Sign in to follow this  
tommygun

Could any 174 beat Taylor

I find it fairly amusing that some PSU pundants are now pointing to Freestyle results as indicators of folkstyle success as opposed to the previous season where it "is a totally different style with meaningless carry over to folkstyle".

LOL

I would love to see Howe vs Taylor in Folkstyle...I can guarantee you it won't be 10-0 to whomever said that. For me it all depends upon if Taylor can ride him or not.

If they dropped down? I was on the Gopher board and they were discussing the thought of Storley and Pfarr dropping down now that Steinhaus was back. It got me thinking that I would love to see Storley wrestle Taylor. 174 is so strong. I guess Howe could beat him. Any others?

Here is a nice high def video of the last time they met. Of course that was in freestyle, not folkstyle. Taylor's reaction at the end shows just how much it meant to him to get this one on Howe.

I find it fairly amusing that some PSU pundants are now pointing to Freestyle results as indicators of folkstyle success as opposed to the previous season where it "is a totally different style with meaningless carry over to folkstyle".

LOL

I would love to see Howe vs Taylor in Folkstyle...I can guarantee you it won't be 10-0 to whomever said that. For me it all depends upon if Taylor can ride him or not.

RecHall mentioned a 10-0 score, but in reference to Tyler Caldwell's match with Taylor. You can see that match here. Plenty of folks said Caldwell would beat Taylor, but Taylor wins this match 10-0. This is a bad match up for Caldwell. I think these two could wrestle 20 times and it would always end up with Taylor dominating him.

http://www.gohiocasts.com/speaker/557-D ... Penn-State

If they dropped down? I was on the Gopher board and they were discussing the thought of Storley and Pfarr dropping down now that Steinhaus was back. It got me thinking that I would love to see Storley wrestle Taylor. 174 is so strong. I guess Howe could beat him. Any others?

Here is a nice high def video of the last time they met. Of course that was in freestyle, not folkstyle. Taylor's reaction at the end shows just how much it meant to him to get this one on Howe.

The other match. I'd guess a 3rd match would go closer to this:

DT reacts like that to most wins, doesn't he?

People were saying free favored Howe last summer because "Howe is such a bull". "He'd push Taylor all the mat and wear him down." Result = Taylor Tech Fall. Now I see someone favoring Howe in folk. I completely disagree with this assertion. I just don't see the merit in all this Howe jockstrap swinging.

I say Howe doesn't win NCAA this year. He is not good enough to win matches against the best guys by keeping it close all the time. He is not the technician that Dake is/was.

I think the Taylor - Howe match in folk would look a lot like Taylor vs. Caldwell. Taylor 10-0.

Unless he gets injured, Howe is winning 174. He may kill everyone by a point but his head/hands offense and defense is ridiculous.

There is no way Taylor could put 10 points on the board against him in Folkstyle. Taylor caught a nice trapped arm gut and any wrestler worth his salt will get at least 2 exposures from that.

Taylor can definitely beat Howe. To think Howe can't beat Taylor is a little shortsighted. I can't see Perry beating Taylor because he isn't going to ride Taylor with his style of legs. I also don't see Perry taking DT down.

Once again, the art of fighting hands gets lost when assessing the best in the sport. Dake is one of the best ever at it and Howe has a predictable but outstanding approach to controlling his opponent.

Taylor/Howe is a pick em'.

I'm with you all the way Lord Nelson!