Sign in to follow this  
Perry

Minnesota to Number One

Intermat now how the Gophers as the N1 team in the country, with Steinhaus and Dardanes making noticeable improvements in the rankings (I don't think they had Steinhaus even listed until this week). NCAAs should be a fun battle for team standings this year with Penn, Minny and Iowa at the head of the pack.

I have been flip flopping between Iowa and Minnesota as Penn State's biggest threat but after this past week of action, I am back in the Gopher camp. The move up in weight by several of their guys seems to be working out well and Steinhaus looked great for his first match back. They are going to be very difficult to deal with in both duals and tournaments.

I have been flip flopping between Iowa and Minnesota as Penn State's biggest threat but after this past week of action, I am back in the Gopher camp. The move up in weight by several of their guys seems to be working out well and Steinhaus looked great for his first match back. They are going to be very difficult to deal with in both duals and tournaments.

I think Minnesota may get us ion a dual format. I like Penn State in a tournament format, but only if everyone in the PSU lineup is healthy.

I think Minnesota may get us ion a dual format. I like Penn State in a tournament format, but only if everyone in the PSU lineup is healthy.

I think the big question will be the Alton brothers once they make it back from their injuries. I'm still not totally sold on McIntosh as a top 3, but I also think Retherford is better than a top 8 with how he's wrestled so far this year. I fully expect him to be the face of Penn State once Taylor and Ruth graduate this year.

I think the big question will be the Alton brothers once they make it back from their injuries. I'm still not totally sold on McIntosh as a top 3, but I also think Retherford is better than a top 8 with how he's wrestled so far this year. I fully expect him to be the face of Penn State once Taylor and Ruth graduate this year.

I think Morgan is the most improved wrestler on the PSU roster this year simply because he is considerably stronger than he was two years ago. He is a much different guy out there right now. He was dinged up a little wrestling against Bonnacorsi the other day, but other than that he has dominated.

Intermat now how the Gophers as the N1 team in the country, with Steinhaus and Dardanes making noticeable improvements in the rankings (I don't think they had Steinhaus even listed until this week). NCAAs should be a fun battle for team standings this year with Penn, Minny and Iowa at the head of the pack.

We (and by we I mean Andrew, he does the individual rankings, I do the team rankings) did have Steinhaus bumped for Pfarr for a couple of weeks.

I think Morgan is the most improved wrestler on the PSU roster this year simply because he is considerably stronger than he was two years ago. He is a much different guy out there right now. He was dinged up a little wrestling against Bonnacorsi the other day, but other than that he has dominated.

According to McIntosh in the post-match press conference, he has had the hyperextended elbow since the Rider meet. I'm not sure you can just blame his performance solely on injury. The Big10 schedule will show us what we can expect from McIntosh at NCAAs, just like it did in his freshman season.