Sign in to follow this  
LIWrestler125Lbs

Jordan Oliver High School

I need a Pa guy to refresh my memory. Wasn't that the year Josh Oliver lost his first round match, threw his headgear and his team penalty point cost them the state title. I was there that year and saw him do it, remember thinking it might come back and cost the team. Hope I have the right year.
I know definitively that CR South and Easton both lost a team point for head gear tosses. I think that Connellsville may have lost a point, too (not positive, though).

Oliver was a beast in high school regardless and won some of the hardest state tournaments in the nation. I used to love watching his matches against Sheetz those were epic matches. It's a shame Sheetz only went D3.

I believe Sheetz wrestled D3 at Delaware Valley College for two years and then transferred to a D2 school I think Kutztown. Not sure how he panned out there.

Oliver was a beast in high school regardless and won some of the hardest state tournaments in the nation. I used to love watching his matches against Sheetz those were epic matches. It's a shame Sheetz only went D3.

I believe Sheetz wrestled D3 at Delaware Valley College for two years and then transferred to a D2 school I think Kutztown. Not sure how he panned out there.

At Kutztown Sheetz had a good year then at the Regional Qualifier didnt place in the top 4 to qualify for nationals. The next year he wrestled for a bit and that was it.

I need a Pa guy to refresh my memory. Wasn't that the year Josh Oliver lost his first round match, threw his headgear and his team penalty point cost them the state title. I was there that year and saw him do it, remember thinking it might come back and cost the team. Hope I have the right year.
I know definitively that CR South and Easton both lost a team point for head gear tosses. I think that Connellsville may have lost a point, too (not positive, though).

Interesting. So, assuming everthing else remained the same (except as indicated below), the following could have occured:

[*:i7i80a7f]If Easton had avoided the penalty, they would have shared the title in a 3-way tie.
    [*:i7i80a7f]If CR South had avoided the penalty, they would have won the title outright.
    [*:i7i80a7f]If Connellsville had avoided the penalty, they would have won the title outright.

There's a lesson in there somewhere.

Interesting. So, assuming everthing else remained the same (except as indicated below), the following could have occured:

[*:14wusn88]If Easton had avoided the penalty, they would have shared the title in a 3-way tie.
    [*:14wusn88]If CR South had avoided the penalty, they would have won the title outright.
    [*:14wusn88]If Connellsville had avoided the penalty, they would have won the title outright.

There's a lesson in there somewhere.

I don't remember what happened as far as penalty points but the OP is wrong about Oliver since he didn't lose in the first round. The only loss Oliver had at states was in the finals at 103 as a frosh to Matt Kyler who was ranked #1 in the country at 103 at the time.

The OP is not wrong he is talking about Jordan's brother Josh losing in the first round which he did. Josh was a state finalist the year before beating Tim Darling in the semis. Its been a while but I do think Josh lost a team point after that first round lose.