontation does.

Styles and number of bouts plays a role into DT's results.

Dake had no reason to do anything more than he did in the final and I don't read into it.

Dude a take down is a take down, and you get get skunked in FS, that's all I need to know. I could understand if the match between DAke and Taylor was close, but it was not.

I'm not using the transitive property, I'm using the DAke looked much stronger and threw Taylor around property. More importantly I think Dake is simply more talented than Taylor. But the more important test is how you do against guys good enough to beat you, where as Dake has won, Taylor has not.

Not referring to FS match, that is a direct result and I whole heartedly agree with you.

I am referring to DSJ as the reference point between Folkstyle abilities.

A beats B by 10

C beats B by 8

Therefore A beats C

Doesn't work that way in sports, especially in wrestling.

As has been stated, common opponent means nothing in wrestling. I know if Taylor wins Tigs will think he's right and common opponent means something. It doesn't regardless of who wins. I stand by my prediction that Dake wins a close, low scoring match. I'm not afraid to put my prediction out there no matter how much Tigs runs his mouth about rhetoric. No matter what happens in this match, Dake smoked Taylor this summer at the OLYMPIC!!!! Trials. Then Tigs and his boys made excuse after excuse. Period. How's that for rhetoric.

Not referring to FS match, that is a direct result and I whole heartedly agree with you.

I am referring to DSJ as the reference point between Folkstyle abilities.

A beats B by 10

C beats B by 8

Therefore A beats C

Doesn't work that way in sports, especially in wrestling.

Correct.

But saying you can infer nothing from similar opponents is nonsense. You can't offhand say A beats C because he beat B by more points, but you can also in no way say that C is a cut above A (who has 1 career NCAA loss) simply by disregarding similar opponents and citing a head to head match up in a different style.

"A takedown is a takedown"...yes...but the way you approach it or the resulting points are totally different in Free vs Folk.

Example: You should a double leg and get elevated through, then roll over and end up on top in control.

Possible Freestyle score: 3-1 bottom man.

Folkstyle score: 2-0 top man.

Pretty big difference, wouldnt you say???

The point is Taylor and Dake wrestle different styles. Both are dominant. Both handled DSJ who is very good. Neither Dake nor Taylor were in any danger of losing. Taylor beating DSJ by more points than Dake did has zero relevance to a match between Taylor and Dake. And if Taylor wins it doesn't lend weight to the argument that common opponent matters. It just doesn't.

Nelson, if you have enough common opponents, this line of thinking works fairley well, imo. Certainly it's not perfect, but what is? Even actual head-to-head results don't always work. Cladwell-Metcalf, Perry-Hendricks; Alton-Welsh, etc.... and once you start relying on freestyle results, you are reaching as far as I am concerned. I am still amazed at how many people want to convert that match into a de facto folk result.

On a side note, I still remember the hype around the 1990 Buffalo Bills offense and how they were supposed to wreck the Giants in the Superbowl that season. The Giants ended up winning using great defense with just enough offense to pull off the upset so I do understand what your saying.

Nelson, if you have enough common opponents, this line of thinking works fairley well, imo. Certainly it's not perfect, but what is? Even actual head-to-head results don't always work.

Common Opponent is more relavant than Head to Head???????

I am sorry it took me this long to learn.

I will no longer try to have a logical arguement with you, it isn't possible.