Sign in to follow this  
gowrestle

WHO IS DF?

This guy is quite talented. He is the best at sucking people into his absurd posts. This chap has an outstanding imagination. Once you understand that his comments are just comedy, his posts can be a source of entertainment for you.

I think DF is a pretty cool fellow!

I concur. The best is after he posts, he gets bombarded with posts about how horrible of a person he is, and people trying to teach him on the meaning of life. You really see how people think they got this life thing down to a science when DF posts.

DF is a quite a talent. Not quite a real persona, but very consistent and entertaining, and often bringing up truisms.... sort of like what Colbert is to politics.

I can recall only one other poster who was as funny... Kentucky Mudflap, who's been awol for some time.

DF is a literary creation of a very talented poster. DF's creator understands the folk psychology of wrestlers, and he uses DF to satirize it. The twist is that in using DF to satirize wrestlers' folk psychology, he turns DF into a protagonist who lacks the qualities and attributes the wrestling's folk psychologists value. In that sense, he indirectly and subtly confronts other posters with the shortcomings and maladaptiveness of their values and beliefs, as well as their cultural insularity, which sometimes leads to anger. DF's author seems to enjoy provoking anger, as I'm sure he enjoys reading this thread and reading about how others appreciate him.

A related twist is the character DF does not share the socioeconomic background with most wrestlers, and he is adamantly minimizes the importance of wrestling achievements -- for example, by emphasizing that winning a tournament simply means the chips fell your way on that particular day. These themes have an impact because there is a lot to them. DF's author is not perfect, and sometimes takes themes too far, or repeats observations that have long ceased being novel, funny, interesting, or insightful (like the whole Jadidi thing). But that is a small price to pay for this amusing character called DF.

DF is a literary creation of a very talented poster. DF's creator understands the folk psychology of wrestlers, and he uses DF to satirize it. The twist is that in using DF to satirize wrestlers' folk psychology, he turns DF into a protagonist who lacks the qualities and attributes the wrestling's folk psychologists value. In that sense, he indirectly and subtly confronts other posters with the shortcomings and maladaptiveness of their values and beliefs, as well as their cultural insularity, which sometimes leads to anger. DF's author seems to enjoy provoking anger, as I'm sure he enjoys reading this thread and reading about how others appreciate him.

A related twist is the character DF does not share the socioeconomic background with most wrestlers, and he is adamantly minimizes the importance of wrestling achievements -- for example, by emphasizing that winning a tournament simply means the chips fell your way on that particular day. These themes have an impact because there is a lot to them. DF's author is not perfect, and sometimes takes themes too far, or repeats observations that have long ceased being novel, funny, interesting, or insightful (like the whole Jadidi thing). But that is a small price to pay for this amusing character called DF.

Just a wild hunch that you may be looking a bit too much into it. :?

I was thinking the exact same thing.

That was the most pretentious post I've ever seen on these boards. Impressive actually.

Great post! (Are you DF under a different screen name?). :D

DF is delfino. He's been around a very long time. His best work was his run to the state championship story. The part about him warming up and pointing across the mat to his opponent while doing the ref's swiping motion had my whole team cracking up. A fierce tilter indeed.

That was the most pretentious post I've ever seen on these boards. Impressive actually.

That comment made me laugh out loud literally.